|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Tim use to describe the women at the party?
2. How does Sir Walter react to the news that he will be married so quickly?
3. Which servant in the Oliver home has decided to help Lady Kix with her plan for pregnancy?
4. Who arrives with the Puritans to the post-christening party?
5. What is discovered to be the truth about Moll's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
Essay Topic 2
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)