|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Three, Twenty-Four, and Afterwords.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the novel set?
(d) New York.
2. What does Calder find that would be a good place to hide a painting?
(a) A false floor.
(b) A false wall.
(c) A large wardrobe.
(d) Steps to the attic.
3. What does Petra imagine in the bath?
(a) The lady hung in a dark dungeon.
(b) A rectangle inside of a triangle.
(c) A jigsaw puzzle.
(d) The lady standing inside a bright light.
4. What crime is mentioned in the letter?
(a) It is not clear.
5. What does Calder wish about Vermeer and Fort?
(a) That they were still alive.
(b) That he could be as talented as they are.
(c) That he could have met either of them.
(d) That he had never heard of either of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy's latest letter to Calder say?
2. What is significant about the Art Institute in Chicago for Petra and Calder?
3. How does Ms. Hussey seem to Calder and Petra?
4. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
5. What does Petra decide she wants to do after reading "Lo!"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)