|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
2. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(a) Wiliam Shakespeare.
(b) Robert Bruce.
(d) William Blake.
3. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) A bad marriage.
(d) Child birth.
4. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child.
(b) A DVD.
(c) A child's shoe.
(d) A child's glove.
5. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
2. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
3. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
4. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
5. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles not take money for the books?
2. What does Harriet fear?
3. Describe Pat.
4. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
5. Why does Pat give away the painting?
6. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
7. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
8. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
9. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
10. Why does Mary refuse to write Harriet's memoirs?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)