|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pierce say is the only person he ever told about finding his sister and letting her go?
2. What is a Venice walk street as Pierce describes it in Chapter 36?
3. Why do the lights not come on to Pierce's command in Chapter 26 as he enters his office?
4. What does Pierce leave behind as he exits the house on Amalfi in Chapter 35?
5. How much does Pierce learn in Chapter 31 Goddard wants to invest in Amedeo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goddard and the others see on the scanning electron microscope that proves Proteus is creating energy?
2. Why does Pierce assume Nicole is ready to take him back at the end of Chapter 24? Is she?
3. What car does Lucy describe as the one outside Lilly's apartment the day she disappeared? How does Pierce connect this with someone he knows?
4. What does Langwiser tell Pierce over the phone in Chapter 30? What does this lead Pierce to do?
5. How does Pierce locate an address for Lucy LaPorte in chapter 34 after his computer genius friend failed?
6. What does Pierce tell Nicole in Chapter 21 when she asks how he received his injuries? Why?
7. Where did Langwiser work before coming to work in the private sector? What does Pierce hope she can do for him?
8. What does Pierce find in a storage unit rented in his name and attached to a scramble card he found in his backpack?
9. What does Pierce find hidden in his backpack in Chapter 31?
10. What disorder does Goddard's daughter suffer? How does this relate to his investments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Monica? Why does she not like impersonating Lilly on the phone for Pierce? Why does Pierce lecture Monica about speaking of him out of turn? Why does Pierce try to explain to Monica what it is they do at Amedeo? Why does Monica request to be reassigned even though she is assistant to the president of the company? What does Monica dislike about Pierce? Is Pierce really a bad guy or is Monica blowing everything out of proportion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Character motivation
2) Character traits
3) Character relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Henry Pierce? What kind of research does he do? What does Pierce hope to do with his research? What does Horton Hears a Who? have to do with his work? What is Fantastic Voyage? What has that to do with Pierce's work? Why has Pierce recently moved? How does he feel about the move? Who keeps calling Pierce's new phone number? For what reason? What does Pierce do with this information? Why is Pierce so interested in the whereabouts of Lilly Quinlan? Whom does Lilly remind him of? For what reason? What guilt does Pierce carry around because of this person?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)