|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monica call Pierce when she is unhappy with an assignment he gives her?
2. Why does Pierce not get a cab at the end of Chapter 15 when Renner releases him from the police station?
3. What item did Pierce get a patent for five years previously that began his current odyssey with his company?
4. How did Isabelle Pierce's killer die?
5. What does Chasing the Dime mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amedeo attempting to develop in their labs as Pierce explains it to Monica in Chapter 11?
2. What is a patent package? What does Pierce plan to do with it?
3. Why does Pierce go to All American Mail in Chapter 7? Why does he lie about wanting a mail box there?
4. How does Pierce convince Robin in Chapter 12 to take him to the apartment where Lilly worked with clients?
5. Why does Pierce call back one of Lilly's callers and ask for the name of the website where her web page appears?
6. Why is Pierce living in a new apartment? What happened to his previous home?
7. Why does Clyde Vernon grill Pierce on his breakup with Nicole?
8. In a dream, Pierce finds himself in a crack house looking for someone. What does this dream tell the reader about Pierce?
9. What is the connection between Fantastic Voyage and Amedeo's current project?
10. How does a company like Amedeo Technologies pay its bills and pay for the research they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Amedeo need a private investor? Where did Bronson Technologies find an investor? Why is this of interest to Amedeo's president? Who is the private investor Condon is trying to woo? How much money can he invest? Why is he called a whale? What is a percentage in the company? Why does Amedeo offer a percentage in the company to the large investor? What will this give the investor in the future if Proteus proves to be as valuable as they think it will?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pierce's phone number. How did Pierce get his new phone number? Who set it up? Who begins calling the number from the start? How does this send Pierce down the road of investigating Lilly Quinlan's disappearance? Who does Pierce think had the number before him? Did he ever find a phone bill connecting this person to the number? Why not? How does it turn out the number became connected to Lilly Quinlan? Who set Pierce up?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lilly Quinlan? What is her profession? How does Pierce come to know about her? What does he think about her? What does Pierce find in her house? What does Pierce fail to find that should tip him to something strange about her disappearance? What does Pierce find in Lilly's work apartment? Why does he call the police? Why does this appear to have been a mistake? What do the police think about Pierce's interest in Lilly Quinlan? How does this become a problem for Pierce?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)