|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Renner give in Chapter 22 for using a tape recorder?
(a) To use against Pierce in a court of law.
(b) To make it easier to remember later.
(c) To keep the interview straight for the written report.
(d) To protect both him and Pierce during an interview.
2. Who is the woman running her fingers through Pierce's hair when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A paramedic.
(c) A cop.
(d) A lover.
3. How much of a percentage of Amedeo does Pierce own in Chapter 31?
(a) One hundred percent.
(b) Sixty-two percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Seventy-two percent.
4. What does the symbol shu stand for?
5. When does Kaz tell Goddard he plans to file the patents for Proteus?
(a) In a month or two.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Friday morning.
(d) As soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pierce tell Langwiser in Chapter 24 he feels responsible for his sister's death?
2. What news does Langwiser have when Pierce calls her in Chapter 26?
3. What is a Venice walk street as Pierce describes it in Chapter 36?
4. How does Pierce find where the scramble card he found in his backpack goes in Chapter 31?
5. What does Pierce accuse Nicole of in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierce find hidden in his backpack in Chapter 31?
2. Why does Renner accuse Pierce of murder? How does Renner excuse the attack Pierce has suffered?
3. Why does Pierce ask Renner to turn off his tape recorder in Chapter 22? What does Pierce tell him when he does as asked?
4. What car does Lucy describe as the one outside Lilly's apartment the day she disappeared? How does Pierce connect this with someone he knows?
5. What does Pierce find in a storage unit rented in his name and attached to a scramble card he found in his backpack?
6. Why does Pierce assume Nicole is ready to take him back at the end of Chapter 24? Is she?
7. Where did Langwiser work before coming to work in the private sector? What does Pierce hope she can do for him?
8. What does Monica catch Pierce doing in Chapter 26 that causes her to request a transfer back to the general secretary pool?
9. What does Pierce do in Chapter 32 with the item he finds inside a storage unit rented in his name? Why?
10. What does Cody Zeller tell Pierce he has FedEx'd to his office in Chapter 25? What does Pierce discover inside the package in chapter 26?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)