|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet call the things on her side table?
(a) Her knick knacks.
(b) Her patsies.
(c) Her trinklets.
(d) Her life.
2. What kind of wood is Charles' coffin made from?
3. What did Chatterton lose a few nights before?
(a) His notebook.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His virginity.
(d) His watch.
4. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
(a) Rings of dust don't see.
(b) That song with me.
(c) Perished to dust is he.
(d) Only found a life without a key.
5. Where does Charles hold his dinner?
(a) A Turkish restaurant.
(b) An Indian restaurant.
(c) A Lebanese restaurant.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
6. Why is Vivien not at the art gallery?
(a) She is at the doctors.
(b) She is at lunch.
(c) It is her day off.
(d) She is on leave.
7. What is Charles reading at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Chatterton and the Meaning of Life.
(b) Life of Chatterton.
(c) Poets We Love to Hate.
(d) Forgeries and Fakes.
8. What does Cumberland say about Harriet's painting?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It is unique.
(c) It is a fake.
(d) It an original.
9. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
(a) Leave at once.
(b) You both came.
(c) You never loved him.
(d) Nice to see you.
10. What does the child make a sound like?
(a) An animal who has lost its young.
(b) A cat who has just been attacked.
(c) A dying mouse.
(d) A blood thirsty wolf.
11. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
12. Who is standing at the foot of Charles' bed?
13. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
(a) His life story.
(b) His poetry.
(c) His bare face.
(d) His film script.
14. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
(a) Nutty and delicate.
(b) Sweet and crunchy.
(c) Lovely and bitter.
(d) Smooth and creamy.
15. What has Harriet brought with her to eat in the cinema?
(b) Pork scratchings.
(d) French fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet take a cutting of?
2. What has Edward brought for his father?
3. Where does Charles take Edward?
4. What do the doctors think may have happened to Charles?
5. What is Harriet kissing as she cries?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)