|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(b) Hot around the collar.
(c) At ease.
2. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
(a) A dog.
(b) A human.
(c) A cat.
(d) A monkey.
3. Who does Harriet ask to write her memoirs?
4. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His wound.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His mouth.
5. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
(a) Win the lottery.
(b) Wake up and smell the oak.
(c) Come and taste it.
(d) You are only as old as you feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
2. What is Harriet's parrot holding in its beak?
3. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)