|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder deliver to Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) An invitation.
(b) A package of books.
(c) Another letter.
(d) A box of tea from Ms. Hussey.
2. What sign does Calder carry to hide the painting?
(a) A "slippery when wet" sign.
(b) A tornado shelter sign.
(d) A sign from the last production in the theater.
3. Who does Mrs. Sharpe know who was murdered?
(a) No one.
(b) A friend of hers from college who was a Vermeer scholar.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A renowned French artist who was her second cousin.
4. Where is Old Fred found dead?
(a) On the train.
(b) In Petra's backyard.
(c) On Mrs. Sharpe's porch.
(d) In Ms. Hussey's front yard.
5. What do the students try to distinguish between various Vermeer paintings?
(a) Which are painted when Vermeer's mother was influential on his choices.
(b) Which are real and which are fake.
(c) Which are painted before Vermeer becomes famous.
(d) Which are painted when Vermeer is suffering from a broken hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dollars was the thief going to get for the Vermeer painting?
2. What is Xavier's nickname?
3. Who do Calder and Petra encounter in Delia Dell Hall?
4. Where are Petra and Calder in the opening of Chapter Seventeen?
5. What do Calder and Petra discuss on their walk to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs on the visit Petra and Calder make to the hospital to visit Mrs. Sharpe?
2. What happens to "The Lady Waiting" and how does the National Gallery respond to part of the thief's demands?
3. What does Petra find near Mrs. Sharpe's home?
4. Why do Petra and Calder run out of Delia Dell Hall and what do they decide to do?
5. What does the letter from Tommy say and how do Petra and Calder help?
6. How is Ms. Hussey's class metamorphosing?
7. What happens when the thief's letter appears in newspapers around the world?
8. What do Petra and Calder learn on the evening news?
9. What does Petra think about as she is reviewing what happened at Delia Dell?
10. Why is Petra nervous in Delia Dell Hall?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)