|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-Three, Twenty-Four, and Afterwords.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are each of these three unsure?
(a) If the danger is worth the end result.
(b) If they want to participate.
(c) Why they were chosen.
(d) How to respond.
2. What is becoming a worldwide phenomenon?
(a) Reverence for Vermeer.
(b) Bringing art to the people.
(c) The taking of paintings as hostage for learning.
3. What does Calder wish about Vermeer and Fort?
(a) That they were still alive.
(b) That he could be as talented as they are.
(c) That he had never heard of either of them.
(d) That he could have met either of them.
4. How does the book suggest the reader view the artwork in "Chasing Vermeer"?
(a) The art work is not mentioned.
(b) The art work is merely for decorative purposes.
(c) The reader should look closely at the art work.
(d) The reader should view the artwork as if it were writing.
5. What does Petra think it all means?
(a) She thinks it has something to do with Calder.
(b) She is not sure.
(c) She thinks it's a joke.
(d) She thinks her best friend knows the answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Calder feel trapped?
2. Why does Ms. Hussey not come to school?
3. How do the students respond to Ms. Hussey's quote?
4. What is does Petra and Calder think Petra has found?
5. What does Calder feel he is trying to solve?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)