|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
(a) She needed money.
(b) She had writer's block.
(c) Using someone's plot is not plagarism.
(d) She was under pressure to produce a book.
2. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(a) His childhood.
(c) The snooker club.
3. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Plays football.
4. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes warmer.
(c) It becomes thinner.
(d) It becomes colder.
5. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A mobile phone.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A knife.
6. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
7. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
(a) The shed.
(b) The basement.
(c) The loft.
(d) The top floor.
8. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
9. Where does Philip work?
(a) The wool factory.
(b) The library.
(c) The post office.
(d) The police station.
10. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(c) Singing master.
(d) Sunday school teacher.
11. What kind of problem does Harriet tell Charles she has?
(a) A relationship problem.
(b) An old age problem.
(c) A financial problem.
(d) A female problem.
12. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His mouth.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His wound.
13. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
14. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Blighter Street.
(b) Lopside Street.
(c) Redcliffe Street.
(d) Hotcliffe Street.
15. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) An English breakfast.
(c) A casserole.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
2. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
3. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)