|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Confucius?
(a) A Chinese diplomat.
(b) A Chinese doctor.
(c) A Chinese philosopher.
(d) A Chinese investor.
2. Why is the package from Cody Zeller already opened when Pierce finds it on his desk in Chapter 26?
(a) Vernon opened it.
(b) The FedEx guy opened it.
(c) Monica opened it.
(d) Condon opened it.
3. What is special about a scanning electron microscope?
(a) It can see certain light signatures.
(b) It can see moving parts.
(c) It can see things normal microscopes cannot.
(d) It can see energy..
4. Why does Langwiser call Renner in Chapter 24?
(a) To give away their defense strategy.
(b) To let him know she plans to represent Pierce.
(c) To scare him into backing off of Pierce.
(d) To declare Pierce's innocence.
5. With whom does Cody Zeller warn Pierce that Wentz and Allison are connected to in his report as Pierce reads it in Chapter 26?
(a) A prostitution ring in Dallas.
(b) The FBI.
(d) A mobster called Dominic Silva.
6. How does it appear Lilly Quinlan died in Chapter 32?
(a) She was beaten to death.
(b) Her throat was cut.
(c) She was shot in the head.
(d) She was stabbed in the chest.
7. Who is the woman running her fingers through Pierce's hair when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) A paramedic.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A cop.
(d) A lover.
8. What does Pierce think his stepfather did to his sister that forced her out on the streets and left her preferring the streets to home?
(a) Sexually abused her.
(b) Kicked her out.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Refused her an allowance.
9. What is in a message Cody leaves for Pierce in Chapter 21?
(a) He has the information Pierce wanted.
(b) He wants Nicole's phone number.
(c) He has a gift for Pierce.
(d) He wants to go out and party.
10. Who does Monica tell Pierce has been calling the office repeatedly for him in Chapter 25?
(a) Cody Zeller.
(b) Charlie Condon.
(c) Nicole James.
11. What is ETS?
(a) Electron-transmitter system.
(b) Emerging-technologies symposium.
(c) Emitting-testesterone syndrome.
(d) Energy-transference system.
12. What excuse does Pierce give for calling Zeller to his lab in Chapter 37?
(a) Someone has been hijacking information from the computer system.
(b) He wants to talk about the Doomsters.
(c) He needs help finding a missing person.
(d) He wants to show Proteus to Zeller.
13. In Chapter 36, who fits the description Lucy gives Pierce of Grady Allison?
(a) Clyde Vernon.
(b) Cody Zeller.
(c) Charlie Condon.
(d) Robert Renner.
14. When does Kaz tell Goddard he plans to file the patents for Proteus?
(a) In a month or two.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) Friday morning.
15. Who does Pierce tell Monica might call her in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is nanotechnology?
2. What angle does Langwiser suggest in Chapter 24 she will use with the supposed admission of guilt Renner has on Pierce?
3. Why does Pierce believe that Wentz did not target him to be set up for murder in Chapter 33?
4. What type of monthly bill was Cody not able to find for Pierce on Lilly Quinlan?
5. What reason does Pierce give Condon for wanting to delay the meeting with Goddard in Chapter 26?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)