|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about a scanning electron microscope?
2. What is a scramble card?
3. Why does Pierce walk down a pedestrian tunnel in Chapter 34?
4. What is nanotechnology?
5. What does Zeller say when Pierce forces him to admit he set up the sniffer on Amedeo's computer system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disorder does Goddard's daughter suffer? How does this relate to his investments?
2. Where did Langwiser work before coming to work in the private sector? What does Pierce hope she can do for him?
3. What car does Lucy describe as the one outside Lilly's apartment the day she disappeared? How does Pierce connect this with someone he knows?
4. What does Monica catch Pierce doing in Chapter 26 that causes her to request a transfer back to the general secretary pool?
5. In Chapter 33, Pierce quickly calls his patent lawyer and asks him to file the patents for Proteus immediately. Why?
6. How did Cody Zeller learn about Pierce's guilt in connection to his sister?
7. Why does Pierce decide he will have to move again in Chapter 25? How does Pierce respond to questions about his face from his neighbors?
8. Why does Pierce ask Renner to turn off his tape recorder in Chapter 22? What does Pierce tell him when he does as asked?
9. What is a sniffer? Where did Pierce find one of these devices?
10. What does Cody Zeller tell Pierce he has FedEx'd to his office in Chapter 25? What does Pierce discover inside the package in chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail using quotes to support your conclusions:
1) Pierce and Nicole
2) Pierce and Condon
3) Pierce and Renner
4) Pierce and Monica
5) Pierce and Isabelle.
Essay Topic 2
What is Pierce's relationship to Robin? Why does Pierce tell Robin that he will help her get out of her current lifestyle if she wants it? Does Pierce have romantic feelings for Robin? Does Robin have romantic feelings for Pierce? Why does Robin tell Pierce to leave her alone after his attack from Wentz? What does Pierce discover Wentz has done to Robin? What information does Robin have that leads Pierce to solve the mystery of who is setting him up? Does Robin realize the importance of this information?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Henry Pierce? What kind of research does he do? What does Pierce hope to do with his research? What does Horton Hears a Who? have to do with his work? What is Fantastic Voyage? What has that to do with Pierce's work? Why has Pierce recently moved? How does he feel about the move? Who keeps calling Pierce's new phone number? For what reason? What does Pierce do with this information? Why is Pierce so interested in the whereabouts of Lilly Quinlan? Whom does Lilly remind him of? For what reason? What guilt does Pierce carry around because of this person?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)