|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
2. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) The Opium Dream.
(c) The Godot.
(d) Look to Sea.
3. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
4. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) You are only as old as you feel.
(b) Come and taste it.
(c) Win the lottery.
(d) Wake up and smell the oak.
5. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A scar.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A wart.
(d) A mole.
6. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) File Street.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Pile Street.
(d) Elm Street.
7. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
(a) A cat.
(b) A human.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
8. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(a) American history.
(b) English literature.
9. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Rub his feet.
(b) Massage his neck.
(c) Stroke his hair.
(d) Scratch his back.
10. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
11. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
(a) A Dame-school.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A boys school.
(d) A grammar school.
12. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
13. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Bleak House.
(d) Oliver Twist.
14. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(b) A credit card.
(c) A mobile phone.
(d) A knife.
15. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(b) She had writer's block.
(c) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(d) She needed money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
2. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
3. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
4. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
5. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)