|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Piss on the books.
(b) Pay for a young man.
(c) Kill her self.
(d) Get drunk.
2. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) You are only as old as you feel.
(b) Win the lottery.
(c) Come and taste it.
(d) Wake up and smell the oak.
3. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(b) Moss riven.
4. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) American history.
(d) English literature.
5. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) A bad marriage.
(c) Child birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
2. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
3. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
4. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
5. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)