|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
2. Who carries Moll to her bedroom after she hears the news about Touchwood Junior?
3. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
4. Where does Moll claim to have contracted the disease that is plaguing her?
5. In what language does Tim conduct his argument about fools?
Essay Topic 1
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 2
Touchwood Senior concocts a ridiculous plan to impregnate Lady Kix that relies almost solely on Sir Oliver's gullibility. Describe Touchwood Senior's plan and Sir Oliver's reaction to the plan. Explain Sir Oliver's reaction when he finds out the truth behind his duping.
Essay Topic 3
All the characters in this play have prescribed to a rigorous social hierarchy that affects the entire nation. Briefly describe the social hierarchy of the time, and create a list of characters from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top. Explain what methods characters use throughout the play to move their way up the social hierarchy. Are any of these methods successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)