|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Leicester Square.
(b) South Kennsington.
(c) Tottenham Court Road.
(d) Russell Square.
2. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A knife.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A mobile phone.
3. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) William Blake.
4. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
5. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
(a) The loft.
(b) The top floor.
(c) The shed.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
2. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
3. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
4. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
5. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
2. Why does Pat give away the painting?
3. Describe Chatterton's upbringing.
4. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
5. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
6. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
7. Why does Harriet want to go to the art gallery?
8. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
9. Describe Flint's work.
10. Describe Pat.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)