|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pierce ask Cody to find an address on in Chapter 25?
(a) Billy Wentz.
(b) Charlie Condon.
(c) Robert Renner.
(d) Lucy LaPorte.
2. Why does Pierce search his own car in Chapter 31?
(a) To find something he lost.
(b) To see what Renner might see.
(c) To see what it feels like to be a cop.
(d) To see if someone planted something in it.
3. What does the symbol fu stand for?
4. Why do the lights not come on to Pierce's command in Chapter 26 as he enters his office?
(a) Condon has changed the security parameters.
(b) His voice is too high from excitment.
(c) His voice has been altered by his injuries.
(d) The system is being repaired.
5. What does the symbol shu stand for?
6. What does Pierce accuse Nicole of in Chapter 34?
(a) Lying to Monica about him.
(b) Selling Proteus to a competitor.
(c) Using him for fame and money.
(d) Cheating on him.
7. What does Renner show Pierce a picture of in Chapter 22?
(a) Himself hanging upside down off his balcony.
(b) Lilly's damaged mattress.
(c) Nicole leaving their house on Amalfi Drive.
(d) Lilly's body.
8. Who does Zeller tell Pierce paid him to make Proteus disappear?
(a) The pharmaceutical industry.
(b) Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited.
(d) Bronson Technologies.
9. What important message does Monica inform Pierce he has waiting for him on his desk at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) A message from Renner.
(b) A message from Zeller.
(c) A message from Langwiser.
(d) A message from the lab.
10. What is the horrible smell inside Amedeo's labs in Chapter 37?
(b) Cooking carbon wires.
(c) Microscope cleaning fluid.
(d) Sulfer chemicals.
11. Why is the package from Cody Zeller already opened when Pierce finds it on his desk in Chapter 26?
(a) Vernon opened it.
(b) Monica opened it.
(c) Condon opened it.
(d) The FedEx guy opened it.
12. Why was Lucy outside Lilly's work apartment the day she most likely died?
(a) To take her to lunch.
(b) To meet her with a client.
(c) To use the apartment for her own client.
(d) To ask a question about work.
13. What does Pierce compare the lights of Proteus working on the scanning electron microscope to?
(a) Aurora borealis.
(b) Fire works.
(c) Special effects from Star Wars.
(d) A movie.
14. What is a scramble card?
(a) A credit card that constantly scrambles its numbers.
(b) A prepaid bank card.
(c) A bank card with no set account.
(d) A key to unlock doors, such as is used in hotels.
15. What is meant in Chapter 21 when someone says they need extra straps to go vertical?
(a) They have to stand Pierce up on end to get him down in the elevator.
(b) They are ready to carry Pierce out of the apartment.
(c) They want Pierce to walk down the stairs.
(d) They need to send Pierce vertically down the side of the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lilly move to after leaving her mother in Tampa?
2. What does Pierce worry about as he checks out the front of Lucy LaPorte's house in Chapter 36?
3. Who is Confucius?
4. What reason does Renner give in Chapter 22 for using a tape recorder?
5. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)