|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
(a) Vermeer was scorned as an artist for many years.
(b) Vermeer started painting when he was seventy-seven.
(c) Vermeer started painting when he was three.
(d) Vermeer uses the same objects in many of his paintings.
2. What crime is mentioned in the letter?
(a) It is not clear.
3. What does Ms. Hussey drop off in front of Powell's?
(a) A cd.
(b) A map.
(c) A picture.
(d) A book.
4. About whom does Calder worry?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
5. What shocks each of the three people?
(a) The danger involved.
(b) The time it will take to pursue their goals.
(c) The contents of the letter they receive.
(d) That they have been chosen for such an honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Calder receive a letter?
2. What have these people chosen to do?
3. Besides the writing itself, what gives clues to aid in solving the mystery?
4. What is said about Ms. Hussey as a teacher?
5. Of what University is the University School where Ms. Hussey teaches associated?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)