|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frog?
(a) He has returned from a vacation.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is in Australia with his father.
(d) He is dead.
2. What appears in newspapers around the world?
(a) A picture of Ms. Hussey handing the stolen painting to Mrs. Sharpe.
(b) A picture of Mrs. Sharpe stealing the painting.
(c) The thief's letter.
(d) A picture just recently found of Vermeer.
3. What do Petra and Calder wonder about Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) If she is a bit crazy.
(b) If Ms. Hussey knows who Mrs. Sharpe really is.
(c) If she is the lady in the painting reincarnated.
(d) If she stole the painting.
4. What does the thief say if his demand is not met by that deadline?
(a) Someone will die.
(b) He will blow up the Louvre.
(c) He will destroy "The Lady Writing".
(d) He will blow up the Art Institute of Chicago.
5. From whom does Calder receive a phone call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss at Powell's Books.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other problem(s) is/are continuing for Petra and Calder?
2. Where do Petra and Calder wonder if the painting could be?
3. To whom are Calder and Petra supposed to give the object from Mrs. Sharpe?
4. What sign does Calder carry to hide the painting?
5. What are Petra and Calder shocked to see on their way to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to "The Lady Waiting" and how does the National Gallery respond to part of the thief's demands?
2. What happens when Petra enters her kitchen the next morning?
3. Why do Petra and Calder run out of Delia Dell Hall and what do they decide to do?
4. What happens when Petra and Calder have tea with Mrs. Sharpe?
5. Why is Petra nervous in Delia Dell Hall?
6. How does Calder manage to search Mrs. Sharpe's house, and what does he find?
7. What is significant about the number twelve?
8. What do Petra and Calder learn on the evening news?
9. Who do Petra and Calder see on their way to school and what does she give them?
10. Why do Petra and Calder not read the letter from Mrs. Sharpe to Ms. Hussey?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)