|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) Wake up and smell the oak.
(b) Win the lottery.
(c) You are only as old as you feel.
(d) Come and taste it.
2. Where does Vivien work?
(a) A library.
(b) A book shop.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A supermarket.
3. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) An English breakfast.
(c) A casserole.
(d) A sandwich.
4. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
5. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A fur hat.
(b) A top hat.
(c) A felt hat.
(d) A velvet hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
3. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
4. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
5. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pat.
2. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
3. What happens to Charles the following morning?
4. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
5. Why does Pat give away the painting?
6. What inspired Chatterton to write?
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
9. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
10. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)