|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. How is Lady Kix related to Mistress Allwit?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are mother and daughter.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What are Moll's last words to Touchwood Junior before she is taken away?
(a) That she never loved him.
(b) That she will always love him.
(c) That she will see him again soon.
(d) That nothing can keep the two of them apart.
4. What does Sir Walter swear he will never call Touchwood Junior?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A friend.
(c) A mongrel.
(d) An enemy.
5. At whose home is the post-christening party held?
(b) Davy Duhana's.
(c) Sir Walter's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
2. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
3. How many women does Touchwood Senior claim to have impregnated within a three week period?
4. Why does Allwit ask the wet nurse to bring the new baby into his study?
5. Who arrives with Sir Walter to interrupt the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements has Touchwood Junior made for his second attempt at escape with Moll?
2. How does Middleton strive to portray the Puritan women in his play?
3. How does Allwit react to the Puritans as they invade his home during the christening party?
4. How does Allwit feel about the birth of his new baby?
5. Who are the Promoters and what is their job?
6. What happens on the steps of the church that creates a fight amongst the women?
7. How does Sir Oliver react to the news that Lady Kix is pregnant?
8. What ongoing arrangement does Sir Walter have with Allwit?
9. How much does Sir Oliver promise to pay Touchwood Senior, and for what events?
10. How do the Puritan women handle the situation of the townsfolk bickering at the church steps?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)