|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Charles buy the flute book?
2. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) Win the lottery.
(b) Come and taste it.
(c) Wake up and smell the oak.
(d) You are only as old as you feel.
3. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(a) English literature.
(d) American history.
4. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A lack of style.
(b) A drowsy numbness.
(c) A regal voice.
(d) A thoughtless word.
5. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He has cut his finger.
(b) It comforts him.
(c) He does not want to talk.
(d) He is sucking off the sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the church Chatterton's father worked for?
2. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
3. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
4. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
5. What university did Mary study at?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)