|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Blake.
2. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes warmer.
(b) It becomes thicker.
(c) It becomes colder.
(d) It becomes thinner.
3. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(a) The future.
(c) The past.
4. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A book of his poetry.
(b) A photograph of his family.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) One of his wife's cakes.
5. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(c) American history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
2. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
3. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
4. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
5. What do the stone stairs smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
2. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
3. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
4. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
5. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
6. Describe Flint's work.
7. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
8. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
9. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
10. Why does Pat give away the painting?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)