About Pentominoes and about this Story, About the Artwork: A Challenge to the Reader, and Chapter One
• "Chasing Vermeer" is a book that challenges young readers to solve an art theft crime, learning many skills in the process.
• Pentominoes are twelve geometric shapes used to create rectangles and study the world in a geometric way.
• The reader is challenged to study the artworks in the book closely as there are clues related in the pictures.
• In Chicago, three letters are delivered to three different people saying they have been chosen to pursue justice.
• The letters tell the people not to go to the authorities. The letters surprise them and they are unsure what to do.
• They wonder what will happen or not happen if they do not take the letters seriously.
Chapter Two and Chapter Three
• Ms. Hussey is teaching her students how to write letters. She teaches...
This section contains 1,890 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)