|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(b) His childhood.
(c) The snooker club.
2. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Scratch his back.
(c) Massage his neck.
(d) Rub his feet.
3. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A biography.
(b) A novel.
(c) A history book.
(d) A book of short stories.
4. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Bleak House.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Oliver Twist.
5. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
(a) A female problem.
(b) An old age problem.
(c) A relationship problem.
(d) A financial problem.
6. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Tottenham Court Road.
(b) South Kennsington.
(c) Leicester Square.
(d) Russell Square.
7. What does Claire's mother want money for?
(a) A party.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A new house.
8. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) It comforts him.
(b) He has cut his finger.
(c) He is sucking off the sugar.
(d) He does not want to talk.
9. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
(a) Eat my cat, but don't look so angry.
(b) Let me tell you a secret.
(c) Love thy neighbor.
(d) Spit not on me.
10. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
11. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Plays football.
(d) Listen to music.
12. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(b) The future.
(d) The past.
13. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
14. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A fur hat.
(c) A felt hat.
(d) A velvet hat.
15. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) The Godot.
(c) The Opium Dream.
(d) Look to Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
2. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
3. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
4. Where does Philip work?
5. What is Flint's occupation?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)