|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
2. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
3. What do Moll's parents presume she is going to do after being carried into her room?
4. What animal does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must ride after drinking the vial?
5. To whom does Sir Oliver want to announce the news of Lady Kix's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 2
All the characters in this play have prescribed to a rigorous social hierarchy that affects the entire nation. Briefly describe the social hierarchy of the time, and create a list of characters from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top. Explain what methods characters use throughout the play to move their way up the social hierarchy. Are any of these methods successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Both Maudlin and Yellowhammer were extremely meddlesome and controlling parents. Explain why Yellowhammer and his wife felt the need to control their children's lives, and what affect their meddlesome behavior eventually had on the lives of their children.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)