|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(d) American history.
2. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(a) Body odor.
3. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A mobile phone.
(c) A knife.
4. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She had writer's block.
(b) She needed money.
(c) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(d) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
5. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
2. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
3. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
4. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
5. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired Chatterton to write?
2. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
3. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
4. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
5. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
6. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
7. What happens to Charles the following morning?
8. Describe Pat.
9. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
10. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)