|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Touchwood Senior offer to the Wench's cousin if she does not press charges against him?
(a) A stag.
(b) A purse full of money.
(c) A new home.
(d) A husband.
2. How does Allwit respond to the news of Sir Walter's return?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is jealous.
3. Which of the following adjectives best represents the relationship between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
4. How does Sir Walter feel about Wat and Nick?
(a) He wishes he could raise them as his own.
(b) He secretly gives them money and gifts.
(c) He wants nothing to do with them.
(d) He does not know who they are.
5. How long does Yellowhammer promise to watch over Moll?
(a) Until the day she dies.
(b) Until she marries Touchwood Junior.
(c) Until she marries Sir Walter.
(d) Until she discovers her true love.
6. In how many words does Touchwood Junior ask Moll to respond to him?
(a) Five words.
(b) Three words.
(c) One word.
(d) Ten words.
7. How does the one who is suggested to enter the town party first respond?
(a) She quickly accepts this honor.
(b) She quietly refuses to lead the party.
(c) She fights violently with other women.
(d) She is confused by her nomination.
8. What does Touchwood Senior try to convince the Wench of after she calls him a lying villain?
(a) Of his illnesses.
(b) Of his religion.
(c) Of his chastity.
(d) Of his poverty.
9. Why does Allwit turn a blind eye to the affair between his wife and Sir Walter?
(a) Because Sir Walter has threatened to kill him.
(b) Because Sir Walter would have him arrested for defamation.
(c) Because Sir Walter pays all of his family's bills.
(d) Because Allwit does not love his wife.
10. What does Touchwood Junior tell Moll he has brought to the town party?
(a) A gun.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A sack of coins.
11. Where do Moll and Touchwood Junior secretly meet?
(a) In a school.
(b) In a church.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a theater.
12. Which village worker does Allwit lie to and tell the promoters he is searching for?
(a) The Baker.
(b) The Blacksmith.
(c) The Tanner.
(d) The Butcher.
13. What does Sir Walter swear he will never call Touchwood Junior?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A friend.
(c) A mongrel.
(d) A scholar.
14. Which official also attends the secret meeting between Moll and Touchwood Junior?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A notary.
(c) A parson.
(d) A judge.
15. What is the name of the group of people that stand up and speak during the town party?
(a) The Speakers.
(b) The Shouts.
(c) The Whisperers.
(d) The Gossips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Walter claim Touchwood Junior has done to him?
2. As she is taken away, when does Moll think will be the next time she will see Touchwood Junior?
3. In whose sight do the interjectors claim all members of society are equal?
4. How many gold coins does Touchwood Senior pay the Wench to get her to leave him alone?
5. What is the name of the Wench's cousin, whom Touchwood Senior allegedly impregnates?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)