|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Lopside Street.
(b) Hotcliffe Street.
(c) Blighter Street.
(d) Redcliffe Street.
2. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(b) A credit card.
(c) A mobile phone.
(d) A knife.
3. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child.
(b) A DVD.
(c) A child's glove.
(d) A child's shoe.
4. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
5. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
6. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He has cut his finger.
(b) It comforts him.
(c) He is sucking off the sugar.
(d) He does not want to talk.
7. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A gin.
(b) A bourbon.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A White Russian.
8. Where does Philip work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The library.
(c) The police station.
(d) The wool factory.
9. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His wound.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
10. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
(a) An old age problem.
(b) A relationship problem.
(c) A financial problem.
(d) A female problem.
11. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) David Lee.
(b) Frederick Tombs.
(c) Stewart Merk.
(d) Lawrence Welk.
12. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) A bad marriage.
(d) Child birth.
13. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
(a) At a night club.
(b) At a jazz concert.
(c) At a poetry reading.
(d) At a folk festival.
14. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(c) Singing master.
(d) Sunday school teacher.
15. What university did Mary study at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
2. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
3. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
4. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
5. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)