|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(b) William Blake.
(c) Robert Bruce.
(d) Wiliam Shakespeare.
2. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A book critic.
(b) An art critic.
(c) A film critic.
(d) A theater critic.
3. Why does Sadlier think the Seymour's are fakes?
(a) They don't have Seymour's initials.
(b) Seymour never sold any of his paintings.
(c) Seymour did not paint in that style.
(d) Seymour would have been too ill to paint them.
4. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A biography of Chatterton.
(b) A brochure about Chatterton.
(c) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(d) A photograph of Chatterton.
5. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
6. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
(a) Simon Chambers.
(b) Joseph Seymour.
(c) Edward Formby.
(d) James Manlow.
7. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Plays football.
(d) Listen to music.
8. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A bramble bush.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A birds nest.
(d) A feather bed.
9. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
10. What did Chatterton sell to London magazines?
(b) Short stories.
11. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) Philip Slack.
(b) William Blake.
(c) Harriet Scrope.
(d) John Chatterton.
12. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Tottenham Court Road.
(b) Leicester Square.
(c) Russell Square.
(d) South Kennsington.
13. What does Claire's mother want money for?
(b) A party.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A new house.
14. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A scar.
(b) A mole.
(c) A wart.
(d) A scratch.
15. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Scratch his back.
(b) Stroke his hair.
(c) Massage his neck.
(d) Rub his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
2. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
3. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
4. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
5. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)