|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Petra and the security guard go?
(a) To find Calder.
(b) To Ms. Hussey's classroom.
(c) To the police department.
(d) To the basement.
2. What number is associated with odd coincidences?
3. Why is Mrs. Sharpe asking for police protection?
(a) Her son-in-law has gone berserk.
(b) Someone broke in to her home.
(c) She receives a letter from the thief.
(d) A vagrant has been bothering her.
4. Where is Old Fred found dead?
(a) On the train.
(b) In Petra's backyard.
(c) On Mrs. Sharpe's porch.
(d) In Ms. Hussey's front yard.
5. What does Petra begin to question?
(a) If she is missing a vital piece of the puzzle.
(b) If she is overlooking a simple answer.
(c) If she should go to the police.
(d) If her imagination is working overtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Petra and Calder shocked to see on their way to school?
2. What is said in the publication?
3. What does Petra feel about her thoughts the next morning?
4. What happens after "The Lady Writing" is returned to the National Gallery?
5. What do Calder and Petra discuss on their walk to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the thief's letter appears in newspapers around the world?
2. What does the letter from Tommy say and how do Petra and Calder help?
3. Who is chasing Petra and Calder and what happens?
4. How is Ms. Hussey's class metamorphosing?
5. What occurs on the visit Petra and Calder make to the hospital to visit Mrs. Sharpe?
6. What is significant about the number twelve?
7. Why is Petra nervous in Delia Dell Hall?
8. What hypothetical question does Ms. Hussey ask the Calder and Petra and what is their response?
9. Who do Petra and Calder see on their way to school and what does she give them?
10. What happens when Petra enters her kitchen the next morning?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)