|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) David Lee.
(b) Frederick Tombs.
(c) Stewart Merk.
(d) Lawrence Welk.
2. What does Claire's mother want money for?
(a) A new house.
(b) An abortion.
(c) A party.
3. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A gin.
(b) A bourbon.
(c) A White Russian.
(d) A whiskey.
4. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(a) English literature.
(d) American history.
5. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(b) Plays football.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Listen to music.
6. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She needed money.
(b) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(c) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(d) She had writer's block.
7. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A history book.
(b) A novel.
(c) A biography.
(d) A book of short stories.
8. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
9. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
(a) A casserole.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) An English breakfast.
10. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Redcliffe Street.
(b) Blighter Street.
(c) Lopside Street.
(d) Hotcliffe Street.
11. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Foreign books.
(c) Old and neglected books.
(d) Antique books.
12. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A biography of Chatterton.
(b) A brochure about Chatterton.
(c) A photograph of Chatterton.
(d) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
13. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Opium Dream.
(b) Look to Sea.
(c) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(d) The Godot.
14. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A forger.
(b) A modernist.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A post modernist.
15. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
(a) Joseph Seymour.
(b) James Manlow.
(c) Simon Chambers.
(d) Edward Formby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
2. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
3. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
4. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
5. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)