|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the students respond to Ms. Hussey's quote?
(a) They are puzzled.
(b) They are intrigued.
(c) They disagree for the most part.
(d) They are generally uninterested.
2. What is significant about the Art Institute in Chicago for Petra and Calder?
(a) It is close to their home and they can visit it easily.
(b) It is scheduled to be closed for several months for remodeling.
(c) It is where "The Lady Writing" is due to arrive.
(d) It is where "The Lady Writing" was kept until about two years earlier.
3. How does Petra respond to what she notices about her father?
(a) She gets defensive.
(b) She is worried.
(c) She wants to call a doctor.
(d) She laughs.
4. Where does Calder purposely get left behind?
(a) The switchyard.
(b) The school basement.
(c) The museum.
(d) The basement at Powell's.
5. What does Petra decide she wants to do after reading "Lo!"?
(a) Refute his theories.
(b) Study odd happenings in the world.
(c) Draw some of her own odd happenings.
(d) Give the book to her adventurous cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charles Fort?
2. In what does Calder feel trapped?
3. What is published the next day?
4. What type of events is explained in the book Petra is reading?
5. Why are they calling the place?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)