|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chatterton describe the child's shirt as?
2. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
3. How does Harriet say she likes her Indian food?
(a) Hot and strong.
(b) Mild and creamy.
(c) Cold and bland.
(d) Hot and steaming.
4. Which of the following does the author compare the pine needles to?
(a) Fairy knives.
(b) Clumps of hair.
(c) Cat whiskers.
(d) Drawing pins.
5. Which part of Britain do Philip, Edward and Vivien drive to?
6. What are the curtains drawn to protect?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
7. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
(a) His bare face.
(b) His life story.
(c) His film script.
(d) His poetry.
8. What make of car does Philip own?
(a) An Austin.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Vauxhall.
9. Where does Vivian take shelter from the rain?
(a) A cinema entrance.
(b) A pub.
(c) A theater entrance.
(d) A bus shelter.
10. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
(a) Perished to dust is he.
(b) Rings of dust don't see.
(c) That song with me.
(d) Only found a life without a key.
11. What is Harriet kissing as she cries?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A ring.
(d) A pearl necklace.
12. Where does Charles hold his dinner?
(a) A Turkish restaurant.
(b) An Indian restaurant.
(c) A Lebanese restaurant.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
13. What is Charles reading at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Poets We Love to Hate.
(b) Life of Chatterton.
(c) Chatterton and the Meaning of Life.
(d) Forgeries and Fakes.
14. Who is standing at the foot of Charles' bed?
15. Who does Chatterton see walk into the building just as it is about to be demolished?
(a) A child.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philip not trust?
2. Who does the group drink to?
3. What is Marikomo?
4. What has Edward brought for his father?
5. What does Chatterton's friend say the opium allays?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)