|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location at the school do Calder and Petra think is more interesting than King Hall?
(a) Kingdom Hall.
(b) Delia Dell Hall.
(c) The old school gym.
(d) Brewster auditorium.
2. What is becoming a worldwide phenomenon?
(b) Bringing art to the people.
(c) Reverence for Vermeer.
(d) The taking of paintings as hostage for learning.
3. What does Petra imagine in the bath?
(a) A rectangle inside of a triangle.
(b) The lady hung in a dark dungeon.
(c) The lady standing inside a bright light.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
4. What do protests encourage the thief to do?
(a) Keep the lady.
(b) Put the lady somewhere that the common people can enjoy her.
(c) Steal more paintings.
(d) Return the lady and ignore the experts.
5. What other problem(s) is/are continuing for Petra and Calder?
(b) Petra's father acting strangely and problems Tommy mentioned.
(c) Just problems with Tommy's situation.
(d) Just problems with Petra's father.
6. What is the Castiglione's treehouse?
(a) A treehouse that is actually on the ground.
(b) Where they find Calder.
(c) Where Petra and Calder always go to plan.
(d) A mythical meeting place.
7. Where is Old Fred found dead?
(a) On the train.
(b) In Ms. Hussey's front yard.
(c) On Mrs. Sharpe's porch.
(d) In Petra's backyard.
8. What does Petra begin to question?
(a) If she is overlooking a simple answer.
(b) If her imagination is working overtime.
(c) If she should go to the police.
(d) If she is missing a vital piece of the puzzle.
9. What number is associated with odd coincidences?
10. What do Calder and Petra pretend their assignment is?
(a) To learn about detective work.
(b) To interview art experts.
(c) To make a drawing of the train station.
(d) To make a map of the school.
11. Where do the students find many objects that resemble objects in Vermeer paintings?
(a) In other painters' pictures.
(b) At Mrs. Sharpe's home.
(c) No where.
(d) At the museum.
12. Where are Petra and Calder sitting at the opening to Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Petra's front porch.
(b) Mrs. Sharpe's front porch.
(c) Outside Powell's Books.
(d) Gracie Hall.
13. From whom does Calder receive a phone call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss at Powell's Books.
(c) His cousin.
14. What does Petra see on the ground?
(a) A broken art pencil.
(b) A torn piece of paper.
(c) A torn piece of canvas.
(d) Some dribbles of color.
15. What is does Petra and Calder think Petra has found?
(a) A portion of the letter by the thief.
(b) It is a piece of the pencil the thief used to write the letter.
(c) Evidence that someone is committing forgery of a painting.
(d) There does not seem to be any sense to what they have found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Calder and Petra encounter in Delia Dell Hall?
2. How do those caught in the thief's plan feel?
3. What are young people encourage to do in the "After" section?
4. What does Calder find that would be a good place to hide a painting?
5. What does Mrs. Sharpe give Petra and Calder?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)