|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
2. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(c) His childhood.
(d) The snooker club.
3. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Massage his neck.
(b) Stroke his hair.
(c) Scratch his back.
(d) Rub his feet.
4. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A fur hat.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A velvet hat.
(d) A top hat.
5. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
(a) At a poetry reading.
(b) At a jazz concert.
(c) At a night club.
(d) At a folk festival.
6. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A foreman.
(d) A surveyor.
7. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(b) Body odor.
8. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
(a) Edward Formby.
(b) Joseph Seymour.
(c) Simon Chambers.
(d) James Manlow.
9. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A thoughtless word.
(b) A lack of style.
(c) A regal voice.
(d) A drowsy numbness.
10. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Leicester Square.
(b) Russell Square.
(c) South Kennsington.
(d) Tottenham Court Road.
11. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Listen to music.
(d) Plays football.
12. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
13. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) Child birth.
(c) A bad marriage.
14. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) Look to Sea.
(b) The Godot.
(c) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(d) The Opium Dream.
15. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A theater critic.
(b) A film critic.
(c) A book critic.
(d) An art critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
2. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
3. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
4. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
5. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)