|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
2. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
(a) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very powerful.
(b) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very beautiful.
(c) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very wealthy.
(d) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very kind.
3. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She stands in complete silence.
(b) She begins to blush.
(c) She runs out of the room in fear.
(d) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
4. What does Allwit offer Moll and Touchwood Junior when he sees them at the town party?
(a) A toast.
(b) A key.
(c) A sack of coins.
(d) A feather pen.
5. How do the servants of the household treat Allwit?
(a) They treat him with respect.
(b) They mock him.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They ignore him completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
2. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
3. What does Sir Walter threaten to do if he finds out that Allwit has slept with his wife?
4. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
5. Where are the Promoters searching for villagers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
2. How do Yellowhammer and Maudlin react to the news that Moll is very ill?
3. What conversation are Moll and her mother having as the play opens?
4. How does Allwit feel about the birth of his new baby?
5. How does Allwit prepare for his daughter's christening?
6. What happens when Touchwood Junior enters the meeting between Moll and Sir Walter?
7. What roles will The Gossips play in the christening of Allwit's daughter?
8. Where do Touchwood Junior and Moll secretly meet, and why?
9. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
10. How does Middleton strive to portray the Puritan women in his play?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)