|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tim decide to invite to the party?
2. What type of spoons does Mistress Allwit receive as a gift at the party?
3. What mode of transportation has been arranged to whisk Moll away from her family?
4. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
5. Who does Moll run away with when her mother runs out to find her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, the biggest struggle seemed to be happening between Touchwood Junior and Moll. Describe the relationship between the pair, and explain why they were forbidden to be together. Then, briefly describe each of the three attempts the couple made to be together.
Essay Topic 3
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)