|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Sir Walter to a duel after Moll is discovered?
2. Who arrives with the Puritans to the post-christening party?
3. What does Tim believe he can argue about wenches?
4. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
5. Which of the following words does Tim use to describe the women at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, the biggest struggle seemed to be happening between Touchwood Junior and Moll. Describe the relationship between the pair, and explain why they were forbidden to be together. Then, briefly describe each of the three attempts the couple made to be together.
Essay Topic 3
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)