|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of milk is actually contained in the vial?
2. Why does Touchwood Senior say riding after drinking is important to the patient?
3. What does Tim believe he can argue about wenches?
4. In what language does Tim conduct his argument about fools?
5. For how long does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must go riding after drinking the vial?
Essay Topic 1
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 2
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this novel have children that they do not have relationships with. Create a list of men who have created children outside of marriage, and what their relationship to their children is. Explain how these characters, and their relationships with their children characterize the entire setting of the play for the audience.
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)