|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She runs out of the room in fear.
(b) She stands in complete silence.
(c) She begins to blush.
(d) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
2. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is outraged.
3. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the valet.
(b) He is the stableboy.
(c) He is the coachman.
(d) He is the footman.
4. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
(a) To have another child.
(b) To buy a new house.
(c) To separate.
(d) To hire a new servant.
5. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
(a) His good fortune.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His good news.
(d) His good humor.
6. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
(a) When he comes to work for her father.
(b) As soon as she can.
(c) At the next town celebration.
7. What is the name of Moll's brother?
8. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. In what building is the town party set to take place?
(a) A church.
(b) An opera house.
(c) A government building.
(d) A school.
10. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(a) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Touchwood Senior.
11. Where are the Promoters searching for villagers?
(a) In a church.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In the market.
(d) In a school.
12. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
(a) Agreeing to stay after the party and help clean up.
(b) Marrying Sir Walter.
(c) Becoming the godmother to his daughter.
(d) Ensuring that Touchwood Junior joined the party.
13. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
(a) Because Allwit does not love his wife.
(b) Because Sir Walter pays all of his family's bills.
(c) Because Sir Walter would have him arrested for defamation.
(d) Because Sir Walter has threatened to kill him.
14. What food item has Mistress Allwit been craving since her pregnancy?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Peanut butter.
15. Who is the current heir to Lady Kix's estate?
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Touchstone Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
2. Who interjects the bickering with the argument that all are equal?
3. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
4. Where does the argument over social standing occur?
5. Who bickers about social standing at the town party?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)