|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Hussey's appearance when she comes to school one day?
(a) She has a bandage on her leg.
(b) She has a black eye.
(c) Her arm is in a sling.
(d) She is walking with a cane.
2. In what month does the book open?
3. How does Petra respond to what she notices about her father?
(a) She wants to call a doctor.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She gets defensive.
(d) She is worried.
4. What is the purpose of pentominoes?
(a) To make something that is simple become very complex.
(b) To teach by the use of mime.
(c) To enable the study of the world in a geometric way.
(d) To imitate something else.
5. What type of projects and assignments are students working on in University School?
(a) The typical school type assignments.
(b) Ones that are relevant to daily life.
(c) Ones that try to merge past knowledge with next-century knowledge.
(d) Ones that look to the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Old Fred"?
2. Besides the writing itself, what gives clues to aid in solving the mystery?
3. What shocks Petra?
4. What does Petra learn about the woman in her dream?
5. What is Petra doing in Powell's one day when she encounters Calder?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)