|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contraband food item are the Promoters searching for in the villagers' baskets?
2. How does Yellowhammer react to the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is furious.
3. Who bickers about social standing at the town party?
(a) The Gossips.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) Moll and Touchwood.
(d) The entertainers.
4. Who is the current heir to Lady Kix's estate?
(a) Touchstone Junior.
(d) Sir Walter.
5. What are Lady Kix and Sir Oliver desperate for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A summer home.
(c) A new maid.
(d) A party.
6. Who tells Lady Kix about the services Touchstone Senior could pay her?
(a) A stable boy.
(b) A maid.
(c) A butler.
(d) A lady-in-waiting.
7. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is confused.
8. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
(a) She is confused by her nomination.
(b) She quietly refuses to lead the party.
(c) She fights violently with other women.
(d) She quickly accepts this honor.
9. What does Sir Walter give to Mistress Allwit at the party?
(a) A gold platter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A goblet.
(d) A pet monkey.
10. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
(a) Because Allwit does not love his wife.
(b) Because Sir Walter has threatened to kill him.
(c) Because Sir Walter pays all of his family's bills.
(d) Because Sir Walter would have him arrested for defamation.
11. What role do the group of townsfolk invited to the party play in the ceremony?
(a) Actings as assistants.
(b) Acting as servants.
(c) Acting as witnesses.
(d) Acting as entertainment.
12. What is Sir Walter's last name?
13. Who comes along as a witness to Moll and Touchwood Junior's secret meeting?
(a) The Wench.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
14. How does Allwit respond to the news of Sir Walter's return?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is happy.
15. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
(b) She stands in complete silence.
(c) She runs out of the room in fear.
(d) She begins to blush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
2. Which of the following emotions best describes Sir Walter's state when he first arrives at Allwit's home?
3. Who visits the Allwit's home to announce Sir Walter's arrival?
4. What does Allwit offer Moll and Touchwood Junior when he sees them at the town party?
5. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)