|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Allwit attempt to kick Sir Walter out of his house?
2. With whom does Tim argue about the nature of fools?
3. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
4. What does Moll claim will happen to her regardless of her parents' care?
5. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Welsh Gentlewoman plays an important role in Tim's life. Briefly describe the Welsh Gentlewoman and why she appears in Tim's life. Explain how she irrevocably changes Tim's life. Finally, explain how through her goal of changing Tim's life, her own life is changed in a way she is not expecting.
Essay Topic 2
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Although they are in the play for only one scene, the Promoters do a great deal to help set the tone of the play. Briefly describe the physicality and purpose of the promoters, and then explain how their presence altered the tone of the play. What effect does their presence have on the characters of the play?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)