|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(c) Child birth.
(d) A bad marriage.
2. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
(a) Mr. Fox.
(b) Mr. Ripper.
(c) Mr. Punch.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
3. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
(a) A cleaner.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A surveyor.
(d) A foreman.
4. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thinner.
(b) It becomes colder.
(c) It becomes thicker.
(d) It becomes warmer.
5. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
(a) An angel.
(b) A god.
(c) A devil.
(d) A brute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
2. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
3. How does Mrs. Leno describe Charles' haircut?
4. What does Harriet say she cannot write about?
5. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)