|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Maudlin's relatives arrives unexpectedly to the party?
2. What mode of transportation has been arranged to whisk Moll away from her family?
3. How much of his money does Sir Walter leave to Mistress Allwit?
4. What type of spoons does Mistress Allwit receive as a gift at the party?
5. What animal does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must ride after drinking the vial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this novel have children that they do not have relationships with. Create a list of men who have created children outside of marriage, and what their relationship to their children is. Explain how these characters, and their relationships with their children characterize the entire setting of the play for the audience.
Essay Topic 2
At the opening of the play, the audience is introduced to Yellowhammer and his wife, Maudlin. Briefly describe the lifestyle that the Yellowhammer family is living in at the opening of the play. Explain how Yellowhammer fought for the duration of the play to rise up the social ladder.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)