|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the publication say in conclusion?
(a) It is time to return the painting.
(b) The thief is selfish.
(c) Vermeer would not have condoned theft.
(d) The world should be able to enjoy Vermeer's painting.
2. Who do Calder and Petra encounter in Delia Dell Hall?
(a) The man with the foreign accent.
(b) Ms. Hussey.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The principal.
3. What does Mrs. Sharpe give Petra and Calder?
(a) A bag of cookies.
(b) A letter to mail.
(c) An apple a piece.
(d) A bag of odd objects.
4. Who is Xavier Glitts?
(a) The real name of Fred Steadman.
(b) A Vermeer expert who is called in to authenticate "The Lady Writing".
(c) The policeman who helped Petra.
(d) Petra's father's boss.
5. Where are Petra and Calder in the opening of Chapter Seventeen?
(a) In the bushes outside Ms. Hussey's living room windows.q
(b) Near Mrs. Sharpe's home.
(c) In Petra's family room.
(d) In the school library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Sharpe know who was murdered?
2. What does Petra feel about her thoughts the next morning?
3. What does a man with a foreign accent do?
4. Where are Petra and Calder sitting at the opening to Chapter Sixteen?
5. What location at the school do Calder and Petra think is more interesting than King Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Petra think about as she is reviewing what happened at Delia Dell?
2. What happens to Ms. Hussey in Chapter Fifteen?
3. What occurs on the visit Petra and Calder make to the hospital to visit Mrs. Sharpe?
4. What happens when Petra enters her kitchen the next morning?
5. How do Petra and Calder manage to have access to some of the hidden areas of the school?
6. What happens to "The Lady Waiting" and how does the National Gallery respond to part of the thief's demands?
7. What happens when Petra and Calder have tea with Mrs. Sharpe?
8. How does Calder find "The Lady Waiting"?
9. What do Petra and Calder learn on the evening news?
10. What do Calder and Petra wonder as they sit in Gracie Hall?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)