|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes colder.
(b) It becomes thinner.
(c) It becomes warmer.
(d) It becomes thicker.
2. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Kill her self.
(b) Piss on the books.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Pay for a young man.
3. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A forger.
(b) A modernist.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A post modernist.
4. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) It comforts him.
(b) He does not want to talk.
(c) He is sucking off the sugar.
(d) He has cut his finger.
5. What did Chatterton sell to London magazines?
(a) Short stories.
6. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) The Opium Dream.
(c) The Godot.
(d) Look to Sea.
7. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Scratch his back.
(c) Rub his feet.
(d) Massage his neck.
8. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A White Russian.
(c) A gin.
(d) A bourbon.
9. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
(a) The top floor.
(b) The shed.
(c) The loft.
(d) The basement.
10. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
11. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A book of his poetry.
(b) A photograph of his family.
(c) One of his wife's cakes.
(d) A box of chocolates.
12. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A novel.
(b) A biography.
(c) A book of short stories.
(d) A history book.
13. What city did Chatterton move to in the hope of making a name for himself?
14. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(a) Moss riven.
15. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His wound.
(d) His mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man sell Philip?
2. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
3. Where does Vivien work?
4. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
5. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)