|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Calder caught?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) In a hallway.
(c) On the playground.
(d) On the basement steps.
2. Who broke her leg?
(a) Petra's mother.
(b) Tommy's mother.
(c) Mrs. Sharpe.
(d) Ms. Hussey.
3. What does Petra encounter when she walks into the kitchen the next morning?
(a) Her dog is whining.
(b) Her brother is on the floor barking.
(c) Her parents with horrified looks on their faces.
(d) No one is home.
4. What is the Castiglione's treehouse?
(a) Where they find Calder.
(b) Where Petra and Calder always go to plan.
(c) A mythical meeting place.
(d) A treehouse that is actually on the ground.
5. Where is Old Fred found dead?
(a) In Petra's backyard.
(b) On the train.
(c) On Mrs. Sharpe's porch.
(d) In Ms. Hussey's front yard.
6. What does Ms. Hussey's class soon resemble?
(a) A museum and laboratory.
(b) A 17th century studio.
(c) Organized chaos.
(d) A space shuttle.
7. What does the publication say in conclusion?
(a) The thief is selfish.
(b) It is time to return the painting.
(c) The world should be able to enjoy Vermeer's painting.
(d) Vermeer would not have condoned theft.
8. What does Petra imagine in the bath?
(a) The lady hung in a dark dungeon.
(b) A jigsaw puzzle.
(c) The lady standing inside a bright light.
(d) A rectangle inside of a triangle.
9. What do Petra and Calder learn about Mrs. Sharpe's husband?
(a) He left her for a woman who resembled the lady in Vermeer's paintings.
(b) He went missing many years ago while researching Vermeer.
(c) He is in a nursing home near her home.
(d) He had been a Vermeer scholar.
10. What does Calder find that would be a good place to hide a painting?
(a) Steps to the attic.
(b) A large wardrobe.
(c) A false wall.
(d) A false floor.
11. About what does Mrs. Sharpe seem pleased?
(a) The theft of the Vermeer painting.
(b) That Ms. Hussey is teaching Vermeer.
(c) The way the lady haunts Petra's dreams.
(d) The way the children have become so obsessed with Vermeer.
12. What happens when Petra and the security guard get out of the squad car?
(a) The car blows up.
(b) Someone fires a gun and hits the car.
(c) A man jumps in the car and leaves.
(d) Calder comes running towards them screaming.
13. What location at the school do Calder and Petra think is more interesting than King Hall?
(a) Brewster auditorium.
(b) Kingdom Hall.
(c) The old school gym.
(d) Delia Dell Hall.
14. Where do Petra and Calder see Mrs. Sharpe again?
(a) Powell's Bookstore.
(d) The room where the new art gallery is to go at the school.
15. Who is Xavier Glitts?
(a) A Vermeer expert who is called in to authenticate "The Lady Writing".
(b) Petra's father's boss.
(c) The policeman who helped Petra.
(d) The real name of Fred Steadman.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Calder receive a phone call?
2. What makes Petra nervous as they wander this other location?
3. Why do Petra and Calder go to Fargo Hall?
4. What is does Petra and Calder think Petra has found?
5. Why do Petra and Calder pretend this assignment?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)