|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Chatterton taught to calculate at his school?
(a) The price of corn.
(c) The price of coffee.
(d) Tax deductions.
2. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) An angel.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) A brute.
3. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
4. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Massage his neck.
(c) Rub his feet.
(d) Scratch his back.
5. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) English literature.
(c) American history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man sell Philip?
2. Which of the following foods is Harriet preparing for herself?
3. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
4. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
5. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)