|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ms. Hussey received?
(a) Bail from an anonymous well wisher.
(b) A letter from her ex-husband.
(c) One of the letters from the thief.
(d) A reprimand from the school board.
2. What sign does Calder carry to hide the painting?
(a) A sign from the last production in the theater.
(b) A "slippery when wet" sign.
(c) A tornado shelter sign.
3. What do Calder and Petra discuss on their walk to school?
(a) The goodness or lack thereof of the thief.
(b) If the Lady does not want to be found.
(c) If Ms. Hussey has been accused falsely.
(d) If Mrs. Sharpe should still be considered a suspect.
4. What does Petra wonder about Ms. Hussey and Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) If they know the thief.
(b) If they are in cohorts.
(c) Their connections to the crime.
(d) If they are in danger.
5. What does Petra begin to question?
(a) If she is missing a vital piece of the puzzle.
(b) If she is overlooking a simple answer.
(c) If she should go to the police.
(d) If her imagination is working overtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Petra and Calder learn about Mrs. Sharpe's husband?
2. What does Petra feel about her thoughts the next morning?
3. Where is Old Fred found dead?
4. What do Petra and Calder wonder about Mrs. Sharpe?
5. Where does Calder find "The Lady Waiting"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Petra and Calder run out of Delia Dell Hall and what do they decide to do?
2. Where does Petra find Calder and the painting?
3. What does Petra find near Mrs. Sharpe's home?
4. What happens to Ms. Hussey in Chapter Fifteen?
5. What hypothetical question does Ms. Hussey ask the Calder and Petra and what is their response?
6. What happens when the thief's letter appears in newspapers around the world?
7. What does Petra think about as she is reviewing what happened at Delia Dell?
8. Who do Petra and Calder see on their way to school and what does she give them?
9. What occurs on the visit Petra and Calder make to the hospital to visit Mrs. Sharpe?
10. Where does Calder manage to be left behind and what does he find?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)