|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something for which Sir Oliver is willing to pay Touchwood Senior?
2. Where does Moll claim to have contracted the disease that is plaguing her?
3. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
4. To whom does Sir Oliver want to announce the news of Lady Kix's pregnancy?
5. What does Tim say to patronize his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Tim arrives home, he acts very pompously with his education. Describe the conversation that Tim gets into with his tutor about logic, and his mother's reaction to this conversation. Explain how Tim is forced to eat his words at the end of this play, and what his reaction to this turn of events is.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)