|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Petra and Calder study some more?
(a) The interpretation of dreams.
(b) Vermeer's life and work.
(c) The history of the 17th century.
(d) The history of the supernatural.
2. Who is Louise Coffin Sharpe?
(a) Calder's great aunt.
(b) The author of Calder's book on art.
(c) Petra's grandmother.
(d) The first owner of the book "Lo!".
3. Why is Petra embarrassed?
(a) That her secret place at Powell's is discovered.
(b) That she dropped all the books in her arms.
(c) That her purse falls and the contents scatter.
(d) That Ms. Hussey sees her spying on the teacher.
4. About what do Petra and Calder worry?
(a) If Calder's grandmother is too old to help them with their investigation.
(b) If Petra's father is leaving again on a business trip.
(c) All the problems that seem to be arising at the same time.
(d) If Ms. Hussey is badly injured.
5. What is Petra doing in Powell's one day when she encounters Calder?
(a) Writing down the name of poets.
(b) Shelving books.
(d) Spying on Ms. Hussey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petra's father bring up?
2. Of what is "Lo!" full?
3. How do the students respond to Ms. Hussey's quote?
4. Why is Mrs. Sharpe asking for police protection?
5. What does Calder love about the box?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)