|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) Erza Pound.
(b) T.S. Elliot.
(c) Len Woolf.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
2. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is smelling the carpet.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is sick.
3. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(b) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(c) She had writer's block.
(d) She needed money.
4. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A photograph of Chatterton.
(b) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(c) A brochure about Chatterton.
(d) A biography of Chatterton.
5. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
(a) Spit not on me.
(b) Let me tell you a secret.
(c) Eat my cat, but don't look so angry.
(d) Love thy neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
2. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
3. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
4. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
5. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
2. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
3. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
4. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
5. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
6. What is the problem with Charles' portrait?
7. Why does Charles go to the antique store?
8. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
9. What is special about St. Mary Redcliffe Church?
10. Describe Flint's work.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)