|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Hotcliffe Street.
(b) Blighter Street.
(c) Redcliffe Street.
(d) Lopside Street.
2. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(b) William Blake.
(c) Robert Bruce.
(d) Wiliam Shakespeare.
3. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) Look to Sea.
(c) The Opium Dream.
(d) The Godot.
4. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
5. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
2. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
3. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
4. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
5. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
2. Describe Pat.
3. What does Harriet fear?
4. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
5. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
6. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
9. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
10. What happens to Charles the following morning?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)