|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Philip work?
(a) The wool factory.
(b) The library.
(c) The post office.
(d) The police station.
2. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) You are only as old as you feel.
(b) Come and taste it.
(c) Win the lottery.
(d) Wake up and smell the oak.
3. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes warmer.
(b) It becomes colder.
(c) It becomes thinner.
(d) It becomes thicker.
4. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
5. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He is sucking off the sugar.
(b) It comforts him.
(c) He has cut his finger.
(d) He does not want to talk.
6. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
(a) A casserole.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) An English breakfast.
7. Why does Sadlier think the Seymour's are fakes?
(a) Seymour did not paint in that style.
(b) Seymour never sold any of his paintings.
(c) Seymour would have been too ill to paint them.
(d) They don't have Seymour's initials.
8. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
9. What does Claire's mother want money for?
(a) A party.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A new house.
10. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A book critic.
(b) A theater critic.
(c) An art critic.
(d) A film critic.
11. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A thoughtless word.
(b) A regal voice.
(c) A drowsy numbness.
(d) A lack of style.
12. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) Elm Street.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) File Street.
(d) Pile Street.
13. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A foreman.
(c) A surveyor.
(d) A cleaner.
14. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
(a) Spit not on me.
(b) Love thy neighbor.
(c) Let me tell you a secret.
(d) Eat my cat, but don't look so angry.
15. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A whiskey.
(b) A White Russian.
(c) A gin.
(d) A bourbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
2. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
3. What was the name of Seymour's assistant?
4. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
5. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)