|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(a) Sunday school teacher.
(b) Singing master.
2. Where does Philip work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The library.
(c) The post office.
(d) The wool factory.
3. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(a) Hot around the collar.
(d) At ease.
4. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Hotcliffe Street.
(b) Blighter Street.
(c) Lopside Street.
(d) Redcliffe Street.
5. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
2. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
3. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
4. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
5. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
2. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
3. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
4. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
5. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
6. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
7. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
8. What does Edward think about Charles' portrait?
9. What happens to Charles the following morning?
10. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)