|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder write about as he sits in the sun?
(a) His box.
(b) His mother's colorful dresses.
(c) His cat's eyes that seem to be many different colors.
(d) How pentominoes are art to him.
2. What does the Chicago Tribune publish?
(a) A list of Vermeer's paintings.
(b) A letter from the thief of "The Lady Waiting".
(c) A demand for ransom money.
(d) A schedule of the Art Institute of Chicago's gallery hours.
3. What type of events is explained in the book Petra is reading?
(a) Normal events.
(b) Unexplained events.
(c) Impossible events.
(d) Those based upon customs long past.
4. What question is asked concerning both Ms. Hussey and Mrs. Sharpe?
(a) If they have been mistaken for someone else.
(b) If they are not just harmless women.
(c) If the two of them are part of a conspiracy.
(d) Why the two of them received letters.
5. Where do Petra and Calder live?
(a) In the same house.
(b) In the same apartment complex.
(c) Near each other.
(d) Across the city from each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does the thief say the public needs to learn?
2. What do Petra and Calder learn about Mrs. Sharpe's husband?
3. What is does Petra and Calder think Petra has found?
4. What does the thief say he will do if the public does not respond to the thief's demands?
5. What makes Petra nervous as they wander this other location?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)