|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A brochure about Chatterton.
(b) A biography of Chatterton.
(c) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(d) A photograph of Chatterton.
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child.
(b) A child's shoe.
(c) A child's glove.
(d) A DVD.
3. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
(a) Bleak House.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Oliver Twist.
4. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A wart.
(b) A scar.
(c) A scratch.
(d) A mole.
5. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Chirac.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Sadlier.
(d) Mr. Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sadlier think the Seymour's are fakes?
2. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
3. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
4. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
5. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
2. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
3. Describe Pat.
4. How does Joynson suggest Chatterton can make them rich?
5. Why does Pat give away the painting?
6. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
7. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
8. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
9. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
10. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)