|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
(b) She runs out of the room in fear.
(c) She stands in complete silence.
(d) She begins to blush.
2. What do Moll and Touchwood Junior intend to do at their secret meeting?
(a) Run away.
(b) Exchange money.
(c) Get married.
(d) Plot against Sir Walter.
3. How many gold coins does Touchwood Senior pay the Wench to get her to leave him alone?
4. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
(a) Agreeing to stay after the party and help clean up.
(b) Marrying Sir Walter.
(c) Ensuring that Touchwood Junior joined the party.
(d) Becoming the godmother to his daughter.
5. Who bickers about social standing at the town party?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The entertainers.
(c) The Gossips.
(d) Moll and Touchwood.
6. What does Touchwood Junior ask Yellowhammer to make for him?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A wedding cake.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A new suit.
7. Which of the following emotions best describes Sir Walter's state when he first arrives at Allwit's home?
8. In whose sight do the interjectors claim all members of society are equal?
(b) The Queen's.
(c) The Lord's.
(d) The King's.
9. Who does Mistress Touchwood decide to live with after leaving her home?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her cousin.
10. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) A parson.
(b) A notary.
(c) A judge.
(d) A police officer.
11. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the stableboy.
(b) He is the valet.
(c) He is the coachman.
(d) He is the footman.
12. What does Sir Walter threaten to do if he finds out that Allwit has slept with his wife?
(a) Have Allwit arrested.
(b) Drown Allwit's children.
(c) Kill Allwit.
(d) Marry someone else.
13. In what building is the town party set to take place?
(a) A school.
(b) A government building.
(c) An opera house.
(d) A church.
14. Which of the following names does Allwit call Wat, his "son?"
15. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
(a) Of his chastity.
(b) Of his illnesses.
(c) Of his poverty.
(d) Of his religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sex of Allwit's third child?
2. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
3. How does Yellowhammer react to the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
4. What nationality is Yellowhammer's future daughter-in-law?
5. How does Allwit respond to the news of Sir Walter's return?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)