|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(a) Child birth.
(b) A bad marriage.
2. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A surveyor.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A foreman.
4. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A devil.
(b) A brute.
(c) An angel.
(d) A god.
5. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) The price of coffee.
(b) The price of corn.
(c) Tax deductions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
2. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
3. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
4. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
5. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flint's work.
2. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
3. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
4. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
5. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
6. Describe Pat.
7. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
8. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
9. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
10. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)