|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor tell Pierce in Chapter 21 he will need a plastic surgeon?
(a) For the lacerations around his eye and nose.
(b) To repair his broken nose.
(c) For the cut on his chest.
(d) To repair a laceration on his thigh.
2. Who is the woman running her fingers through Pierce's hair when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lover.
(c) A cop.
(d) A paramedic.
3. Why does Pierce tell Larraby to switch to thermal in Chapter 28?
(a) It helps people to see Proteus work more effeciently.
(b) It is a way of showing Proteus' elements beyond energy usage.
(c) It turns the pinpoints of light seen in the reaction of Proteus into colors.
(d) It is necessary to show how Proteus works.
4. From where does Pierce get the quote, "Our buildings, to you, would seem terribly small. But to us, who aren't big, they are wonderfully tall."?
(a) The Cat in the Hat.
(b) Fantastic Voyage.
(c) Horton Hears a Who.
(d) Emily Dickenson.
5. Why does Pierce believe that Wentz did not target him to be set up for murder in Chapter 33?
(a) Wentz is not in the same business as Pierce.
(b) Pierce is too intelligent for Wentz to not be afraid of him.
(c) They had no connection to each other.
(d) Pierce never had contact with Wentz' girls.
6. What does Pierce worry about as he checks out the front of Lucy LaPorte's house in Chapter 36?
(a) She will be gone.
(b) She will not be alone.
(c) She will not see him.
(d) She will be dead inside.
7. Why is the package from Cody Zeller already opened when Pierce finds it on his desk in Chapter 26?
(a) Condon opened it.
(b) The FedEx guy opened it.
(c) Monica opened it.
(d) Vernon opened it.
8. What gift did Nicole buy for Pierce that she kept and often wears herself as a signal of desire to Pierce?
(a) A negligee.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A team jersey.
9. In Chapter 36, who fits the description Lucy gives Pierce of Grady Allison?
(a) Robert Renner.
(b) Charlie Condon.
(c) Cody Zeller.
(d) Clyde Vernon.
10. What is ETS?
(a) Emitting-testesterone syndrome.
(b) Emerging-technologies symposium.
(c) Electron-transmitter system.
(d) Energy-transference system.
11. What does the symbol shu stand for?
12. What does Pierce think his stepfather did to his sister that forced her out on the streets and left her preferring the streets to home?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Refused her an allowance.
(c) Sexually abused her.
(d) Kicked her out.
13. Why does Pierce buy a five day pass to an adult website in Chapter 26?
(a) To check out the board of ownership for the site.
(b) To see the pictures from the photoshoot where Robin met Lilly.
(c) To enjoy the pictures in general.
(d) To find more picture of Lilly to help in finding her.
14. What is Lucy watching on television when Pierce forces his way into her house in Chapter 36?
(a) The news.
(b) A soap opera.
(c) A Hollywood celebrity program.
15. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Proteus might win Pierce a Nobel Prize?
2. What excuse does Pierce give for calling Zeller to his lab in Chapter 37?
3. What illness does Larraby suffer that he hopes Proteus and the technology to come from it will help control?
4. What is the first thing Pierce does when he gets into his car at the end of Chapter 25?
5. What is the horrible smell inside Amedeo's labs in Chapter 37?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)