|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the artist quoted, what also tells the truth?
2. What crime is mentioned in the letter?
(a) It is not clear.
3. In what month does the book open?
4. What do people supposedly do with the strange events in "Lo!"?
(a) Pretend they are normal.
(b) Refuse to even consider that they have meaning.
(c) Make meaning out of them.
(d) Disregard them.
5. What type of events is explained in the book Petra is reading?
(a) Those based upon customs long past.
(b) Unexplained events.
(c) Impossible events.
(d) Normal events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is "Lo!" full?
2. What is delivered to three different people?
3. What do Petra and Calder decide to list?
4. What does Calder learn about his grandmother?
5. What does Petra notice about her father the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Petra's Halloween outfit is familiar to Calder and what shocks Petra about something she sees in a book about Vermeer?
2. What do Petra and Calder learn about the Lady and what do they decide to do?
3. What does the author challenge the reader to do concerning the artwork and why?
4. What does Calder learn about his grandmother and what does he wish about Vermeer and Fort and why does he wish that?
5. What is Ms. Hussey teaching her students, and where is she teaching?
6. What does the letter published by the Chicago Tribune state?
7. What do Calder and Petra learn about the Lady?
8. How do the students respond to the quote by Picasso, and who is especially intrigued by it?
9. What is significant about M & M's?
10. Where can the reader find the answers to the clues given in the art work?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)