|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Tim's fiance speak?
2. Which of the following is NOT something for which Sir Oliver is willing to pay Touchwood Senior?
3. What news does the first servant bring, interrupting the dictation of Sir Walter's will?
4. Who arrives with Touchwood Senior at Sir Oliver's home?
5. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Touchwood Senior concocts a ridiculous plan to impregnate Lady Kix that relies almost solely on Sir Oliver's gullibility. Describe Touchwood Senior's plan and Sir Oliver's reaction to the plan. Explain Sir Oliver's reaction when he finds out the truth behind his duping.
Essay Topic 2
Another struggle that is present in the play is Lady Kix's struggle to get pregnant. Explain why it is so important for Lady Kix to get pregnant, and then explain what lengths she decides to go through in order to assure she will have a child. What is the outcome of her struggle? Is her plan a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)