|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charles sucking his thumb on the train?
(a) He does not want to talk.
(b) He is sucking off the sugar.
(c) It comforts him.
(d) He has cut his finger.
2. What does Harriet tell the man she likes to do before she goes to bed?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Have a cry.
(d) Do the crossword.
3. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A flower seller.
(c) An antique sealer.
(d) A waiter.
4. What name is Thomas Chatterton also known as?
(b) Tom-horse face
(c) Tom-two face.
(d) Tommy Large.
5. What city do Philip and Charles travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philip not trust?
2. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
3. What does Edward say his mother needs lipstick for?
4. How does Flint react when Vivien tells him and Harriet they were Charles' true friends?
5. What does the old man sell Philip?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)