|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Rub his feet.
(c) Scratch his back.
(d) Massage his neck.
2. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A god.
(b) A brute.
(c) An angel.
(d) A devil.
3. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
4. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
5. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A DVD.
(b) A child.
(c) A child's shoe.
(d) A child's glove.
6. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His wound.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
7. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A knife.
(c) A mobile phone.
(d) A credit card.
8. Where does Vivien work?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A book shop.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A library.
9. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Piss on the books.
(b) Kill her self.
(c) Pay for a young man.
(d) Get drunk.
10. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes warmer.
(c) It becomes thinner.
(d) It becomes colder.
11. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. John Canterbury Church.
(b) St. Raul Norbury Church.
(c) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
(d) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
12. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(a) The past.
(d) The future.
13. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) One of his wife's cakes.
(b) A photograph of his family.
(c) A book of his poetry.
(d) A box of chocolates.
14. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A brochure about Chatterton.
(b) A biography of Chatterton.
(c) A photograph of Chatterton.
(d) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
15. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Foreign books.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Antique books.
(d) Old and neglected books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
2. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
3. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
4. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
5. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)