|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A book critic.
(b) A theater critic.
(c) A film critic.
(d) An art critic.
2. What did Chatterton sell to London magazines?
(d) Short stories.
3. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(a) At ease.
(b) Hot around the collar.
4. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A scratch.
(b) A mole.
(c) A wart.
(d) A scar.
5. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
(a) A biography.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) A history book.
(d) A novel.
6. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A fur hat.
(c) A felt hat.
(d) A velvet hat.
7. What blood line does Cumberland tell Vivien she has in her?
8. What is the name of the book Charles eats on the train?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Bleak House.
9. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) Pile Street.
(b) Elm Street.
(c) File Street.
(d) Baker Street.
10. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A birds nest.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bramble bush.
11. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Wiliam Shakespeare.
(c) Robert Bruce.
12. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) American history.
(d) English literature.
13. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
14. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) T.S. Elliot.
(b) Erza Pound.
(c) Len Woolf.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
15. What does the old man sell Philip?
(a) A biography of Chatterton.
(b) A photograph of Chatterton.
(c) A brochure about Chatterton.
(d) A book of Chatterton's poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hariett use the plots from Bentley's books?
2. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
3. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
4. What does Flint call his flat?
5. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)