|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Kelvin Janus.
(b) David Howells.
(c) Thomas Rowley.
(d) Frederick Pohl.
2. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
3. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(b) The past.
(c) The future.
4. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) American history.
(d) English literature.
5. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
(a) A Dame-school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A boys school.
(d) A grammar school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
2. What street was Colston's second school located on?
3. Which of the following is the surname of one of the gallery owners?
4. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
5. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
2. Why does Pat give away the painting?
3. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
4. How does Charles find the original owner of the Chatterton portrait?
5. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
6. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
7. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
8. What do Harriet and Sarah discuss at Sarah's house?
9. Describe Flint's work.
10. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)