|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do the group of townsfolk invited to the party play in the ceremony?
(a) Acting as entertainment.
(b) Acting as witnesses.
(c) Acting as servants.
(d) Actings as assistants.
2. How many Puritan women arrive first to the town party?
3. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
(a) She quickly accepts this honor.
(b) She is confused by her nomination.
(c) She fights violently with other women.
(d) She quietly refuses to lead the party.
4. Where does Allwit's new baby sleep?
(a) In the bed with Mistress Allwit.
(b) In a nursery.
(c) At the wet nurse's home.
(d) In an orphanage.
5. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
(a) As soon as she can.
(b) When he comes to work for her father.
(d) At the next town celebration.
6. What does Touchwood Junior ask Yellowhammer to make for him?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A wedding cake.
7. What nationality is Yellowhammer's future daughter-in-law?
8. Who is lecturing Moll on her flaws as a woman as the play opens?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
9. In whose sight do the interjectors claim all members of society are equal?
(a) The Queen's.
(b) The King's.
(c) The Lord's.
10. At whose home is the post-christening party held?
(c) Davy Duhana's.
(d) Sir Walter's.
11. What does Yellowhammer do for a living?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is a tanner.
12. What does Touchwood Senior offer to the Wench's cousin if she does not press charges against him?
(a) A stag.
(b) A purse full of money.
(c) A new home.
(d) A husband.
13. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
(a) Because Sir Walter would have him arrested for defamation.
(b) Because Sir Walter has threatened to kill him.
(c) Because Allwit does not love his wife.
(d) Because Sir Walter pays all of his family's bills.
14. Who does Sir Walter suggest as godmother to Allwit's new baby?
(a) The Wench.
(c) Miss Kix.
(d) Maudlin Yellowhammer.
15. How is Lady Kix related to Mistress Allwit?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are mother and daughter.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons has Sir Walter fathered with Mistress Allwit?
2. Who bickers about social standing at the town party?
3. What is Allwit congratulated on during the town party?
4. For how many years has Sir Walter been having an affair with Mistress Allwit?
5. What does Allwit thank Moll for doing at the party?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)