|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Moll discovered attempting to flee from her family?
2. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the servant who decides to help Lady Kix?
4. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
5. Who breaks the news to Allwit that Sir Walter plans to wed Moll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Maudlin and Yellowhammer were extremely meddlesome and controlling parents. Explain why Yellowhammer and his wife felt the need to control their children's lives, and what affect their meddlesome behavior eventually had on the lives of their children.
Essay Topic 2
When Tim arrives home, he acts very pompously with his education. Describe the conversation that Tim gets into with his tutor about logic, and his mother's reaction to this conversation. Explain how Tim is forced to eat his words at the end of this play, and what his reaction to this turn of events is.
Essay Topic 3
Allwit and Sir Walter have an unusual business arrangement between them. Briefly explain what Sir Walter's duties are to Allwit, and what Allwit offers Sir Walter in compensation. Explain why Allwit feels the need to hire Sir Walter for such an unusual job, and what he gets out of the arrangement.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)