|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(c) American history.
(d) English literature.
2. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
3. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
4. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A black forest.
(b) A bramble bush.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A birds nest.
5. What is Flint's occupation?
(a) An antique dealer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A filmmaker.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
2. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
3. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
4. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
5. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired Chatterton to write?
2. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
3. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
4. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
5. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
6. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
9. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
10. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)