|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(a) The future.
(c) The past.
2. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Kelvin Janus.
(b) Thomas Rowley.
(c) David Howells.
(d) Frederick Pohl.
3. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(a) Robert Bruce.
(c) Wiliam Shakespeare.
(d) William Blake.
4. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Scratch his back.
(b) Rub his feet.
(c) Massage his neck.
(d) Stroke his hair.
5. What is Flint's occupation?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) An antique dealer.
(d) A filmmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
2. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
3. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
2. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
3. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
4. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
5. What happens to Charles the following morning?
6. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
7. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
8. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
9. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
10. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)