|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Petra and Calder do on November 22?
(a) Have tea with Mrs. Sharpe.
(b) Have tea at the Art Institute of Chicago.
(c) Try to contact Vermeer in a seance.
(d) Get out of school early.
2. Where do Petra and Calder see Mrs. Sharpe again?
(b) Powell's Bookstore.
(c) The room where the new art gallery is to go at the school.
3. What does Petra feel about her thoughts the next morning?
(a) That her thoughts are befuddled from magic.
(b) That her imagination is offering some truth(s).
(c) That her thoughts have been very similar to those of Calder.
(d) That she thinks more clearly in the daytime than at night.
4. What question is asked concerning both Ms. Hussey and Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) If they are not just harmless women.
(b) If the two of them are part of a conspiracy.
(c) If they have been mistaken for someone else.
(d) Why the two of them received letters.
5. Where do Petra and the security guard go?
(a) To Ms. Hussey's classroom.
(b) To the police department.
(c) To find Calder.
(d) To the basement.
6. What other problem(s) is/are continuing for Petra and Calder?
(a) Just problems with Tommy's situation.
(c) Petra's father acting strangely and problems Tommy mentioned.
(d) Just problems with Petra's father.
7. What does Petra find where he has been left behind?
(a) A painting.
(b) Another letter.
(c) A body.
(d) A photography of the Lady painting.
8. What do Calder and Petra discuss on their walk to school?
(a) If Ms. Hussey has been accused falsely.
(b) The goodness or lack thereof of the thief.
(c) If the Lady does not want to be found.
(d) If Mrs. Sharpe should still be considered a suspect.
9. Who does Mrs. Sharpe know who was murdered?
(a) A renowned French artist who was her second cousin.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A friend of hers from college who was a Vermeer scholar.
(d) No one.
10. Who broke her leg?
(a) Mrs. Sharpe.
(b) Petra's mother.
(c) Ms. Hussey.
(d) Tommy's mother.
11. What happens when Petra and the security guard get out of the squad car?
(a) The car blows up.
(b) Calder comes running towards them screaming.
(c) Someone fires a gun and hits the car.
(d) A man jumps in the car and leaves.
12. What does Petra imagine in the bath?
(a) The lady hung in a dark dungeon.
(b) A jigsaw puzzle.
(c) A rectangle inside of a triangle.
(d) The lady standing inside a bright light.
13. What do the students try to distinguish between various Vermeer paintings?
(a) Which are painted when Vermeer is suffering from a broken hand.
(b) Which are real and which are fake.
(c) Which are painted when Vermeer's mother was influential on his choices.
(d) Which are painted before Vermeer becomes famous.
14. What does Calder use as an way to look for large storage spaces?
(a) The need to use the bathroom.
(b) Wanting to see more of the items in her basement.
(c) Wanting to help Mrs. Sharpe with some cleaning.
(d) Pretending he was chasing a mouse.
15. What do Calder and Petra pretend their assignment is?
(a) To learn about detective work.
(b) To interview art experts.
(c) To make a drawing of the train station.
(d) To make a map of the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the students find many objects that resemble objects in Vermeer paintings?
2. What has Ms. Hussey received?
3. Why does Ms. Hussey not come to school?
4. Why do Petra and Calder pretend this assignment?
5. Where is Frog?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)