|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is smelling the carpet.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is sick.
2. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) Frederick Tombs.
(b) Lawrence Welk.
(c) Stewart Merk.
(d) David Lee.
3. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Antique books.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Foreign books.
(d) Old and neglected books.
4. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
5. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A birds nest.
(b) A bramble bush.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A black forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
2. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
3. What does Flint call his flat?
4. What street was Colston's second school located on?
5. Why does Sadlier think the Seymour's are fakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
2. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
3. What does Harriet fear?
4. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
5. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
6. Describe Pat.
7. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
8. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
9. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
10. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)