|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcoholic drink does Harriet make for herself?
(a) A bourbon.
(b) A White Russian.
(c) A whiskey.
(d) A gin.
2. What kind of books does the library keep in the basement?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Foreign books.
(c) Antique books.
(d) Old and neglected books.
3. What does Pat ask Charles to do for him?
(a) Stroke his hair.
(b) Scratch his back.
(c) Rub his feet.
(d) Massage his neck.
4. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It becomes thinner.
(c) It becomes warmer.
(d) It becomes colder.
5. What kind of school does Chatterton say he was put into?
(a) A boys school.
(b) A grammar school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Dame-school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Harriet's novel?
2. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
3. Which part of the library does Philip search for old books?
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)