|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, who fits the description Lucy gives Pierce of Grady Allison?
(a) Charlie Condon.
(b) Cody Zeller.
(c) Clyde Vernon.
(d) Robert Renner.
2. What does Pierce think his stepfather did to his sister that forced her out on the streets and left her preferring the streets to home?
(a) Refused her an allowance.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Sexually abused her.
(d) Kicked her out.
3. What is meant in Chapter 21 when someone says they need extra straps to go vertical?
(a) They need to send Pierce vertically down the side of the building.
(b) They have to stand Pierce up on end to get him down in the elevator.
(c) They are ready to carry Pierce out of the apartment.
(d) They want Pierce to walk down the stairs.
4. What does AE stand for?
(a) Arrest and execute.
(b) Admit and explain.
(c) Analyze and estimate.
(d) Analyze and evaluate.
5. What does the symbol shu stand for?
6. Who does Pierce suspect of planting the keys and the scramble card for the storage unit among his things in Chapter 32?
7. Who does Pierce tell Monica might call her in Chapter 25?
8. Why does the doctor tell Pierce in Chapter 21 he will need a plastic surgeon?
(a) To repair his broken nose.
(b) For the lacerations around his eye and nose.
(c) For the cut on his chest.
(d) To repair a laceration on his thigh.
9. What does Renner pull out of his pocket after Pierce makes a comment about being responsible for what happened to Lilly in Chapter 22?
(a) Another tape recorder.
(b) A Miranda warning.
(d) A warrant for his arrest.
10. Who does Pierce ask Cody to find an address on in Chapter 25?
(a) Robert Renner.
(b) Billy Wentz.
(c) Lucy LaPorte.
(d) Charlie Condon.
11. What important message does Monica inform Pierce he has waiting for him on his desk at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) A message from Renner.
(b) A message from Zeller.
(c) A message from Langwiser.
(d) A message from the lab.
12. Why does Pierce search his own car in Chapter 31?
(a) To see if someone planted something in it.
(b) To see what Renner might see.
(c) To see what it feels like to be a cop.
(d) To find something he lost.
13. How does Pierce find where the scramble card he found in his backpack goes in Chapter 31?
(a) It had the storage unit and address written on it.
(b) He called several U-Store-It places till he found the right one.
(c) There was a note attached telling him where to look.
(d) He had rented a storage space previously.
14. What does Pierce leave behind as he exits the house on Amalfi in Chapter 35?
(a) The key.
(b) His cellphone.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His wallet.
15. Who is the woman running her fingers through Pierce's hair when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) A cop.
(b) A paramedic.
(c) A lover.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Langwiser call Renner in Chapter 24?
2. What lie does Pierce tell Goddard in Chapter 29 about a former employee?
3. What conclusion does Pierce come to as to the phone number he and Lilly appeared to have shared at one point or another?
4. How many stitches did Pierce have to have in his scalp for an injury he does not recall receiving?
5. Why was Lucy outside Lilly's work apartment the day she most likely died?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)