|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A book critic.
(b) A theater critic.
(c) A film critic.
(d) An art critic.
2. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. Raul Norbury Church.
(b) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
(c) St. John Canterbury Church.
(d) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
3. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A regal voice.
(b) A drowsy numbness.
(c) A thoughtless word.
(d) A lack of style.
4. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
(a) Mr. Ripper.
(b) Mr. Fox.
(c) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Mr. Punch.
5. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A black forest.
(b) A feather bed.
(c) A birds nest.
(d) A bramble bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vivien work?
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
3. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
4. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
5. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
2. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
3. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
4. Describe Pat.
5. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
6. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
7. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
8. What inspired Chatterton to write?
9. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
10. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)