|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pierce call in Chapter 23 to help him find a criminal attorney?
(a) Lucy LaPorte.
(b) Nicole James.
(c) Charlie Condon.
(d) Jacob Kaz.
2. Who does Zeller tell Pierce paid him to make Proteus disappear?
(a) The pharmaceutical industry.
(b) Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited.
(c) Bronson Technologies.
3. Why was Lucy outside Lilly's work apartment the day she most likely died?
(a) To take her to lunch.
(b) To ask a question about work.
(c) To meet her with a client.
(d) To use the apartment for her own client.
4. What reason does Renner give in Chapter 22 for using a tape recorder?
(a) To use against Pierce in a court of law.
(b) To keep the interview straight for the written report.
(c) To make it easier to remember later.
(d) To protect both him and Pierce during an interview.
5. How much of a percentage in Amedeo does Goddard want in exchange for his investment?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Fifteen percent.
(c) Twelve percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Pierce give Condon for wanting to delay the meeting with Goddard in Chapter 26?
2. Who is the woman running her fingers through Pierce's hair when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 21?
3. How much of a percentage of Amedeo does Pierce own in Chapter 31?
4. What does Zeller say when Pierce forces him to admit he set up the sniffer on Amedeo's computer system?
5. Who does Pierce ask Cody to find an address on in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Condon tell Goddard about Pierce's facial injuries in Chapter 27? What is Goddard's response?
2. What does Pierce tell Nicole in Chapter 21 when she asks how he received his injuries? Why?
3. What does Cody Zeller tell Pierce he has FedEx'd to his office in Chapter 25? What does Pierce discover inside the package in chapter 26?
4. What is Proteus? What are some of its potential uses?
5. What does Goddard and the others see on the scanning electron microscope that proves Proteus is creating energy?
6. How does Pierce locate an address for Lucy LaPorte in chapter 34 after his computer genius friend failed?
7. Where did Langwiser work before coming to work in the private sector? What does Pierce hope she can do for him?
8. Why does Pierce ask Renner to turn off his tape recorder in Chapter 22? What does Pierce tell him when he does as asked?
9. What does Pierce say in Chapter 22 that convinces Renner that he is guilty?
10. What meeting has Condon refused or been able to postpone as he explains to Pierce in Chapter 26? How important is this meeting?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)