|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Britain do Philip, Edward and Vivien drive to?
2. What is Charles reading at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Chatterton and the Meaning of Life.
(b) Poets We Love to Hate.
(c) Forgeries and Fakes.
(d) Life of Chatterton.
3. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
(a) You never loved him.
(b) Leave at once.
(c) You both came.
(d) Nice to see you.
4. What does Chatterton's friend say the opium allays?
(a) Shaking and sneezing.
(b) Sourness and pain.
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Fear and hate.
5. What does Chatterton's friend say the arsenic removes?
6. What make of car does Philip own?
(a) A Vauxhall.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Toyota.
(d) An Austin.
7. What can Charles see gleaming from his hospital window?
(a) The cars.
(c) The rooftops.
(d) The grass.
8. What does Harriet say everyone needs?
(a) Good visuals.
(c) A story.
9. What color is the car that Edward and Vivian step out of?
10. What does Harriet say interests her about the film?
(a) The plot.
(b) The charaterization.
(c) The visuals.
(d) The sex.
11. Who helped Charles when he collapsed in the restaurant?
12. What does Charles tell Philip they ought to arrange?
(a) A book signing.
(b) A dance.
(c) A reading.
(d) A dinner.
13. What is lying on Edward's bed?
(a) Chatterton's biography.
(b) The television.
(c) The radio.
(d) Chatterton's portrait.
14. What does Mr. Crome tell Chatterton is worse for the boy than being on the streets?
(b) A cemetary.
(c) Living with Chatterton.
(d) Foster parents.
15. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charles' knuckles brush against?
2. Where does Charles hold his dinner?
3. Where does Edward say the ghost will not be able to find them?
4. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
5. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)