|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
2. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Old and neglected books.
(c) Antique books.
(d) Foreign books.
3. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A White Russian.
(b) A bourbon.
(c) A gin.
(d) A whiskey.
4. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A book of his poetry.
(c) One of his wife's cakes.
(d) A photograph of his family.
5. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
2. What do the stone stairs smell like?
3. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
4. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
5. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chatterton excited about his life at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
3. How does Sadlier know the Seymour paintings are fake?
4. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
5. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
6. What does Chatterton's friend suggest as a cure for Chatterton's STD?
7. How does Chatterton spend his night?
8. What does Harriet fear?
9. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
10. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)