|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
(a) At a poetry reading.
(b) At a jazz concert.
(c) At a folk festival.
(d) At a night club.
2. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
(a) A relationship problem.
(b) A financial problem.
(c) An old age problem.
(d) A female problem.
3. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A scar.
(b) A wart.
(c) A scratch.
(d) A mole.
4. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(d) William Blake.
5. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Kill her self.
(b) Pay for a young man.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Piss on the books.
6. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
7. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(b) She had writer's block.
(c) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(d) She needed money.
8. Where does Vivien work?
(a) A library.
(b) A book shop.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) An art gallery.
9. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Kelvin Janus.
(b) David Howells.
(c) Frederick Pohl.
(d) Thomas Rowley.
10. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
11. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(a) English literature.
(d) American history.
12. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(a) Moss riven.
13. What university did Mary study at?
14. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) Erza Pound.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) T.S. Elliot.
(d) Len Woolf.
15. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A lack of style.
(b) A thoughtless word.
(c) A regal voice.
(d) A drowsy numbness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
2. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
3. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
4. What street was Colston's second school located on?
5. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)