|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A DVD.
(b) A child's shoe.
(c) A child's glove.
(d) A child.
2. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Sadlier.
(c) Mr. Chirac.
(d) Mr. Davies.
3. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Blake.
(c) William Wordsworth.
4. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
(a) A relationship problem.
(b) A female problem.
(c) A financial problem.
(d) An old age problem.
5. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Listen to music.
(c) Plays football.
(d) Watches TV.
6. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
(a) James Manlow.
(b) Joseph Seymour.
(c) Simon Chambers.
(d) Edward Formby.
7. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is smelling the carpet.
(d) He is dead.
8. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(a) The snooker club.
(b) His childhood.
9. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) The Godot.
(c) The Opium Dream.
(d) Look to Sea.
10. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
11. What university did Mary study at?
12. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A knife.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A mobile phone.
13. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He is sucking off the sugar.
(b) It comforts him.
(c) He has cut his finger.
(d) He does not want to talk.
14. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
15. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) Tax deductions.
(b) The price of corn.
(d) The price of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
2. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
3. What does Claire's mother want money for?
4. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
5. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)