|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
(a) Perished to dust is he.
(b) Only found a life without a key.
(c) That song with me.
(d) Rings of dust don't see.
2. What does Chatterton have to take a dessert spoon of?
3. What is the name of the journal whose offices Chatterton enters in this chapter?
(a) The Bride and Groom.
(b) Chruch Bells.
(c) The Town and Country.
(d) Poet's Quarter.
4. What poet does the priest quote?
5. What are the curtains drawn to protect?
(a) A book.
(b) A baby.
(c) A painting.
(d) A dog.
6. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
(a) Kubla Kahn.
(b) Karma Karma.
(d) Taj Mahal.
7. What can Charles see gleaming from his hospital window?
(a) The grass.
(c) The rooftops.
(d) The cars.
8. What does Chatterton pass on the way to his publisher's office?
(a) A cinema.
(b) A department store.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A construction site.
9. What is Marikomo?
(a) A type of poem.
(b) Astyle of writing.
(c) A style of painting.
(d) A type of tea.
10. What is Souchong?
(a) A style of writing.
(b) A style of painting.
(c) A type of poem.
(d) A type of tea.
11. What has Harriet brought with her to eat in the cinema?
(a) Pork scratchings.
(d) French fries.
12. Which of the following does the author compare the pine needles to?
(a) Cat whiskers.
(b) Clumps of hair.
(c) Fairy knives.
(d) Drawing pins.
13. What does Chatterton describe the child's shirt as?
14. What make of car does Philip own?
(a) A Vauxhall.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Ford.
(d) An Austin.
15. What does Harriet say everyone needs?
(a) A story.
(b) Good visuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Edward brought for his father?
2. What color is the car that Edward and Vivian step out of?
3. What is Harriet kissing as she cries?
4. What are the doll's limbs held together with?
5. Where is Charles' funeral held?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)