|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chatterton's friend say the arsenic removes?
2. What make of car does Philip own?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) An Austin.
(c) A Vauxhall.
(d) A Ford.
3. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
(a) Nutty and delicate.
(b) Lovely and bitter.
(c) Smooth and creamy.
(d) Sweet and crunchy.
4. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A flower seller.
(d) An antique sealer.
5. What has Edward brought for his father?
(c) His papers.
(d) A book.
6. What does Edward say his mother needs lipstick for?
(a) To sell.
(b) To draw on the mirror.
(c) To give to Harriet.
(d) To beautify herself.
7. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
8. What does the child make a sound like?
(a) An animal who has lost its young.
(b) A dying mouse.
(c) A blood thirsty wolf.
(d) A cat who has just been attacked.
9. What is the title of the book Flint is reading in the hospital?
(a) The Last Man.
(b) Confessions of an English Opium Eater.
(c) Picture of Dorian Gray.
10. Who is standing at the foot of Charles' bed?
11. What are the curtains drawn to protect?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
12. What does Chatterton think he has caught?
(b) A cold.
(c) A STD.
(d) The measles.
13. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
(a) That song with me.
(b) Rings of dust don't see.
(c) Perished to dust is he.
(d) Only found a life without a key.
14. Where does Charles hold his dinner?
(a) A Lebanese restaurant.
(b) An Indian restaurant.
(c) A Turkish restaurant.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
15. What kind of wood is Charles' coffin made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Britain do Philip, Edward and Vivien drive to?
2. What does Mr. Crome tell Chatterton is worse for the boy than being on the streets?
3. Who does Cumberland call to look at Harriet's painting?
4. What does Charles tell Edward he could injure?
5. Who painted the picture of Chatterton's dead body?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)