|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sir Walter's relatives is set to marry Yellowhammer's son?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His niece.
2. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
3. How many women does Touchwood Senior claim to have impregnated within a three week period?
4. Where do Moll and Touchwood Junior secretly meet?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a theater.
(c) In a school.
(d) In the woods.
5. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
(a) He wants nothing to do with them.
(b) He secretly gives them money and gifts.
(c) He wishes he could raise them as his own.
(d) He does not know who they are.
6. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
(a) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very wealthy.
(b) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very kind.
(c) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very powerful.
(d) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very beautiful.
7. Who is the post-christening party meant to honor?
(a) Mistress Allwit.
(b) Sir Walter.
(c) Sir Allwit.
(d) The new baby.
8. What is Sir Walter's last name?
9. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
(a) Of his illnesses.
(b) Of his chastity.
(c) Of his poverty.
(d) Of his religion.
10. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the stableboy.
(b) He is the valet.
(c) He is the footman.
(d) He is the coachman.
11. What is the sex of Allwit's third child?
(a) They are twins--a boy and a girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) Allwit does not want to know the sex of his third child.
(d) A girl.
12. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is confused.
13. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
(a) The Wench.
(c) Maudlin Yellowhammer.
(d) Miss Kix.
14. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(a) Sir Walter.
(b) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
15. Which of the following is NOT a reason Touchwood Senior is having trouble in his marriage?
(a) The infidelity of his wife.
(b) The tight finances in the home.
(c) The illegitimate children he has fathered.
(d) His affection for other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suggested to enter the town party first?
2. Which of the following names does Allwit call Wat, his "son?"
3. Who is Moll's mother concerned with her daughter attracting?
4. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
5. How does Allwit respond to the news of Sir Walter's return?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)