|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
(a) A regal voice.
(b) A thoughtless word.
(c) A drowsy numbness.
(d) A lack of style.
2. Who does Harriet say she thought Charles was?
(a) Mr. Ripper.
(b) Mr. Fox.
(c) Mr. Punch.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
3. What religious figure does Harriet compare herself to?
(b) John the Baptist.
4. What does Edward say when Chatterton's portrait falls off the wall?
(a) He is smelling the carpet.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is sick.
5. What word does the author use to describe Harriet's wicker chair?
(c) Moss riven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
2. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
3. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
4. What kind of hat does Harriet wear?
5. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)