Part 1, Chapter 1
• Charles Wychwood visits an antiques store called Leno's to sell books to raise money for his family.
• Charles is talking to the store owner when he sees a painting in the corner of the shop. He is so taken with the painting he decides to swap it for his book.
• When Charles arrives home his son, Edward, is waiting outside. Charles shows Edward the painting, but he is not impressed. Edward tells his father the painting is a fake.
• Charles' wife, Vivien, arrives home. She is also not impressed with the painting. Her only concern is how much it cost.
• Charles' old friend Philip comes over for dinner. Charles shows Philip his painting and Philip recognizes it as a portrait of the poet, Thomas Chatterton. Philip says the only problem with the painting is that Chatterton died as a young man and the man in...
This section contains 1,676 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)