|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tim decide to invite to the party?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the servant who decides to help Lady Kix?
3. How do the Puritan women treat the food at the party?
4. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
5. Why does Touchwood Senior decide to help Sir Oliver and his wife with their cause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
Essay Topic 2
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Maudlin confronts Moll at the riverbed proves to be a turning point in Moll's life. Explain the events of the riverside rendezvous, and how Moll used these events to alter the path of her life. Finally, explain how this riverside conflict changed the relationship between mother and daughter.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)