|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sir Walter's relatives is set to marry Yellowhammer's son?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His niece.
(d) His daughter.
2. What does Touchwood Junior ask Yellowhammer to make for him?
(a) A wedding cake.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
3. In what building is the town party set to take place?
(a) A government building.
(b) An opera house.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
4. To which famous Shakespearean couple does Middleton compare Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) Macbeth and his Lady.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Hamlet and his father.
(d) King Leer and Ophelia.
5. Why does Allwit ask the wet nurse to bring the new baby into his study?
(a) So that he can kiss it.
(b) So that he can spit on it.
(c) So that he can revile it.
(d) So that he can critique it.
6. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
(a) Until she discovers her true love.
(b) Until she marries Touchwood Junior.
(c) Until the day she dies.
(d) Until she marries Sir Walter.
7. For how many years has Sir Walter been having an affair with Mistress Allwit?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
8. Who is Moll's mother concerned with her daughter attracting?
(a) A king.
(b) A knight.
(c) A duke.
(d) A prince.
9. Which of the following adjectives best represents the relationship between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
10. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) A parson.
(b) A judge.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A notary.
11. Who is suggested to enter the town party first?
(c) Mrs Kix.
(d) Mistress Allwit.
12. Which of the following names does Allwit call Wat, his "son?"
13. How many sons has Sir Walter fathered with Mistress Allwit?
14. Who interjects the bickering with the argument that all are equal?
(a) Moll and Touchwood.
(b) The entertainers.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Gossips.
15. What does Yellowhammer do for a living?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a tanner.
(d) He is a baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mistress Touchwood decide to live with after leaving her home?
2. What are Lady Kix and Sir Oliver desperate for?
3. What is hiding under the leg of mutton that the wench presents to the Promoters?
4. How many Puritan women arrive first to the town party?
5. Which village worker does Allwit lie to and tell the promoters he is searching for?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)