|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A brochure about Chatterton.
(b) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(c) A photograph of Chatterton.
(d) A biography of Chatterton.
2. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A novel.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) A biography.
(d) A history book.
3. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
4. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(b) She had writer's block.
(c) She needed money.
(d) She was under pressure to produce a book.
5. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Old and neglected books.
(c) Foreign books.
(d) Antique books.
6. What does Flint call his flat?
(a) His Akropolis.
(b) His dulce domum.
(c) His kaufhaus.
(d) His Bohemian palace.
7. Which of the following is the surname of one of the gallery owners?
8. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) William Blake.
(b) John Chatterton.
(c) Philip Slack.
(d) Harriet Scrope.
9. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) William Blake.
(d) William Wordsworth.
10. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A bourbon.
(b) A White Russian.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A gin.
11. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Hotcliffe Street.
(b) Blighter Street.
(c) Redcliffe Street.
(d) Lopside Street.
12. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(b) Sunday school teacher.
(c) Singing master.
13. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) Lawrence Welk.
(b) Stewart Merk.
(c) David Lee.
(d) Frederick Tombs.
14. Where does Vivien work?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A book shop.
(c) A library.
(d) A supermarket.
15. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(b) The Godot.
(c) Look to Sea.
(d) The Opium Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
2. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
3. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
4. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
5. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)