|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) Look to Sea.
(b) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(c) The Godot.
(d) The Opium Dream.
2. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(a) At ease.
(b) Hot around the collar.
3. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
4. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(b) The price of corn.
(c) Tax deductions.
(d) The price of coffee.
5. Where does Vivien work?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A book shop.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
2. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
3. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
4. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
5. What street was Colston's second school located on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat give away the painting?
2. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
3. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
4. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
5. Describe Flint's work.
6. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
7. What happens to Charles the following morning?
8. What does Harriet fear?
9. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
10. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)