|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll may die?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Moll and Touchwood Junior after their deaths?
3. What does the second servant announce, interrupting Allwit's rampage against Sir Walter?
4. Who does Allwit speak to about Sir Walter's mistress while in disguise?
5. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allwit and Sir Walter have an unusual business arrangement between them. Briefly explain what Sir Walter's duties are to Allwit, and what Allwit offers Sir Walter in compensation. Explain why Allwit feels the need to hire Sir Walter for such an unusual job, and what he gets out of the arrangement.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the play is very influential to the title. Briefly describe the setting of Cheapside, and then explain how this setting sets the tone for the entire plot of the play. In your opinion, would this story have been as effective if it were set anywhere else? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Touchwood Senior concocts a ridiculous plan to impregnate Lady Kix that relies almost solely on Sir Oliver's gullibility. Describe Touchwood Senior's plan and Sir Oliver's reaction to the plan. Explain Sir Oliver's reaction when he finds out the truth behind his duping.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)