|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Pay for a young man.
(b) Kill her self.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Piss on the books.
2. What city did Chatterton move to in the hope of making a name for himself?
3. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Scran attack.
(b) Lovely jubbly.
(c) What a spead.
(d) Lovely grub.
4. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A fur hat.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A velvet hat.
5. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
2. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
3. What does Claire's mother want money for?
4. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
5. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
2. Why does Pat give away the painting?
3. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
4. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
5. Why does Charles hesitate about accepting Harriet's proposal to write her memoirs?
6. What inspired Chatterton to write?
7. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
8. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
9. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
10. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)