|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two and Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Hussey teaching?
(a) How to write letters.
2. How does author say "Chasing Vemeer" is related to pentominoes?
(a) The book is not related to pentominoes; it's just a way to catch the reader's attention.
(b) The book is organized on the basis of the four sides of a rectangle.
(c) "Chasing Vermeer" has groups of twelve small puzzles that create a larger puzzle.
(d) Clues are building blocks to solve a puzzle just as pentominoes build rectangles.
3. How is Petra's family described?
(a) Small and close knit.
(b) Small and not close.
(c) Quiet and intellectual.
(d) Chaotic and loud.
4. Who are Calder and Petra?
(a) Petra is in Ms. Hussey's class and Calder is in a rival classroom.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Two students in Ms. Hussey's class.
(d) Two cousins.
5. What does Calder seem unhappy about studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Petra in school?
2. What is significant about the number twelve in the story?
3. What are two topics that the reader learns about in "Chasing Vermeer"?
4. Where can one find answers about the clues in the book?
5. In what city is the novel set?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)