|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the kitchen at the address Pierce has for Lilly Quinlan in Chapter 8?
(a) A window is broken over the sink.
(b) The fruit in a bowl is all rotten.
(c) A strange man is at the table.
(d) A girl is dead on the floor.
2. What does Pierce witness being taken from Lilly's work apartment in Chapter 16?
(a) The mattress.
(b) Her body.
(c) A peice of flooring.
(d) The bed.
3. What does Wentz tell Pierce in Chapter 19 that he wants from him?
(a) To stop investigating Lilly's disappearance.
(b) To stay away from Cody Zeller.
(c) To stop calling Nicole after midnight.
(d) To not sue him for putting his number on Lilly's webpage.
4. Where does Pierce hide Lilly's phone book after searching it for clues in Chapter 9?
(a) Behind some paper in the supply closet.
(b) In the bottom of his trash basket.
(c) In his backpack.
(d) In the trunk of his car.
5. What does Monica call Pierce when she is unhappy with an assignment he gives her?
(a) Mr. Pierce.
(c) Dr. Pierce.
6. Why does the girl at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited suggest the boss chose to leave Lilly's site up even though she had stopped paying?
(a) He hopes she will begin paying again.
(b) Her picture keeps clients coming back.
(c) She is a personal friend of his.
(d) He gave her an extension on the bill.
7. Who does Pierce learn Monica has been talking to about him in Chapter 7?
8. Who does Robin claim really runs Entrepreneurial Concepts?
(b) Wentz' partner, Grady.
(c) Billy Wentz.
9. What reason does Pierce give Renner in Chapter 14 for investigating Lilly Quinlan's disappearance?
(a) She was a friend.
(b) He was curious.
(c) He was asked to do so by her mother.
(d) She reminds him of his sister.
10. What does Pierce think is wrong with the bed in Lilly's bedroom in the Venice house?
(a) The headboard is cracked.
(b) It is unmade.
(c) There are stains on the matress.
(d) It is not the same as the one in her website photo.
11. What does the private detective tell Pierce about his conversation with Robin during his investigation?
(a) She told him to speak to Billy Wentz.
(b) She was not cooperative.
(c) She suggested friends he could call.
(d) She told him Lilly was in Florida.
12. How long does Pierce tell Robin in Chapter 13 his sister's body lay in the open before someone called the police?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several months.
13. Who is Curt?
(a) Pierce's friend.
(b) The counter person at the smoothie shop.
(c) The clerk at All American Mail.
(d) Lilly's boyfriend.
14. What does Pierce find behind a door marked private in the offices of Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited?
(a) A computer room.
(d) Telephone operators.
15. Why does Pierce tell Renner about Robin in Chapter 15?
(a) He is trying to be honest.
(b) He thinks she killed Lilly.
(c) He needs a reason for why he knew to call Mrs. Quinlan.
(d) He is covering his own tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is social engineering?
2. Where does the address Pierce found for Lilly lead him in Chapter 7?
3. What is on a voice command in all the rooms of Pierce's workplace?
4. Where does Robin say she first met Lilly Quinlan?
5. Who does Pierce accuse Wainwright of working for in Chapter 13?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)