|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
(a) Vermeer started painting when he was seventy-seven.
(b) Vermeer was scorned as an artist for many years.
(c) Vermeer started painting when he was three.
(d) Vermeer uses the same objects in many of his paintings.
2. Who is not feeling well?
(a) Petra's mother.
(b) Calder's grandmother.
(c) Mrs. Sharpe.
3. What does Calder write about as he sits in the sun?
(a) His cat's eyes that seem to be many different colors.
(b) His box.
(c) His mother's colorful dresses.
(d) How pentominoes are art to him.
4. What does Calder feel he is trying to solve?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) An intricate math problem using his pentominoes.
(c) His difficult problem about school.
(d) Everyone's problems.
5. Who is Louise Coffin Sharpe?
(a) Calder's great aunt.
(b) Petra's grandmother.
(c) The first owner of the book "Lo!".
(d) The author of Calder's book on art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Petra and Calder learn in Chapter Eleven?
2. What do protests encourage the thief to do?
3. Of what is "Lo!" full?
4. What is Petra doing in Powell's one day when she encounters Calder?
5. From whom does Calder receive a letter?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)