|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moll respond when Sir Walter attempts to speak with her?
(a) She stands in complete silence.
(b) She begins to giggle uncontrollably.
(c) She runs out of the room in fear.
(d) She begins to blush.
2. What is the name of the group of people that stand up and speak during the town party?
(a) The Whisperers.
(b) The Gossips.
(c) The Shouts.
(d) The Speakers.
3. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
(a) Ensuring that Touchwood Junior joined the party.
(b) Agreeing to stay after the party and help clean up.
(c) Becoming the godmother to his daughter.
(d) Marrying Sir Walter.
4. Where are the Promoters searching for villagers?
(a) In the market.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a school.
(d) In an alley.
5. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
(a) A sack of coins.
(b) A gun.
(c) A baby.
(d) A key.
6. Where do Moll and Touchwood Junior secretly meet?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a school.
(c) In a theater.
(d) In the woods.
7. To which famous Shakespearean couple does Middleton compare Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) Hamlet and his father.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Macbeth and his Lady.
(d) King Leer and Ophelia.
8. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
9. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) A parson.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A notary.
(d) A judge.
10. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
(a) To have another child.
(b) To buy a new house.
(c) To separate.
(d) To hire a new servant.
11. How does Allwit react to the birth of his third child?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
12. How does Yellowhammer react to the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is pleased.
13. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
(a) Until she marries Sir Walter.
(b) Until the day she dies.
(c) Until she discovers her true love.
(d) Until she marries Touchwood Junior.
14. What are Lady Kix and Sir Oliver desperate for?
(a) A summer home.
(b) A new maid.
(c) A party.
(d) A baby.
15. What is Davy Duhamma's position in Sir Walter's entourage?
(a) He is the coachman.
(b) He is the footman.
(c) He is the valet.
(d) He is the stableboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lady Kix about the services Touchstone Senior could pay her?
2. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
3. What is the name of the Wench's cousin, whom Touchwood Senior allegedly impregnates?
4. Which village worker does Allwit lie to and tell the promoters he is searching for?
5. What does Yellowhammer vow to do with Moll after her secret meeting with Touchwood Junior?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)