|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best represents the relationship between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
2. What religious celebration is happening while the Promoters are working?
3. Where are the children going when they greet Allwit and Sir Walter?
(a) To church.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the cinema.
(d) To school.
4. Where does Allwit's new baby sleep?
(a) In a nursery.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) At the wet nurse's home.
(d) In the bed with Mistress Allwit.
5. Who is attempting to help Allwit get dressed for the town party?
(a) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Sir Walter.
(d) Davy Dahana.
6. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
(a) Until the day she dies.
(b) Until she discovers her true love.
(c) Until she marries Touchwood Junior.
(d) Until she marries Sir Walter.
7. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
(a) A baby.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sack of coins.
(d) A key.
8. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
9. What food item has Mistress Allwit been craving since her pregnancy?
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Ice cream.
10. What is Sir Walter's last name?
11. What type of party is Allwit getting dressed for after the scene with the Promoters?
(a) A christening.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A baptism.
(d) A wake.
12. How does Allwit respond to the news of Sir Walter's return?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is furious.
13. Which character does Yellowhammer think duped him?
(a) Sir Walter.
(b) Touchwood Junior.
(c) Touchwood Senior.
14. Which of the following is NOT a reason Touchwood Senior is having trouble in his marriage?
(a) The illegitimate children he has fathered.
(b) The tight finances in the home.
(c) His affection for other women.
(d) The infidelity of his wife.
15. Where does the argument over social standing occur?
(a) On the steps of a church.
(b) In the wating room of a hospital.
(c) At the altar of the palace.
(d) In the classroom of a school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Allwit ask the wet nurse to bring the new baby into his study?
2. What decision do Touchwood Senior and his wife reach during their first onstage discussion?
3. What does Touchwood Junior tell Moll he has brought to the town party?
4. What does Yellowhammer do for a living?
5. What is the name of the wealthy merchant that the Promoters work for?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)