|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
2. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A birds nest.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bramble bush.
3. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
(a) Love thy neighbor.
(b) Eat my cat, but don't look so angry.
(c) Spit not on me.
(d) Let me tell you a secret.
4. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Philip Slack.
(c) John Chatterton.
(d) Harriet Scrope.
5. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Kill her self.
(b) Piss on the books.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Pay for a young man.
6. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A regal voice.
(b) A lack of style.
(c) A thoughtless word.
(d) A drowsy numbness.
7. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(b) Moss riven.
8. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
(b) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
(c) St. Raul Norbury Church.
(d) St. John Canterbury Church.
9. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Godot.
(b) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(c) Look to Sea.
(d) The Opium Dream.
10. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
11. Where does Philip work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The police station.
(c) The wool factory.
(d) The library.
12. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(c) Child birth.
(d) A bad marriage.
13. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
(a) At a night club.
(b) At a jazz concert.
(c) At a folk festival.
(d) At a poetry reading.
14. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
15. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flint call his flat?
2. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
3. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
4. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
5. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)