|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Three, Twenty-Four, and Afterwords.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is published the next day?
(a) A book.
(b) A warning from the police.
(c) Another letter.
(d) A plea from the Art Gallery.
2. What happens after "The Lady Writing" is returned to the National Gallery?
(a) Many of the tags on paintings were changed to be attributed to Vermeer.
(b) Someone challenges if it is really the original.
(c) Petra and Calder were invited to a special Vermeer showing at the gallery.
3. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
(a) Vermeer started painting when he was seventy-seven.
(b) Vermeer started painting when he was three.
(c) Vermeer was scorned as an artist for many years.
(d) Vermeer uses the same objects in many of his paintings.
4. What does Calder love about the box?
(a) The way the grains of wood create a pattern.
(b) The way the lid is hinged.
(c) The painting on the cover.
(d) The smoothness of the wood.
5. What sign does Calder carry to hide the painting?
(a) A tornado shelter sign.
(c) A "slippery when wet" sign.
(d) A sign from the last production in the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Petra and Calder worry?
2. Where is Frog?
3. Who are Calder and Petra?
4. What type of events is explained in the book Petra is reading?
5. How does Petra respond to what she notices about her father?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)