|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yellowhammer react to the truth about Moll's funeral?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll's condition when she is found after being dragged from the river?
3. How many funerals will be held for Moll and Touchwood Junior?
4. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
5. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
The practice of arranged marriage is extremely popular at the setting of this play. Explain what two arranged marriages were addressed in this play, what the reaction to the arranged marriage was, and what the outcome of each of the arranged marriages turned out to be.
Essay Topic 3
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)