|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(a) At ease.
(d) Hot around the collar.
2. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(c) Child birth.
(d) A bad marriage.
3. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
(a) A birds nest.
(b) A black forest.
(c) A bramble bush.
(d) A feather bed.
4. What does Charles give Harriet for a present?
(a) A book of his poetry.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A photograph of his family.
(d) One of his wife's cakes.
5. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
(b) The past.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
2. What kind of animal is Mr. Gaskell?
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
4. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
5. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)