|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A cleaner.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A surveyor.
(d) A foreman.
2. What city did Chatterton move to in the hope of making a name for himself?
3. Which of the following is the surname of one of the gallery owners?
4. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
(b) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
(c) St. John Canterbury Church.
(d) St. Raul Norbury Church.
5. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
(a) Lawrence Welk.
(b) Stewart Merk.
(c) Frederick Tombs.
(d) David Lee.
6. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) Baker Street.
(b) File Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Pile Street.
7. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Tottenham Court Road.
(b) Leicester Square.
(c) South Kennsington.
(d) Russell Square.
8. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A scratch.
(b) A wart.
(c) A mole.
(d) A scar.
9. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(b) The price of coffee.
(c) The price of corn.
(d) Tax deductions.
10. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
11. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He does not want to talk.
(b) He is sucking off the sugar.
(c) He has cut his finger.
(d) It comforts him.
12. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
(a) A casserole.
(b) An English breakfast.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) A sandwich.
13. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
14. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(b) His childhood.
(d) The snooker club.
15. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) Harriet Scrope.
(b) John Chatterton.
(c) William Blake.
(d) Philip Slack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
2. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
3. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)