|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
(a) She quickly accepts this honor.
(b) She fights violently with other women.
(c) She quietly refuses to lead the party.
(d) She is confused by her nomination.
2. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
(a) Mr. Moneybags.
(b) Mr. Poorhouse.
(c) Mr. Coinhouse.
(d) Mr. Beggerland.
3. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
(a) To separate.
(b) To hire a new servant.
(c) To have another child.
(d) To buy a new house.
4. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(a) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
(d) Sir Walter.
5. Who bickers about social standing at the town party?
(a) The Gossips.
(b) Moll and Touchwood.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The entertainers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contraband food item are the Promoters searching for in the villagers' baskets?
2. Where do Moll and Touchwood Junior secretly meet?
3. For how many years has Sir Walter been having an affair with Mistress Allwit?
4. Why does Allwit ask the wet nurse to bring the new baby into his study?
5. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confessions does the Welsh gentlewoman make to Tim after the pair is married?
2. Why does Sir Walter decide to rewrite his will?
3. Who is nominated to lead the party into the church, and what is the reaction to this nomination?
4. Who attends the funeral of Moll and Touchwood Junior?
5. How does Allwit greet Moll and Touchwood Junior when they arrive at his daughter's christening?
6. What news does the first servant bring to the Allwit's home, and what is the reaction to this news?
7. How does Sir Oliver react to the news of Moll's death and impending funeral?
8. What happens when the Wench accosts Touchwood Senior with one of his illegitimate children?
9. What ongoing arrangement does Sir Walter have with Allwit?
10. How does Allwit feel about the birth of his new baby?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)