|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A fur hat.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A velvet hat.
2. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Robert Bruce.
(c) Wiliam Shakespeare.
3. What is Flint's occupation?
(a) An antique dealer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A writer.
(d) A filmmaker.
4. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
5. Where does Vivien work?
(a) A library.
(b) A book shop.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A supermarket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
2. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
3. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
4. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
5. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
2. Describe Flint's work.
3. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
4. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
5. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
6. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
7. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
8. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
9. Why does Pat give away the painting?
10. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)