|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
2. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
3. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
4. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Bleak House.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Great Expectations.
5. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A gin.
(b) A White Russian.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A bourbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
2. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
4. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
5. Where does Philip work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
2. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
3. How does Chatterton spend his night?
4. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
5. How is Charles at the beginning of the ninth chapter?
6. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
9. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
10. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)