|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flint react when Vivien tells him and Harriet they were Charles' true friends?
(a) He smirks.
(b) He hangs his head.
(c) He blushes.
(d) He laughs.
2. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) An antique sealer.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A flower seller.
(d) A waiter.
3. Who helped Charles when he collapsed in the restaurant?
4. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
(a) Kubla Kahn.
(b) Karma Karma.
(c) Taj Mahal.
5. What does Harriet take a cutting of?
(a) A geranium.
(b) A rose.
(c) A fox glove.
(d) A daffodil.
6. What does Chatterton see lying among the debris?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A doll.
(d) A child.
7. What does Chatterton think he has caught?
(a) A cold.
(c) The measles.
(d) A STD.
8. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
(a) That song with me.
(b) Rings of dust don't see.
(c) Perished to dust is he.
(d) Only found a life without a key.
9. What does Harriet call the things on her side table?
(a) Her knick knacks.
(b) Her trinklets.
(c) Her patsies.
(d) Her life.
10. What has Harriet brought with her to eat in the cinema?
(b) French fries.
(d) Pork scratchings.
11. What does Chatterton's friend say the opium allays?
(a) Shaking and sneezing.
(b) Love and happiness.
(c) Sourness and pain.
(d) Fear and hate.
12. What does the child make a sound like?
(a) A dying mouse.
(b) An animal who has lost its young.
(c) A cat who has just been attacked.
(d) A blood thirsty wolf.
13. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
(b) The seaside.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The cinema.
14. What does Chatterton describe the child's shirt as?
15. What can Charles see gleaming from his hospital window?
(a) The cars.
(b) The grass.
(c) The rooftops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles tell Philip they ought to arrange?
2. What does Chatterton's friend say the arsenic removes?
3. What does Harriet say interests her about the film?
4. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
5. Where does Edward say the ghost will not be able to find them?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)