|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Philip work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The wool factory.
(c) The post office.
(d) The library.
2. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A book of his poetry.
(b) One of his wife's cakes.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A photograph of his family.
3. Which poet helped Harriet publish her first two books?
(a) T.S. Elliot.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Len Woolf.
(d) Erza Pound.
4. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
(a) Tom-horse face
(b) Tom-two face.
(d) Tommy Large.
5. What is the name of Seymour's old dealer?
(a) Mr. Davies.
(b) Mr. Sadlier.
(c) Mr. Chirac.
(d) Mr. Smith.
6. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) Baker Street.
(b) File Street.
(c) Pile Street.
(d) Elm Street.
7. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
8. What is Chatterton's father's job at St. Mary Redcliffe church?
(b) Sunday school teacher.
(c) Singing master.
9. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He does not want to talk.
(b) He has cut his finger.
(c) He is sucking off the sugar.
(d) It comforts him.
10. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Plays football.
(d) Listen to music.
11. Where does Vivien work?
(a) A book shop.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A library.
12. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A birds nest.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bramble bush.
13. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
14. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(d) American history.
15. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mobile phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
2. What kind of book is Flint currently working on?
3. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
4. What does Joynson suggest Chatterton does in an effort to make them both rich?
5. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)