Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Lovely grub.
(b) Lovely jubbly.
(c) Scran attack.
(d) What a spead.
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child's shoe.
(b) A child's glove.
(c) A DVD.
(d) A child.
3. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) William Blake.
4. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(b) Body odor.
5. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
6. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
7. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Chirac.
(c) Mr. Davies.
(d) Mr. Sadlier.
8. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(a) The past.
(c) The future.
9. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(b) Hot around the collar.
(c) At ease.
10. What university did Mary study at?
11. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A surveyor.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A foreman.
12. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
(a) Kelvin Janus.
(b) Thomas Rowley.
(c) Frederick Pohl.
(d) David Howells.
13. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
(a) A forger.
(b) A modernist.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A post modernist.
14. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Foreign books.
(c) Antique books.
(d) Old and neglected books.
15. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) Tax deductions.
(c) The price of corn.
(d) The price of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
2. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
3. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
4. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
5. What does Claire's mother want money for?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)