|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fourteen and Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people supposedly do with the strange events in "Lo!"?
(a) Pretend they are normal.
(b) Disregard them.
(c) Make meaning out of them.
(d) Refuse to even consider that they have meaning.
2. What do Petra and Calder study some more?
(a) The history of the supernatural.
(b) The interpretation of dreams.
(c) Vermeer's life and work.
(d) The history of the 17th century.
3. What artist does Ms Hussey quote?
4. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
(a) Vermeer uses the same objects in many of his paintings.
(b) Vermeer started painting when he was seventy-seven.
(c) Vermeer was scorned as an artist for many years.
(d) Vermeer started painting when he was three.
5. Where does Calder work?
(a) He has no job.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) A local bookstore.
(d) In a law office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calder deliver to Mrs. Sharpe?
2. In what city is the novel set?
3. How is Petra's family described?
4. What is delivered to three different people?
5. What helps Calder think?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)