|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose suit will Allwit be wearing to the town party?
(a) Touchwood Junior's.
(b) Davy Dahana's.
(c) Sir Walter's.
2. What does Sir Walter claim Touchwood Junior has done to him?
(a) Confused him.
(b) Amused him.
(c) Shamed him.
(d) Wronged him.
3. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
(a) A key.
(b) A baby.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sack of coins.
4. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
(a) His good humor.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His good news.
(d) His good fortune.
5. What does Sir Walter threaten to do if he finds out that Allwit has slept with his wife?
(a) Kill Allwit.
(b) Marry someone else.
(c) Have Allwit arrested.
(d) Drown Allwit's children.
6. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
(a) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very powerful.
(b) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very kind.
(c) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very beautiful.
(d) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very wealthy.
7. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
(a) Mr. Moneybags.
(b) Mr. Coinhouse.
(c) Mr. Poorhouse.
(d) Mr. Beggerland.
8. Who arrives with Sir Walter to interrupt the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(b) Davy Dahana.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
9. What does Sir Walter swear he will never call Touchwood Junior?
(a) A friend.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A mongrel.
(d) An enemy.
10. What do Moll and Touchwood Junior intend to do at their secret meeting?
(a) Run away.
(b) Get married.
(c) Exchange money.
(d) Plot against Sir Walter.
11. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
(a) Of his chastity.
(b) Of his illnesses.
(c) Of his religion.
(d) Of his poverty.
12. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
(b) The Wench.
(c) Maudlin Yellowhammer.
(d) Miss Kix.
13. At whose home is the post-christening party held?
(a) Sir Walter's.
(b) Davy Duhana's.
14. Who arrives with Moll to the town party?
(a) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Sir Walter.
15. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
(a) Send her to boarding school.
(b) Apprentice her to a farm.
(c) Lock her in her room.
(d) Give her more freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Touchwood Junior tell Moll he has brought to the town party?
2. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
3. What type of party is Allwit getting dressed for after the scene with the Promoters?
4. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
5. What are Lady Kix and Sir Oliver desperate for?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)