|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) T.S. Elliot.
(b) Len Woolf.
(c) Erza Pound.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
2. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(a) Moss riven.
3. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A birds nest.
(c) A bramble bush.
(d) A black forest.
4. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
5. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) South Kennsington.
(b) Russell Square.
(c) Tottenham Court Road.
(d) Leicester Square.
6. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A book of his poetry.
(c) A photograph of his family.
(d) One of his wife's cakes.
7. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
8. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child's glove.
(b) A child.
(c) A child's shoe.
(d) A DVD.
9. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Thomas Rowley.
(b) David Howells.
(c) Kelvin Janus.
(d) Frederick Pohl.
10. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Hotcliffe Street.
(b) Lopside Street.
(c) Redcliffe Street.
(d) Blighter Street.
11. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
(a) Fake his suicide.
(b) Sell his book collection.
(c) Open a bookshop.
(d) Start a magazine.
12. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Godot.
(b) Look to Sea.
(c) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(d) The Opium Dream.
13. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Blake.
14. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(d) American history.
15. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
(a) Joseph Seymour.
(b) Simon Chambers.
(c) James Manlow.
(d) Edward Formby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
2. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
3. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
4. What does Claire's mother want money for?
5. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)