|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Massage his neck.
(b) Rub his feet.
(c) Stroke his hair.
(d) Scratch his back.
2. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
3. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A photograph of his family.
(b) A book of his poetry.
(c) One of his wife's cakes.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
5. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(c) Moss riven.
6. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A biography.
(b) A novel.
(c) A history book.
(d) A book of short stories.
7. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
8. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Kill her self.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Piss on the books.
(d) Pay for a young man.
9. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A black forest.
(b) A feather bed.
(c) A bramble bush.
(d) A birds nest.
10. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
(a) The basement.
(b) The top floor.
(c) The loft.
(d) The shed.
11. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) T.S. Elliot.
(b) Erza Pound.
(c) Len Woolf.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
12. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A theater critic.
(b) An art critic.
(c) A book critic.
(d) A film critic.
13. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
(b) Tommy Large.
(c) Tom-horse face
(d) Tom-two face.
14. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A regal voice.
(b) A lack of style.
(c) A drowsy numbness.
(d) A thoughtless word.
15. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes warmer.
(c) It becomes colder.
(d) It becomes thinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the stone stairs smell like?
2. Which of the following sentences does Harriet say to her reflection?
3. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
4. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
5. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)