|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of pentominoes?
(a) To imitate something else.
(b) To teach by the use of mime.
(c) To make something that is simple become very complex.
(d) To enable the study of the world in a geometric way.
2. What does Petra do when she sees Ms. Hussey dropping something off at Powell's?
(a) Looks at the map.
(b) Follows Ms. Hussey.
(c) Puts the cd in her player.
(d) Takes what Ms. Hussey drops off.
3. How is Calder's home described?
(a) Chaotic and loud.
(b) Loud but quite orderly.
(c) Orderly and quiet.
(d) Quiet and disorganized.
4. What do the majority of the events in "Lo!" include?
(a) A secret code.
(b) A distorted map.
(c) A series of strange faces hidden in the art.
(d) Animals falling out of the sky.
5. How does the book suggest the reader view the artwork in "Chasing Vermeer"?
(a) The reader should look closely at the art work.
(b) The art work is not mentioned.
(c) The reader should view the artwork as if it were writing.
(d) The art work is merely for decorative purposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petra start looking for in the world around her?
2. What crime is mentioned in the letter?
3. What is in Petra's hair on the way to school the next morning?
4. What artist does Ms Hussey quote?
5. What is significant about the number twelve in the story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)