|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose opinion of them seems to concern the Yellowhammers most?
2. Who does Moll run away with when her mother runs out to find her?
3. Who challenges Sir Walter to a duel after Moll is discovered?
4. Why does Maudlin sound the alarm, causing everyone to run from the house in a panic?
5. What shocking event takes place during Moll's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Maudlin and Yellowhammer were extremely meddlesome and controlling parents. Explain why Yellowhammer and his wife felt the need to control their children's lives, and what affect their meddlesome behavior eventually had on the lives of their children.
Essay Topic 2
When Sir Walter is first introduced to the audience, it is made clear that he is in deep debt to his family. Explain why Sir Walter has gone into such deep debt, and what he intends to do about resolving those debts. Explain why Sir Walter feels the need to keep his debts hidden to the other characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)