|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(b) Body odor.
2. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(d) John the Baptist.
3. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
(a) A cat.
(b) A human.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
4. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) American history.
(c) English literature.
5. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) A god.
(b) An angel.
(c) A brute.
(d) A devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
2. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
3. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
4. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
5. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)