|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Souchong?
(a) A style of painting.
(b) A style of writing.
(c) A type of tea.
(d) A type of poem.
2. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) An antique sealer.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A flower seller.
(d) A waiter.
3. What does Harriet say Sarah needs in her life?
(a) A servant.
(b) A teddy boy.
(c) A rich man.
(d) A toyboy.
4. Who does Philip not trust?
(c) The priest.
5. What does Harriet bring to the art gallery?
(a) A book.
(c) A painting.
(d) A letter.
6. What does Flint think about Charles' death?
(a) It is a pratical joke.
(b) It is one of those things.
(c) It is a chance to move in on Vivian.
(d) It is romantic.
7. What poet does the priest quote?
8. Who does Cumberland call to look at Harriet's painting?
9. What does Harriet say everyone needs?
(c) Good visuals.
(d) A story.
10. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
(a) Smooth and creamy.
(b) Nutty and delicate.
(c) Sweet and crunchy.
(d) Lovely and bitter.
11. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
(a) Find another job.
(b) Burn all books.
(c) Buy a bookshop.
(d) Kill herself.
12. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
(b) The seaside.
(c) The cinema.
(d) The countryside.
13. What does Charles tell Philip they ought to arrange?
(a) A dinner.
(b) A reading.
(c) A book signing.
(d) A dance.
14. What does Chatterton have to take a dessert spoon of?
15. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
(a) You never loved him.
(b) You both came.
(c) Nice to see you.
(d) Leave at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
2. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
3. What does Chatterton describe the boy's breeches as?
4. How does Harriet say she likes her Indian food?
5. Where does Edward say the ghost will not be able to find them?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)