|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder say all the oddness probably is?
(a) Petra's imagination running viral.
(b) Another dimension leaking through.
(c) Someone perpetuating a hoax.
(d) Silly superstitions.
2. Where do Petra and Calder live?
(a) In the same apartment complex.
(b) Near each other.
(c) In the same house.
(d) Across the city from each other.
3. What is are pentominoes?
(a) Geometric shapes.
(b) A circus.
(c) A place when dogs are trained.
(d) A place where bad children are kept.
4. How is Petra's family described?
(a) Small and not close.
(b) Small and close knit.
(c) Chaotic and loud.
(d) Quiet and intellectual.
5. How does author say "Chasing Vemeer" is related to pentominoes?
(a) Clues are building blocks to solve a puzzle just as pentominoes build rectangles.
(b) The book is not related to pentominoes; it's just a way to catch the reader's attention.
(c) The book is organized on the basis of the four sides of a rectangle.
(d) "Chasing Vermeer" has groups of twelve small puzzles that create a larger puzzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What most interests Calder?
2. From where do the clippings in "Lo!" seem to come?
3. Why is Petra embarrassed?
4. What does Calder wish about Vermeer and Fort?
5. What interrupts Calder in his writing?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)