|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
(a) To church.
(b) To school.
(c) To the cinema.
(d) To the hospital.
2. Where does Allwit's new baby sleep?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) At the wet nurse's home.
(c) In a nursery.
(d) In the bed with Mistress Allwit.
3. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
4. What are Lady Kix and Sir Oliver desperate for?
(a) A new maid.
(b) A baby.
(c) A party.
(d) A summer home.
5. In what building is the town party set to take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A government building.
(c) A school.
(d) An opera house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
2. How is Lady Kix related to Mistress Allwit?
3. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
4. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
5. What do Moll and Touchwood Junior intend to do at their secret meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Touchwood Senior is duping Sir Oliver?
2. How does Allwit react to the Puritans as they invade his home during the christening party?
3. What arrangements has Touchwood Junior made for his second attempt at escape with Moll?
4. Who has come along with Touchwood Junior and Moll for their secret meeting?
5. How does Middleton strive to portray the Puritan women in his play?
6. How does Allwit feel about the birth of his new baby?
7. How do those around him treat Allwit in response to his agreement with Sir Walter?
8. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
9. When Yellowhammer and Maudlin finally locate Moll, what physical state is she in?
10. What gifts does Mistress Allwit receive from Sir Walter in celebration of the birth of their daughter?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)