|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His mouth.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wound.
2. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
(a) Mr. Fox.
(b) Mr. Punch.
(c) Mr. Ripper.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
3. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
(a) Sell his book collection.
(b) Start a magazine.
(c) Fake his suicide.
(d) Open a bookshop.
4. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is smelling the carpet.
5. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Hotcliffe Street.
(b) Blighter Street.
(c) Redcliffe Street.
(d) Lopside Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
2. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
3. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
4. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
5. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
2. Where are all the characters when Charles dies?
3. How does Harriet get what she wants from Vivien?
4. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
5. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
6. How do Vivien, Philip and Edward get over Charles' death?
7. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
8. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
9. What happens to Charles the following morning?
10. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)