|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Pay for a young man.
(b) Kill her self.
(c) Piss on the books.
(d) Get drunk.
2. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A forger.
(b) A modernist.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A post modernist.
3. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
4. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
(a) A dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A human.
5. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A gin.
(c) A bourbon.
(d) A White Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
2. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
3. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
4. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
5. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
2. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
3. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
4. Describe Flint's work.
5. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
6. Describe Pat.
7. What happens to Charles the following morning?
8. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
9. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
10. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)