|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does the priest quote?
2. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
3. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) An antique sealer.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A flower seller.
4. Who does Chatterton see walk into the building just as it is about to be demolished?
(a) A child.
(b) His mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
(a) The seaside.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The countryside.
6. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
7. What did Chatterton lose a few nights before?
(a) His watch.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His notebook.
(d) His virginity.
8. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
(a) His film script.
(b) His bare face.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His life story.
9. What does Chatterton have to take a dessert spoon of?
10. What is the name of the journal whose offices Chatterton enters in this chapter?
(a) The Bride and Groom.
(b) Poet's Quarter.
(c) Chruch Bells.
(d) The Town and Country.
11. What is Souchong?
(a) A style of writing.
(b) A style of painting.
(c) A type of poem.
(d) A type of tea.
12. What is Harriet kissing as she cries?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A crucifix.
13. What did Vivien place under her husband's head?
(a) Her jumper.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her hand.
14. Why is Vivien not at the art gallery?
(a) She is at lunch.
(b) It is her day off.
(c) She is at the doctors.
(d) She is on leave.
15. Which part of Britain do Philip, Edward and Vivien drive to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of uniform is the man wearing in the film?
2. What is lying on Edward's bed?
3. Who does Cumberland call to look at Harriet's painting?
4. Which of the following dishes does Charles not order?
5. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)