|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tim treated by the women of the party when he arrives?
2. What becomes the Yellowhammers' main priority after Moll becomes ill?
3. Who carries Moll to her bedroom after she hears the news about Touchwood Junior?
4. Who does Sir Walter ask to write down his will?
5. Which of the following words does Tim use to describe the women at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although they are in the play for only one scene, the Promoters do a great deal to help set the tone of the play. Briefly describe the physicality and purpose of the promoters, and then explain how their presence altered the tone of the play. What effect does their presence have on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
All the characters in this play have prescribed to a rigorous social hierarchy that affects the entire nation. Briefly describe the social hierarchy of the time, and create a list of characters from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top. Explain what methods characters use throughout the play to move their way up the social hierarchy. Are any of these methods successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Middleton does not pull any punches when it comes to his beliefs about the Puritans. Explain Middleton's reaction to the Puritan religion and how his emotions come out in the play.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)