|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
(a) Send her to boarding school.
(b) Lock her in her room.
(c) Apprentice her to a farm.
(d) Give her more freedom.
2. In how many words does Touchwood Junior ask Moll to respond to him?
(a) Three words.
(b) Ten words.
(c) One word.
(d) Five words.
3. What do Moll and Touchwood Junior intend to do at their secret meeting?
(a) Exchange money.
(b) Run away.
(c) Get married.
(d) Plot against Sir Walter.
4. What does Touchwood Senior offer to the Wench's cousin if she does not press charges against him?
(a) A stag.
(b) A new home.
(c) A purse full of money.
(d) A husband.
5. Who is the current heir to Lady Kix's estate?
(a) Touchstone Junior.
(c) Sir Walter.
6. Why are Yellowhammer and his wife excited about their son's impending marriage?
(a) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very wealthy.
(b) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very kind.
(c) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very powerful.
(d) Because their future daughter-in-law is said to be very beautiful.
7. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
(a) Ensuring that Touchwood Junior joined the party.
(b) Agreeing to stay after the party and help clean up.
(c) Becoming the godmother to his daughter.
(d) Marrying Sir Walter.
8. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(b) Sir Walter.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
(d) Touchwood Junior.
9. What role do the group of townsfolk invited to the party play in the ceremony?
(a) Acting as entertainment.
(b) Acting as witnesses.
(c) Actings as assistants.
(d) Acting as servants.
10. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She begins to blush.
(b) She stands in complete silence.
(c) She runs out of the room in fear.
(d) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
11. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the valet.
(b) He is the footman.
(c) He is the stableboy.
(d) He is the coachman.
12. How many sons has Sir Walter fathered with Mistress Allwit?
13. What does Yellowhammer do for a living?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a tanner.
(c) He is a butcher.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
14. How do the servants of the household treat Allwit?
(a) They treat him with respect.
(b) They ignore him completely.
(c) They are afraid of him.
(d) They mock him.
15. Who is Moll's mother concerned with her daughter attracting?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A duke.
(d) A knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
2. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
3. Who does Mistress Touchwood decide to live with after leaving her home?
4. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
5. Who tells Lady Kix about the services Touchstone Senior could pay her?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)