|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim believe he can argue about wenches?
2. Who does Allwit speak to about Sir Walter's mistress while in disguise?
3. Who catches Moll as she is trying to escape?
4. Who arrives with the news that Touchwood Junior is dead?
5. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this novel have children that they do not have relationships with. Create a list of men who have created children outside of marriage, and what their relationship to their children is. Explain how these characters, and their relationships with their children characterize the entire setting of the play for the audience.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)