|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Lovely grub.
(b) Lovely jubbly.
(c) Scran attack.
(d) What a spead.
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child's shoe.
(b) A child's glove.
(c) A DVD.
(d) A child.
3. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Blake.
4. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(b) Body odor.
5. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
2. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
3. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
4. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
5. What university did Mary study at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet fear?
2. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
3. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
4. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
5. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
6. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
7. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
8. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
9. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
10. Why is Chatterton excited about his life at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)