|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
(a) Hot around the collar.
(c) At ease.
2. What university did Mary study at?
3. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes warmer.
(c) It becomes colder.
(d) It becomes thinner.
4. What does Harriet tell her cat Mother would like to do?
(a) Piss on the books.
(b) Pay for a young man.
(c) Kill her self.
(d) Get drunk.
5. What does Charles have to confirm to the old gentleman that he does not have?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A mobile phone.
(c) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
2. Which of the following phrases does Harriet use to describe her food?
3. What musical instrument is Charles' book about?
4. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
5. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)