|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes colder.
(b) It becomes thinner.
(c) It becomes thicker.
(d) It becomes warmer.
2. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) You are only as old as you feel.
(b) Wake up and smell the oak.
(c) Win the lottery.
(d) Come and taste it.
3. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A knife.
(d) A mobile phone.
4. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) Harriet Scrope.
(b) William Blake.
(c) Philip Slack.
(d) John Chatterton.
5. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A biography of Chatterton.
(b) A photograph of Chatterton.
(c) A brochure about Chatterton.
(d) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vivien work?
2. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
3. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
4. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
5. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
2. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
3. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
4. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
5. What does Harriet fear?
6. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
7. Describe Pat.
8. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
9. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
10. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)