|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Harriet Scrope.
(c) John Chatterton.
(d) Philip Slack.
2. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
3. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A god.
(b) An angel.
(c) A brute.
(d) A devil.
4. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
5. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(c) Body odor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
2. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
3. What city did Chatterton move to in the hope of making a name for himself?
4. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
5. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
2. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
3. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
4. Describe Pat.
5. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
6. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
7. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
8. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
9. Describe Flint's work.
10. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)