|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Allwit react to the Puritan women over dinner?
2. Who has Touchwood Junior arranged to visit while his father is with Sir Oliver?
3. Who pays for the post-christening party?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT attend Moll's funeral?
5. What language does Tim's fiance speak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Moll's riverside conflict with her mother, Touchwood Junior challenges Sir Walter to a duel. Explain Touchwood's motivations in challenging Sir Walter and the result of the duel. Who is the victor, and who is simply the victim. Explain how Touchwood Junior used the outcome of the duel to alter the path of his life with Moll.
Essay Topic 2
The story of "A Chaste Maid in Cheapside" is set during a particular religious event. Describe the religious event, and then explain how this event altered the events of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Allwit and Sir Walter have an unusual business arrangement between them. Briefly explain what Sir Walter's duties are to Allwit, and what Allwit offers Sir Walter in compensation. Explain why Allwit feels the need to hire Sir Walter for such an unusual job, and what he gets out of the arrangement.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)