|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose home does Sir Walter run when he flees the duel?
2. For how long does Touchwood Senior tell Sir Oliver he must go riding after drinking the vial?
3. What language does Tim's fiance speak?
4. Who does Tim decide to invite to the party?
5. Who does Moll run away with when her mother runs out to find her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
Essay Topic 2
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
Essay Topic 3
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)