|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the horrible smell inside Amedeo's labs in Chapter 37?
(a) Microscope cleaning fluid.
(b) Sulfer chemicals.
(c) Cooking carbon wires.
2. Who does Monica tell Pierce has been calling the office repeatedly for him in Chapter 25?
(a) Nicole James.
(b) Charlie Condon.
(c) Cody Zeller.
3. What angle does Langwiser suggest in Chapter 24 she will use with the supposed admission of guilt Renner has on Pierce?
(a) That he was talking about Nicole.
(b) That he was talking about his sister.
(c) That he was high on drugs from his attack.
(d) That he was confused from his concussion.
4. Who does Pierce call in Chapter 23 to help him find a criminal attorney?
(a) Nicole James.
(b) Jacob Kaz.
(c) Lucy LaPorte.
(d) Charlie Condon.
5. What does Renner show Pierce a picture of in Chapter 22?
(a) Lilly's damaged mattress.
(b) Nicole leaving their house on Amalfi Drive.
(c) Himself hanging upside down off his balcony.
(d) Lilly's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to killing Lilly Quinlan in Chapter 38?
2. Who does Pierce ask Cody to find an address on in Chapter 25?
3. Why are there no messages on Pierce's voice mail when he returns home from the hospital?
4. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
5. What gift did Nicole buy for Pierce that she kept and often wears herself as a signal of desire to Pierce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is hiding in the wire room in Chapter 38? Why?
2. What does Pierce say in Chapter 22 that convinces Renner that he is guilty?
3. Why does Renner accuse Pierce of murder? How does Renner excuse the attack Pierce has suffered?
4. How does Pierce locate an address for Lucy LaPorte in chapter 34 after his computer genius friend failed?
5. What book of symbols does Pierce leave open on Nicole's coffee table in Chapter 35? Why?
6. What car does Lucy describe as the one outside Lilly's apartment the day she disappeared? How does Pierce connect this with someone he knows?
7. What disorder does Goddard's daughter suffer? How does this relate to his investments?
8. What meeting has Condon refused or been able to postpone as he explains to Pierce in Chapter 26? How important is this meeting?
9. Why does Pierce decide he will have to move again in Chapter 25? How does Pierce respond to questions about his face from his neighbors?
10. What does Goddard and the others see on the scanning electron microscope that proves Proteus is creating energy?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)