|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pierce tell Robin in Chapter 13 his sister's body lay in the open before someone called the police?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
2. What reason does Pierce give Renner in Chapter 14 for investigating Lilly Quinlan's disappearance?
(a) She reminds him of his sister.
(b) He was asked to do so by her mother.
(c) He was curious.
(d) She was a friend.
3. Why does Pierce tell Renner about Robin in Chapter 15?
(a) He needs a reason for why he knew to call Mrs. Quinlan.
(b) He is trying to be honest.
(c) He thinks she killed Lilly.
(d) He is covering his own tracks.
4. Why does Pierce remind himself he will need lamps in his new apartment?
(a) There is no recessed lighting like most of the modern apartments in the city.
(b) He wants to keep the apartment as bright as possible due to a fear of darkness.
(c) He forgot to order some.
(d) He needs a lamp to work at home.
5. What does Pierce find under Lilly's bed in Chapter 13 and on the mattress covering the bed?
(a) A jar of rat poison and spilled alcohol.
(b) A large, brown stain he believes is blood.
(c) Burn marks.
(d) A gun and a stain that could be blood.
6. What is the point of view utilized in the novel Chasing the Dime?
(a) Authorial voice.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
7. What kind of car does Pierce drive?
(d) Vokswagen Beetle.
8. What is a houseman?
(a) The man at the crackhouse who collected fees for the use of the house.
(b) The manager of a lab.
(c) Another name for the head of security in corporate America.
(d) A chaperon at a college dorm.
9. How much money does Robin tell Pierce it cost to spend an hour with her?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
10. Who is Nicole James?
(a) Pierce's information officer.
(b) Pierce's former fiance.
(c) Pierce's business partner.
(d) Pierce's personal assistant.
11. How did Isabelle Pierce's killer die?
(a) He was shot by cops.
(b) He committed suicide upon discovery of his crimes.
(c) He died of cancer in jail.
(d) He was executed for murder.
12. Who calls Pierce at the end of Chapter 17 and agrees to meet to discuss Lilly Quinlan?
(a) Billy Wentz.
(b) Philip Glass.
(d) Grady Allison.
13. Why does the girl at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited suggest the boss chose to leave Lilly's site up even though she had stopped paying?
(a) He gave her an extension on the bill.
(b) He hopes she will begin paying again.
(c) Her picture keeps clients coming back.
(d) She is a personal friend of his.
14. Why does Pierce look under the blotter on the desk of the front reception area at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited?
(a) To find more information on Lilly.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To steal a membership to one of the adult websites.
(d) To find a password.
15. Who does Pierce ask Monica to call in Chapter 7 and pretend to be Lilly Quinlan?
(a) Charlie at Amedeo.
(b) Cody in Malibu.
(c) Billy at Entrepreneural Concepts.
(d) Curt at All American Mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin ask Pierce to buy for her before she will see him?
2. Who does Pierce learn Monica has been talking to about him in Chapter 7?
3. What does Pierce touch in the bathroom of Lilly's Venice house?
4. What is wrong with the kitchen at the address Pierce has for Lilly Quinlan in Chapter 8?
5. What item did Pierce get a patent for five years previously that began his current odyssey with his company?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)