|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) A novel.
(c) A history book.
(d) A biography.
2. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(c) Sunday school teacher.
(d) Singing master.
3. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) Come and taste it.
(b) You are only as old as you feel.
(c) Wake up and smell the oak.
(d) Win the lottery.
4. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Old and neglected books.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Antique books.
(d) Foreign books.
5. Why does Sadlier think the Seymour's are fakes?
(a) Seymour would have been too ill to paint them.
(b) Seymour never sold any of his paintings.
(c) They don't have Seymour's initials.
(d) Seymour did not paint in that style.
6. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She was under pressure to produce a book.
(b) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(c) She had writer's block.
(d) She needed money.
7. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A surveyor.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A foreman.
8. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(a) John the Baptist.
9. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) T.S. Elliot.
(c) Len Woolf.
(d) Erza Pound.
10. Where does Philip work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The library.
(c) The wool factory.
(d) The police station.
11. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(b) Body odor.
12. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A post modernist.
(b) A modernist.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A forger.
13. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Frederick Pohl.
(b) Kelvin Janus.
(c) David Howells.
(d) Thomas Rowley.
14. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
15. Which of the following is the surname of one of the gallery owners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
2. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
3. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
4. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
5. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)