|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve and Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the students find many objects that resemble objects in Vermeer paintings?
(a) At the museum.
(b) At Mrs. Sharpe's home.
(c) In other painters' pictures.
(d) No where.
2. What does Calder learn when he researches Vermeer?
(a) Vermeer uses the same objects in many of his paintings.
(b) Vermeer started painting when he was three.
(c) Vermeer started painting when he was seventy-seven.
(d) Vermeer was scorned as an artist for many years.
3. What is Ms. Hussey's class supposed to investigate for this assignment?
(d) Letter writing.
4. Why is Petra embarrassed?
(a) That her secret place at Powell's is discovered.
(b) That Ms. Hussey sees her spying on the teacher.
(c) That she dropped all the books in her arms.
(d) That her purse falls and the contents scatter.
5. What does the thief say he will do if the public does not respond to the thief's demands?
(a) He will destroy "The Lady Waiting".
(b) He will drop "The Lady Waiting" into Lake Michigan in a waterproof container.
(c) He will auction the painting off to the highest bidder.
(d) He will kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Petra and Calder live?
2. Where does Calder work?
3. What type of projects and assignments are students working on in University School?
4. In what does Calder feel trapped?
5. Who are Calder and Petra?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)