|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Charlie Condon tell Pierce in Chapter 33 it will be before they will see the first of Goddard's money?
2. What is the horrible smell inside Amedeo's labs in Chapter 37?
3. What does Pierce leave behind as he exits the house on Amalfi in Chapter 35?
4. How does Pierce find where the scramble card he found in his backpack goes in Chapter 31?
5. How much of a percentage of Amedeo does Pierce own in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book of symbols does Pierce leave open on Nicole's coffee table in Chapter 35? Why?
2. In Chapter 33, Pierce quickly calls his patent lawyer and asks him to file the patents for Proteus immediately. Why?
3. What does Pierce tell Nicole in Chapter 21 when she asks how he received his injuries? Why?
4. What disorder does Goddard's daughter suffer? How does this relate to his investments?
5. Why does Renner accuse Pierce of murder? How does Renner excuse the attack Pierce has suffered?
6. What does Goddard and the others see on the scanning electron microscope that proves Proteus is creating energy?
7. What does Pierce find hidden in his backpack in Chapter 31?
8. What does Pierce say in Chapter 22 that convinces Renner that he is guilty?
9. What does Langwiser tell Pierce over the phone in Chapter 30? What does this lead Pierce to do?
10. How does Pierce locate an address for Lucy LaPorte in chapter 34 after his computer genius friend failed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following in detail using quotes from the novel where appropriate:
1) Point of View
Essay Topic 2
Who is Robin? Why does Pierce call her for information on Lilly? Does Robin help Pierce at first? What does Robin want Pierce to buy her when he comes to see her at her work apartment? How does this act constitute power on Robin's part? How much money does Pierce pay Robin for information? Does Robin give him good information? Why does Pierce make Robin take him to Lilly's work apartment? What does he find there? How is this connected to Robin? Why does Robin tell Pierce her real name? How does Pierce place Robin in trouble with Wentz? How does Robin react to this trouble?
Essay Topic 3
What is Pierce's relationship to Robin? Why does Pierce tell Robin that he will help her get out of her current lifestyle if she wants it? Does Pierce have romantic feelings for Robin? Does Robin have romantic feelings for Pierce? Why does Robin tell Pierce to leave her alone after his attack from Wentz? What does Pierce discover Wentz has done to Robin? What information does Robin have that leads Pierce to solve the mystery of who is setting him up? Does Robin realize the importance of this information?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)