|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petra begin to question?
(a) If she is overlooking a simple answer.
(b) If her imagination is working overtime.
(c) If she is missing a vital piece of the puzzle.
(d) If she should go to the police.
2. Where do Petra and the security guard go?
(a) To the police department.
(b) To Ms. Hussey's classroom.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To find Calder.
3. What number is associated with odd coincidences?
4. What is Xavier's nickname?
(a) The X.
(b) The Artist's Gumshoe.
(c) The Glitter Man.
(d) The Spook.
5. What makes Petra nervous as they wander this other location?
(a) It is creaky.
(b) It resembles some of Vermeer's paintings.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It smells like there is something dead inside.
6. How do those caught in the thief's plan feel?
(b) Amused now that the scheme was thwarted.
(d) Awful for being duped.
7. Who do Calder and Petra encounter in Delia Dell Hall?
(a) The principal.
(b) The man with the foreign accent.
(c) Ms. Hussey.
(d) The janitor.
8. Where do Petra and Calder see Mrs. Sharpe again?
(c) Powell's Bookstore.
(d) The room where the new art gallery is to go at the school.
9. From whom does Calder receive a phone call?
(b) His boss at Powell's Books.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
10. Where does Calder purposely get left behind?
(a) The switchyard.
(b) The basement at Powell's.
(c) The museum.
(d) The school basement.
11. To whom are Calder and Petra supposed to give the object from Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) They are to keep it themselves.
(b) Mr. King.
(c) Ms. Hussey.
(d) The principal at their school.
12. What appears in newspapers around the world?
(a) A picture of Ms. Hussey handing the stolen painting to Mrs. Sharpe.
(b) A picture of Mrs. Sharpe stealing the painting.
(c) A picture just recently found of Vermeer.
(d) The thief's letter.
13. What does Petra see on the ground?
(a) Some dribbles of color.
(b) A broken art pencil.
(c) A torn piece of canvas.
(d) A torn piece of paper.
14. Why do Petra and Calder pretend this assignment?
(a) So no one will question why they are not in class.
(b) So they can have access to hidden areas around the school.
(c) So they can help Ms. Hussey.
(d) So they can learn more from art experts.
15. Where do Petra and Calder wonder if the painting could be?
(a) In the train station.
(b) Lower School.
(c) At Powell's Books.
(d) At Mrs. Sharpe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are young people encourage to do in the "After" section?
2. How much do the students have to know about art to have an opinion about art?
3. What does Petra wonder about Ms. Hussey and Mrs. Sharpe?
4. Who does Petra see with a package in his arms?
5. Why is Mrs. Sharpe asking for police protection?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)