|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Calder and Petra discuss on their walk to school?
(a) If the Lady does not want to be found.
(b) If Mrs. Sharpe should still be considered a suspect.
(c) The goodness or lack thereof of the thief.
(d) If Ms. Hussey has been accused falsely.
2. Why do Petra and Calder hold a bake sale?
(a) To raise money for Tommy and his mother.
(b) To start raising money to set up a small art gallery in the school.
(c) To raise money to offer a reward for the return of the Lady.
(d) To raise money to hire a private eye to find the Lady.
3. Who is Xavier Glitts?
(a) Petra's father's boss.
(b) The real name of Fred Steadman.
(c) The policeman who helped Petra.
(d) A Vermeer expert who is called in to authenticate "The Lady Writing".
4. About what does Mrs. Sharpe seem pleased?
(a) The way the lady haunts Petra's dreams.
(b) The theft of the Vermeer painting.
(c) The way the children have become so obsessed with Vermeer.
(d) That Ms. Hussey is teaching Vermeer.
5. What is published the next day?
(a) A plea from the Art Gallery.
(b) A book.
(c) Another letter.
(d) A warning from the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after "The Lady Writing" is returned to the National Gallery?
2. Who does Mrs. Sharpe know who was murdered?
3. What appears in newspapers around the world?
4. What does the thief say if his demand is not met by that deadline?
5. Who does Petra see with a package in his arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to "The Lady Waiting" and how does the National Gallery respond to part of the thief's demands?
2. What is significant about the number twelve?
3. What does the letter from Tommy say and how do Petra and Calder help?
4. What hypothetical question does Ms. Hussey ask the Calder and Petra and what is their response?
5. How is Ms. Hussey's class metamorphosing?
6. Why do Petra and Calder run out of Delia Dell Hall and what do they decide to do?
7. Who do Petra and Calder see on their way to school and what does she give them?
8. How do Petra and Calder manage to have access to some of the hidden areas of the school?
9. What happens when Petra enters her kitchen the next morning?
10. Where does Calder manage to be left behind and what does he find?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)