|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A bramble bush.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A birds nest.
(d) A feather bed.
2. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
(a) A grammar school.
(b) A Dame-school.
(c) A boys school.
(d) A boarding school.
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A surveyor.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A foreman.
4. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
5. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
(a) Lovely jubbly.
(b) What a spead.
(c) Scran attack.
(d) Lovely grub.
6. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) An art critic.
(b) A book critic.
(c) A theater critic.
(d) A film critic.
7. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He has cut his finger.
(b) He does not want to talk.
(c) He is sucking off the sugar.
(d) It comforts him.
8. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
9. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
10. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
11. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Sadlier.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Davies.
(d) Mr. Chirac.
12. What is the name of the Fitz Dangerfield painting Sarah is admiring?
(a) The Godot.
(b) The Dungheaped Hothead.
(c) The Opium Dream.
(d) Look to Sea.
13. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(a) John the Baptist.
14. What street was Colston's second school located on?
(a) Lopside Street.
(b) Redcliffe Street.
(c) Hotcliffe Street.
(d) Blighter Street.
15. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A devil.
(b) A god.
(c) An angel.
(d) A brute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
2. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
3. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
4. Who is the plaque that Philip finds dedicated to?
5. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)