|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
2. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
3. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is smelling the carpet.
4. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A boys school.
(c) A grammar school.
(d) A Dame-school.
5. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
(a) A child.
(b) A DVD.
(c) A child's shoe.
(d) A child's glove.
6. What kind of critic is Sarah Tilt?
(a) A film critic.
(b) A theater critic.
(c) An art critic.
(d) A book critic.
7. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(a) Child birth.
(d) A bad marriage.
8. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) The price of corn.
(b) Tax deductions.
(c) The price of coffee.
9. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His wound.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His eyes.
10. Which poet's work has Chatterton seemed to have claimed as his own?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) William Wordsworth.
11. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
12. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A human.
(d) A dog.
13. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
(a) St. Mary Redcliffe Church.
(b) St. John Canterbury Church.
(c) St. Raul Norbury Church.
(d) St. Thomas Leighton Church.
14. What did Chatterton sell to London magazines?
(d) Short stories.
15. What does Claire's mother want money for?
(a) A party.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did Mary study at?
2. What was the name of Chatterton's invented monk?
3. Where does Vivien work?
4. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
5. Which poet does Harriet think Charles quotes?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)