|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce say when Nicole asks in Chapter 21 what is going on in his life?
(a) He fell in love with a prostitute.
(b) He is trying to save his sister.
(c) He got a wrong number.
(d) He misses her.
2. Where does Pierce spend the night in Chapter 27?
(a) At home.
(d) His laser lab.
3. How does Amedeo celebrate Goddard's announcement that he wants to invest with them?
(a) With a sober look to the future.
(b) With the arrest of Pierce.
(c) With a party.
(d) With champagne.
4. What does Pierce realize when he begins analyzing the search of his car in Chapter 31?
(a) That someone was simply trying to rob him that night at Lilly's apartment complex.
(b) That Renner thinks he found something in his car but cannot use it because of a lack of a warrant.
(c) That whoever was in his car at Lilly's apartment complex was not searching.
(d) That Renner planted something in his car.
5. Who suggests that Proteus might win Pierce a Nobel Prize?
6. With whom does Cody Zeller warn Pierce that Wentz and Allison are connected to in his report as Pierce reads it in Chapter 26?
(a) A prostitution ring in Dallas.
(b) The FBI.
(c) A mobster called Dominic Silva.
7. Why is the package from Cody Zeller already opened when Pierce finds it on his desk in Chapter 26?
(a) Vernon opened it.
(b) The FedEx guy opened it.
(c) Condon opened it.
(d) Monica opened it.
8. Who does Pierce say is the only person he ever told about finding his sister and letting her go?
9. Who is with Pierce when he wakes in Chapter 21?
10. What is a scramble card?
(a) A prepaid bank card.
(b) A credit card that constantly scrambles its numbers.
(c) A key to unlock doors, such as is used in hotels.
(d) A bank card with no set account.
11. What does Pierce wear in the imaging lab in order to see Goddard's reaction?
(a) His prescription glasses.
(b) Heat resonance goggles.
(c) His prescription safety goggles.
(d) Night vision goggles.
12. In Chapter 36, who fits the description Lucy gives Pierce of Grady Allison?
(a) Charlie Condon.
(b) Robert Renner.
(c) Cody Zeller.
(d) Clyde Vernon.
13. What important message does Monica inform Pierce he has waiting for him on his desk at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) A message from Langwiser.
(b) A message from Renner.
(c) A message from Zeller.
(d) A message from the lab.
14. What is Lucy watching on television when Pierce forces his way into her house in Chapter 36?
(a) A Hollywood celebrity program.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) The news.
15. Who does Zeller tell Pierce paid him to make Proteus disappear?
(a) Bronson Technologies.
(b) The pharmaceutical industry.
(c) Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
2. Why does Langwiser call Renner in Chapter 24?
3. How long does Charlie Condon tell Pierce in Chapter 33 it will be before they will see the first of Goddard's money?
4. When does Kaz tell Goddard he plans to file the patents for Proteus?
5. Where does Pierce find the keys for the storage unit in Chapter 32?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)