|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) An antique sealer.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A barmaid.
(d) A flower seller.
2. Why is Vivien not at the art gallery?
(a) She is at lunch.
(b) She is on leave.
(c) It is her day off.
(d) She is at the doctors.
3. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
4. Where does Vivian take shelter from the rain?
(a) A theater entrance.
(b) A bus shelter.
(c) A cinema entrance.
(d) A pub.
5. What name does Harriet want to call Phillip?
6. Who painted the picture of Chatterton's dead body?
(a) Lawrence Fort.
(b) James Goring.
(c) Francis Bacon.
(d) Henry Wallis.
7. What does Harriet tell the man she likes to do before she goes to bed?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Do the crossword.
(c) Have a cry.
(d) Read a book.
8. What does Chatterton see lying among the debris?
(a) A doll.
(b) A dog.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A child.
9. Why does Meredith say she talks so little about her poetry?
(a) She likes to forget it.
(b) She cannot remember her poems.
(c) She talks so much about everything else.
(d) She prefers to just write it.
10. Who helped Charles when he collapsed in the restaurant?
11. Who does Cumberland call to look at Harriet's painting?
12. What does Harriet say everyone needs?
(a) Good visuals.
(c) A story.
13. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
(a) Smooth and creamy.
(b) Lovely and bitter.
(c) Nutty and delicate.
(d) Sweet and crunchy.
14. Where does Charles take Edward?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The Cumberland Gallery,
(c) The Goring Gallery.
(d) The Tate Gallery.
15. What does Harriet take a cutting of?
(a) A geranium.
(b) A fox glove.
(c) A rose.
(d) A daffodil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does the priest quote?
2. What does Edward say the rain is like?
3. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
4. What color is the car that Edward and Vivian step out of?
5. What is Marikomo?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)