|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the symbol fu stand for?
2. How far in advance does Pierce learn the storage unit was paid for in Chapter 32?
(a) A year.
(b) One month.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
3. What excuse does Pierce give for calling Zeller to his lab in Chapter 37?
(a) He needs help finding a missing person.
(b) He wants to show Proteus to Zeller.
(c) Someone has been hijacking information from the computer system.
(d) He wants to talk about the Doomsters.
4. What reason does Pierce give for not wanting the computer mainframe in the lab?
(a) Computer techs do not have security clearance for the lab.
(b) Cannot get a wifi signal in the lab.
(c) Too much interference with the experiments.
(d) Not enough room.
5. What does Pierce worry about as he checks out the front of Lucy LaPorte's house in Chapter 36?
(a) She will not be alone.
(b) She will be gone.
(c) She will be dead inside.
(d) She will not see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Venice walk street as Pierce describes it in Chapter 36?
2. Who does Pierce say is the only person he ever told about finding his sister and letting her go?
3. What is Lucy watching on television when Pierce forces his way into her house in Chapter 36?
4. What is a scramble card?
5. Who is Confucius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pierce ask Renner to turn off his tape recorder in Chapter 22? What does Pierce tell him when he does as asked?
2. What is a sniffer? Where did Pierce find one of these devices?
3. Where did Langwiser work before coming to work in the private sector? What does Pierce hope she can do for him?
4. What does Pierce find hidden in his backpack in Chapter 31?
5. In Chapter 33, Pierce quickly calls his patent lawyer and asks him to file the patents for Proteus immediately. Why?
6. What does Condon have Goddard sign before allowing him into the lab? For what reason?
7. What is Proteus? What are some of its potential uses?
8. What does Monica catch Pierce doing in Chapter 26 that causes her to request a transfer back to the general secretary pool?
9. How does Pierce locate an address for Lucy LaPorte in chapter 34 after his computer genius friend failed?
10. What does Goddard and the others see on the scanning electron microscope that proves Proteus is creating energy?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)