|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A brute.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) An angel.
2. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
3. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(b) Hot around the collar.
(d) At ease.
4. What does Cumberland have on his cheek?
(a) A wart.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A scar.
(d) A mole.
5. What kind of music does Harriet turn the radio to?
6. What part of London does Andrew Flint live in?
(a) Leicester Square.
(b) South Kennsington.
(c) Tottenham Court Road.
(d) Russell Square.
7. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) Child birth.
(c) A bad marriage.
8. What does Vivien say is the only thing Edward ever does?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Listen to music.
(d) Plays football.
9. Who does Philip realize has written similar stories to Harrison Bentley?
(a) Philip Slack.
(b) William Blake.
(c) John Chatterton.
(d) Harriet Scrope.
10. What does Sadlier call the Seymour paintings in Cumberland's gallery?
11. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
(a) Elm Street.
(b) File Street.
(c) Baker Street.
(d) Pile Street.
12. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(d) American history.
13. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Pay for a young man.
(b) Kill her self.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Piss on the books.
14. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
15. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
2. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
4. Where does Vivien work?
5. Who painted the pictures that Cumblerland shows Vivien?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)