|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which servant in the Oliver home has decided to help Lady Kix with her plan for pregnancy?
2. Who does Sir Walter hide from after the first servant's news?
3. How do Sir Oliver and Lady Kix treat one another when Touchwood Senior arrives?
4. Who carries Moll to her bedroom after she hears the news about Touchwood Junior?
5. What news does the first servant bring, interrupting the dictation of Sir Walter's will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, the biggest struggle seemed to be happening between Touchwood Junior and Moll. Describe the relationship between the pair, and explain why they were forbidden to be together. Then, briefly describe each of the three attempts the couple made to be together.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the play is very influential to the title. Briefly describe the setting of Cheapside, and then explain how this setting sets the tone for the entire plot of the play. In your opinion, would this story have been as effective if it were set anywhere else? Why or why not?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)