|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A foreman.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A surveyor.
2. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
3. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His mouth.
(b) His wound.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His eyes.
4. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(b) At ease.
(d) Hot around the collar.
5. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
6. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A modernist.
(b) A forger.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A post modernist.
7. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) Tax deductions.
(b) The price of corn.
(c) The price of coffee.
8. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A regal voice.
(b) A thoughtless word.
(c) A drowsy numbness.
(d) A lack of style.
9. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A black forest.
(b) A birds nest.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bramble bush.
10. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
11. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
12. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Listen to music.
(c) Plays football.
(d) Watches TV.
13. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Lovely grub.
(b) Lovely jubbly.
(c) What a spead.
(d) Scran attack.
14. What is Flint's occupation?
(a) A filmmaker.
(b) A writer.
(c) An antique dealer.
(d) A painter.
15. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A mobile phone.
(b) A knife.
(c) A credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
2. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
3. What university did Mary study at?
4. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
5. What does Flint call his flat?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)