|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder use as an way to look for large storage spaces?
(a) Wanting to help Mrs. Sharpe with some cleaning.
(b) The need to use the bathroom.
(c) Pretending he was chasing a mouse.
(d) Wanting to see more of the items in her basement.
2. What happens after "The Lady Writing" is returned to the National Gallery?
(b) Someone challenges if it is really the original.
(c) Many of the tags on paintings were changed to be attributed to Vermeer.
(d) Petra and Calder were invited to a special Vermeer showing at the gallery.
3. What is published the next day?
(a) A warning from the police.
(b) A plea from the Art Gallery.
(c) A book.
(d) Another letter.
4. Where do Petra and Calder wonder if the painting could be?
(a) Lower School.
(b) In the train station.
(c) At Powell's Books.
(d) At Mrs. Sharpe's.
5. What is does Petra and Calder think Petra has found?
(a) It is a piece of the pencil the thief used to write the letter.
(b) A portion of the letter by the thief.
(c) Evidence that someone is committing forgery of a painting.
(d) There does not seem to be any sense to what they have found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calder find "The Lady Waiting"?
2. About what does Mrs. Sharpe seem pleased?
3. How many dollars was the thief going to get for the Vermeer painting?
4. How do Petra and Calder rethink their estimate of the thief?
5. How do those caught in the thief's plan feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Petra and Calder have tea with Mrs. Sharpe?
2. How does Calder find "The Lady Waiting"?
3. Who is chasing Petra and Calder and what happens?
4. What do Petra and Calder learn on the evening news?
5. Where does Petra find Calder and the painting?
6. How do Petra and Calder manage to have access to some of the hidden areas of the school?
7. What happens when Petra enters her kitchen the next morning?
8. What does Petra think about as she is reviewing what happened at Delia Dell?
9. What hypothetical question does Ms. Hussey ask the Calder and Petra and what is their response?
10. What happens to Ms. Hussey in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)