|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Hussey's class soon resemble?
(a) A 17th century studio.
(b) Organized chaos.
(c) A museum and laboratory.
(d) A space shuttle.
2. What do Petra and Calder learn about Mrs. Sharpe's husband?
(a) He went missing many years ago while researching Vermeer.
(b) He left her for a woman who resembled the lady in Vermeer's paintings.
(c) He had been a Vermeer scholar.
(d) He is in a nursing home near her home.
3. What does Petra see on the ground?
(a) A torn piece of canvas.
(b) Some dribbles of color.
(c) A torn piece of paper.
(d) A broken art pencil.
4. What does a man with a foreign accent do?
(a) Ask Petra and Calder a lot of questions.
(b) Accidentally bump into Calder.
(c) Picks up a letter Petra and Calder drop.
(d) Hide in the bushes by Mrs. Sharpe's house.
5. Why hypothetical situation does Ms. Hussey put to Calder and Petra?
(a) About receiving a letter.
(b) About having Mrs. Sharpe examined by a psychiatrist.
(c) About being immortal.
(d) About returning something that was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Petra and Calder go to Fargo Hall?
2. Where do the students find many objects that resemble objects in Vermeer paintings?
3. What does the thief say if his demand is not met by that deadline?
4. What has Ms. Hussey received?
5. What does Petra wonder about Ms. Hussey and Mrs. Sharpe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the number twelve?
2. Where does Petra find Calder and the painting?
3. How does Calder find "The Lady Waiting"?
4. What does Petra find near Mrs. Sharpe's home?
5. What hypothetical question does Ms. Hussey ask the Calder and Petra and what is their response?
6. How is Ms. Hussey's class metamorphosing?
7. What happens to Ms. Hussey in Chapter Fifteen?
8. What happens when the thief's letter appears in newspapers around the world?
9. What does the letter from Tommy say and how do Petra and Calder help?
10. Why is Petra nervous in Delia Dell Hall?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)