|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce say when Nicole asks in Chapter 21 what is going on in his life?
(a) He got a wrong number.
(b) He is trying to save his sister.
(c) He fell in love with a prostitute.
(d) He misses her.
2. What does the symbol fu stand for?
3. What does Pierce accuse Nicole of in Chapter 34?
(a) Selling Proteus to a competitor.
(b) Cheating on him.
(c) Using him for fame and money.
(d) Lying to Monica about him.
4. What is a scramble card?
(a) A bank card with no set account.
(b) A credit card that constantly scrambles its numbers.
(c) A key to unlock doors, such as is used in hotels.
(d) A prepaid bank card.
5. Why does Pierce search his own car in Chapter 31?
(a) To see what Renner might see.
(b) To see what it feels like to be a cop.
(c) To see if someone planted something in it.
(d) To find something he lost.
6. Who does Pierce call in Chapter 23 to help him find a criminal attorney?
(a) Charlie Condon.
(b) Lucy LaPorte.
(c) Nicole James.
(d) Jacob Kaz.
7. What does the symbol shu stand for?
8. What angle does Langwiser suggest in Chapter 24 she will use with the supposed admission of guilt Renner has on Pierce?
(a) That he was talking about his sister.
(b) That he was high on drugs from his attack.
(c) That he was confused from his concussion.
(d) That he was talking about Nicole.
9. How long does Charlie Condon tell Pierce in Chapter 33 it will be before they will see the first of Goddard's money?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
10. What illness does Larraby suffer that he hopes Proteus and the technology to come from it will help control?
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
11. What does Pierce think his stepfather did to his sister that forced her out on the streets and left her preferring the streets to home?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Refused her an allowance.
(c) Sexually abused her.
(d) Kicked her out.
12. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
13. What does Pierce leave behind as he exits the house on Amalfi in Chapter 35?
(a) His wallet.
(b) The key.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His cellphone.
14. Why is the package from Cody Zeller already opened when Pierce finds it on his desk in Chapter 26?
(a) The FedEx guy opened it.
(b) Monica opened it.
(c) Vernon opened it.
(d) Condon opened it.
15. What does Pierce realize when he begins analyzing the search of his car in Chapter 31?
(a) That Renner planted something in his car.
(b) That someone was simply trying to rob him that night at Lilly's apartment complex.
(c) That Renner thinks he found something in his car but cannot use it because of a lack of a warrant.
(d) That whoever was in his car at Lilly's apartment complex was not searching.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pierce learn in Chapter 31 Goddard wants to invest in Amedeo?
2. From where does Pierce get the quote, "Our buildings, to you, would seem terribly small. But to us, who aren't big, they are wonderfully tall."?
3. Why does Pierce buy a five day pass to an adult website in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Pierce tell Larraby to switch to thermal in Chapter 28?
5. Who does Pierce say is the only person he ever told about finding his sister and letting her go?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)