|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(a) Touchwood Junior.
(b) Touchwood Senior.
(c) Sir Walter.
2. What does Sir Walter claim Touchwood Junior has done to him?
(a) Wronged him.
(b) Shamed him.
(c) Confused him.
(d) Amused him.
3. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
(a) Maudlin Yellowhammer.
(c) The Wench.
(d) Miss Kix.
4. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
(a) Until the day she dies.
(b) Until she marries Touchwood Junior.
(c) Until she marries Sir Walter.
(d) Until she discovers her true love.
5. What is the sex of Allwit's third child?
(a) Allwit does not want to know the sex of his third child.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) They are twins--a boy and a girl.
6. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the coachman.
(b) He is the stableboy.
(c) He is the footman.
(d) He is the valet.
7. In whose sight do the interjectors claim all members of society are equal?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Lord's.
(c) The Queen's.
8. What does Yellowhammer do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is a tanner.
9. What are Moll's last words to Touchwood Junior before she is taken away?
(a) That nothing can keep the two of them apart.
(b) That she will always love him.
(c) That she never loved him.
(d) That she will see him again soon.
10. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
(a) To buy a new house.
(b) To separate.
(c) To have another child.
(d) To hire a new servant.
11. How many women does Touchwood Senior claim to have impregnated within a three week period?
12. What is the name of the group of people that stand up and speak during the town party?
(a) The Gossips.
(b) The Speakers.
(c) The Shouts.
(d) The Whisperers.
13. How is Lady Kix related to Mistress Allwit?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are mother and daughter.
14. What does Touchwood Junior ask Yellowhammer to make for him?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A wedding cake.
15. How do the servants of the household treat Allwit?
(a) They ignore him completely.
(b) They mock him.
(c) They treat him with respect.
(d) They are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emotions best describes Sir Walter's state when he first arrives at Allwit's home?
2. Who is the post-christening party meant to honor?
3. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
4. Who arrives with Moll to the town party?
5. Who is suggested to enter the town party first?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)