|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Burn all books.
(c) Buy a bookshop.
(d) Find another job.
2. Where does Vivian take shelter from the rain?
(a) A theater entrance.
(b) A pub.
(c) A cinema entrance.
(d) A bus shelter.
3. What is Marikomo?
(a) A style of painting.
(b) Astyle of writing.
(c) A type of tea.
(d) A type of poem.
4. What is lying on Edward's bed?
(a) Chatterton's portrait.
(b) Chatterton's biography.
(c) The radio.
(d) The television.
5. What does Harriet bring to the art gallery?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
6. What does Chatterton describe the boy's breeches as?
(b) Prison clothing.
7. What make of car does Philip own?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Ford.
(c) An Austin.
(d) A Vauxhall.
8. What poet does the priest quote?
9. What does Edward say the rain is like?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A forcefield.
(c) A can of worms.
(d) A ghost.
10. What does Flint think about Charles' death?
(a) It is romantic.
(b) It is a chance to move in on Vivian.
(c) It is a pratical joke.
(d) It is one of those things.
11. What name does Harriet want to call Phillip?
12. What does Chatterton have to take four grains of?
13. What does Harriet say Sarah needs in her life?
(a) A rich man.
(b) A toyboy.
(c) A servant.
(d) A teddy boy.
14. Which of the following does the author compare the pine needles to?
(a) Clumps of hair.
(b) Fairy knives.
(c) Cat whiskers.
(d) Drawing pins.
15. Where is Charles' funeral held?
(a) Hyde Park Crematorium.
(b) Wandsworth Common Crematorium.
(c) Wimbledon Crematorium.
(d) Finsbury Park Crematorium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles hold his dinner?
2. Who helped Charles when he collapsed in the restaurant?
3. What are the curtains drawn to protect?
4. What has Edward brought for his father?
5. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)