|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
2. In what language does Tim conduct his argument about fools?
3. How many funerals will be held for Moll and Touchwood Junior?
4. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
5. To whom does Sir Oliver want to announce the news of Lady Kix's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)