|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A mobile phone.
(b) A knife.
(d) A credit card.
2. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A brochure about Chatterton.
(b) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
(c) A biography of Chatterton.
(d) A photograph of Chatterton.
3. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Opium Dream.
(b) The Godot.
(c) Look to Sea.
(d) The Dungheaped Hothead.
4. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Massage his neck.
(c) Scratch his back.
(d) Rub his feet.
5. What is Flint's occupation?
(a) A writer.
(b) An antique dealer.
(c) A painter.
(d) A filmmaker.
6. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A velvet hat.
(b) A fur hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A felt hat.
7. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Blighter Street.
(b) Hotcliffe Street.
(c) Lopside Street.
(d) Redcliffe Street.
8. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
9. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(b) Hot around the collar.
(d) At ease.
10. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) File Street.
(b) Pile Street.
(c) Baker Street.
(d) Elm Street.
11. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. John Canterbury Church.
(b) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
(c) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
(d) St. Raul Norbury Church.
12. Where did Andrew and Charles meet?
(a) At a night club.
(b) At a jazz concert.
(c) At a folk festival.
(d) At a poetry reading.
13. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
14. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(b) John the Baptist.
15. Where does Charles know Andrew Flint from?
(a) His childhood.
(c) The snooker club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
2. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
3. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
4. What city did Chatterton move to in the hope of making a name for himself?
5. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)