|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
2. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
3. Who does Tim decide to invite to the party?
4. With what weapon is Sir Walter challenged to a duel?
5. Who does Allwit speak to about Sir Walter's mistress while in disguise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)