|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is are pentominoes?
(a) A circus.
(b) A place when dogs are trained.
(c) A place where bad children are kept.
(d) Geometric shapes.
2. What does Petra think it all means?
(a) She thinks it's a joke.
(b) She thinks her best friend knows the answer.
(c) She is not sure.
(d) She thinks it has something to do with Calder.
3. What does Petra notice about her father the next day?
(a) He seems ill.
(b) He is acting strangely.
(c) He is unusually happy.
(d) He is upset again.
4. What does Calder write about as he sits in the sun?
(a) His box.
(b) His cat's eyes that seem to be many different colors.
(c) His mother's colorful dresses.
(d) How pentominoes are art to him.
5. Which color of M & M's do Petra and Calder decide to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people supposedly do with the strange events in "Lo!"?
2. What has happened to Frog?
3. What does Ms. Hussey drop off in front of Powell's?
4. What do Petra and Calder learn in Chapter Eleven?
5. What do Petra and Calder study some more?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Petra and Calder do additional study on and what does Petra learn about the woman in her dream?
2. What sort of books has Ms. Hussey chosen in Powell's Bookstore?
3. Why is the University School founded, and how what Ms. Hussey think of this?
4. What do Calder and Petra learn about the Lady?
5. Who did Calder used to spend his time with, and what does he do now?
6. What book do Calder and Petra study after school, and what do they wonder about the first owner of the book?
7. How does Petra obtain the book called "Lo!"?
8. What does the letter published by the Chicago Tribune state?
9. To what does the author compare pentominoes?
10. What does Charles Fort believe people do?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)