|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Moll's last words to Touchwood Junior before she is taken away?
(a) That nothing can keep the two of them apart.
(b) That she will always love him.
(c) That she never loved him.
(d) That she will see him again soon.
2. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
(a) He does not know who they are.
(b) He wishes he could raise them as his own.
(c) He wants nothing to do with them.
(d) He secretly gives them money and gifts.
3. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
(a) Becoming the godmother to his daughter.
(b) Marrying Sir Walter.
(c) Ensuring that Touchwood Junior joined the party.
(d) Agreeing to stay after the party and help clean up.
4. Where do Moll and Touchwood Junior secretly meet?
(a) In a school.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a theater.
(d) In a church.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason Touchwood Senior is having trouble in his marriage?
(a) His affection for other women.
(b) The tight finances in the home.
(c) The infidelity of his wife.
(d) The illegitimate children he has fathered.
6. In what building is the town party set to take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A school.
(c) An opera house.
(d) A government building.
7. Whose suit will Allwit be wearing to the town party?
(a) Touchwood Junior's.
(c) Sir Walter's.
(d) Davy Dahana's.
8. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
9. Who interjects the bickering with the argument that all are equal?
(a) Moll and Touchwood.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The entertainers.
(d) The Gossips.
10. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
(a) The Wench.
(b) Maudlin Yellowhammer.
(c) Miss Kix.
11. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
(a) Mr. Poorhouse.
(b) Mr. Beggerland.
(c) Mr. Moneybags.
(d) Mr. Coinhouse.
12. What does Touchwood Junior tell Moll he has brought to the town party?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sack of coins.
(d) A ring.
13. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
(a) A baby.
(b) A gun.
(c) A key.
(d) A sack of coins.
14. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the cinema.
(c) To church.
(d) To school.
15. What does Sir Walter swear he will never call Touchwood Junior?
(a) A friend.
(b) A mongrel.
(c) A scholar.
(d) An enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
2. What is the name of Moll's brother?
3. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
4. In how many words does Touchwood Junior ask Moll to respond to him?
5. What nationality is Yellowhammer's future daughter-in-law?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)