|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flint call his flat?
(a) His dulce domum.
(b) His Bohemian palace.
(c) His kaufhaus.
(d) His Akropolis.
2. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) Philip Slack.
(b) William Blake.
(c) John Chatterton.
(d) Harriet Scrope.
3. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A velvet hat.
(b) A felt hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A fur hat.
4. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Opium Dream.
(b) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(c) Look to Sea.
(d) The Godot.
5. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A surveyor.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A foreman.
(d) A cleaner.
6. Where does Philip work?
(a) The wool factory.
(b) The library.
(c) The post office.
(d) The police station.
7. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(a) American history.
(c) English literature.
8. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Chirac.
(c) Mr. Davies.
(d) Mr. Sadlier.
9. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A post modernist.
(b) A forger.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A modernist.
10. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(a) Moss riven.
11. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(a) Singing master.
(b) Sunday school teacher.
12. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(b) A biography of Chatterton.
(c) A brochure about Chatterton.
(d) A photograph of Chatterton.
13. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
14. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes warmer.
(b) It becomes colder.
(c) It becomes thicker.
(d) It becomes thinner.
15. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Leicester Square.
(b) Tottenham Court Road.
(c) South Kennsington.
(d) Russell Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet tell that Vivien is secretive?
2. Which of the following is the surname of one of the gallery owners?
3. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
4. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
5. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)