|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
2. Who does Allwit speak to about Sir Walter's mistress while in disguise?
3. Why does Touchwood Senior say riding after drinking is important to the patient?
4. What type of spoons does Mistress Allwit receive as a gift at the party?
5. How much does Sir Oliver pay Touchwood Senior for the vial of milk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Touchwood Senior concocts a ridiculous plan to impregnate Lady Kix that relies almost solely on Sir Oliver's gullibility. Describe Touchwood Senior's plan and Sir Oliver's reaction to the plan. Explain Sir Oliver's reaction when he finds out the truth behind his duping.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, a wench appears at Touchwood Senior's office to confront him. Explain why the wench felt the need to confront this man, and what the outcome of the conflict was. Then, explain how this conflict characterized Touchwood Senior for the audience.
Essay Topic 3
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)