|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A knife.
(b) A credit card.
(d) A mobile phone.
2. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) T.S. Elliot.
(b) Erza Pound.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Len Woolf.
3. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Plays football.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Listen to music.
4. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
5. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His wound.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
6. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
7. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes warmer.
(c) It becomes thinner.
(d) It becomes colder.
8. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(a) A bad marriage.
(d) Child birth.
9. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
10. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(b) Tax deductions.
(c) The price of coffee.
(d) The price of corn.
11. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) An angel.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) A brute.
12. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A velvet hat.
(d) A fur hat.
13. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She needed money.
(b) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(c) She had writer's block.
(d) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
14. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
15. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Kill her self.
(c) Pay for a young man.
(d) Piss on the books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
2. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
3. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
4. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
5. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)