Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What does the girl tell Tom gapes open?
(a) His wound.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His shoes.
2. What does Meredith say he is capable of enduring?
(b) Child birth.
(d) A bad marriage.
3. What does Harriet say she has given her life to?
(b) American history.
(c) English literature.
4. What can Charles Wychwood hear as he watches leaves fall to the ground?
5. What is the name of the gardens that Charles enters?
6. What happens to the air when Charles walks through the arch into the gardens?
(a) It becomes warmer.
(b) It becomes thicker.
(c) It becomes colder.
(d) It becomes thinner.
7. What does Leno Antiques ask their customers not to do?
8. What do the stone stairs smell like?
(a) Body odor.
9. What does Mr. Leno ask Mrs. Leno to come and be?
This section contains 3,271 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)