|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four and Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of pentominoes?
(a) To imitate something else.
(b) To make something that is simple become very complex.
(c) To enable the study of the world in a geometric way.
(d) To teach by the use of mime.
2. How does author say "Chasing Vemeer" is related to pentominoes?
(a) The book is not related to pentominoes; it's just a way to catch the reader's attention.
(b) "Chasing Vermeer" has groups of twelve small puzzles that create a larger puzzle.
(c) Clues are building blocks to solve a puzzle just as pentominoes build rectangles.
(d) The book is organized on the basis of the four sides of a rectangle.
3. What crime is mentioned in the letter?
(b) It is not clear.
4. What is the purpose of the book "Chasing Vermeer"?
(a) To persuade children to stay away from a life of crime.
(b) Just to entertain.
(c) To teach young people in a fun way.
(d) To test intelligence.
5. According to the artist quoted, what also tells the truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the book open?
2. What do the majority of the events in "Lo!" include?
3. Of what University is the University School where Ms. Hussey teaches associated?
4. With whom did Calder usually spend his free time until recently?
5. Who is Charles Fort?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)