|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) Stewart Merk.
(b) Frederick Tombs.
(c) David Lee.
(d) Lawrence Welk.
2. Where does Philip work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The wool factory.
(c) The post office.
(d) The library.
3. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A gin.
(b) A bourbon.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A White Russian.
4. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
5. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Lovely grub.
(b) Scran attack.
(c) What a spead.
(d) Lovely jubbly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
2. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
3. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
4. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
5. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
2. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
3. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
4. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
5. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
6. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
9. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
10. What happens to Charles the following morning?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)