|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of projects and assignments are students working on in University School?
(a) Ones that try to merge past knowledge with next-century knowledge.
(b) The typical school type assignments.
(c) Ones that look to the future.
(d) Ones that are relevant to daily life.
2. What helps Calder think?
(a) Working with the pentominoes.
(b) Creating stories in his head.
(c) Listening to music.
3. What is Ms. Hussey teaching?
(c) How to write letters.
4. What do Petra and Calder learn in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Vermeer was never revered as an artist when he was alive.
(b) "The Lady Writing" was stolen.
(c) There are four of Vermeer's paintings at the Art Institute of Chicago.
(d) "The Lady Writing" was sent to the Guggenheim instead of Chicago.
5. Who seems to speak to Petra with knowing eyes?
(a) Ms. Hussey.
(b) Petra's father.
(c) A woman in a dream.
(d) Petra's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petra notice about her father the next day?
2. What does Petra find at her home?
3. What does the thief say he will do if the public does not respond to the thief's demands?
4. What does Petra do when she sees Ms. Hussey dropping something off at Powell's?
5. What do Petra and Calder wonder about Mrs. Sharpe?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)