|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody Zeller look like to Pierce?
(a) An aging surfer.
(b) A college dropout.
(c) A beach bum.
(d) A multimillionare.
2. What does Chasing the Dime mean?
(a) Chasing after riches.
(b) Chasing after success.
(c) Chasing after love.
(d) Chasing after the technology to create a computer the size of a dime.
3. What is wrong with the kitchen at the address Pierce has for Lilly Quinlan in Chapter 8?
(a) A strange man is at the table.
(b) A window is broken over the sink.
(c) A girl is dead on the floor.
(d) The fruit in a bowl is all rotten.
4. Where does Lilly's ad say that she will meet clients?
(a) An apartment in West Hollywood.
(b) A safe and secure townhouse near the beach.
(c) A business office in San Diego.
(d) A small house in Venice.
5. Where does Robin say she first met Lilly Quinlan?
(a) During a session with a client.
(b) At the offices of Entrepreneurial Concepts.
(c) At a photo shoot for another Entrepreneurial Concepts website.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
6. What is Arbadac Arba?
(a) Abra Cadabra written backwards, the password from Entrepreneurial Concepts.
(b) The street Lilly lived on.
(c) Pierce's password for his work computer.
(d) Pierce's nickname for Nicole.
7. What is the point of view utilized in the novel Chasing the Dime?
(a) Authorial voice.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
8. Whose idea was it to place items in the rooms of Pierce's workplace on voice command to impress visitors?
(c) Charlie Condon.
9. Who is Nicole James?
(a) Pierce's former fiance.
(b) Pierce's business partner.
(c) Pierce's personal assistant.
(d) Pierce's information officer.
10. Why does Pierce tell Renner about Robin in Chapter 15?
(a) He is covering his own tracks.
(b) He is trying to be honest.
(c) He needs a reason for why he knew to call Mrs. Quinlan.
(d) He thinks she killed Lilly.
11. What name does Pierce reveal in Chapter 16 his sister used on the streets before her death?
12. Who gave Pierce a caricature of himself that hangs on the wall of his office?
(d) His mother.
13. What does Pierce witness being taken from Lilly's work apartment in Chapter 16?
(a) A peice of flooring.
(b) The mattress.
(c) Her body.
(d) The bed.
14. Why does Pierce tell his elevator companions in Chapter 19 that he needs to return to the lobby?
(a) He forgot to lock his car.
(b) He forgot to tip the bellboy.
(c) Something about them makes him nervous.
(d) He needs to check his laundry.
15. Posters of what Dr. Seuss book decorate the walls of the lab at Pierce's company?
(a) Hop on Pop.
(b) Green Eggs and Ham.
(c) Horton Hears a Who.
(d) The Cat in the Hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Pierce give Renner in Chapter 14 for investigating Lilly Quinlan's disappearance?
2. What nickname does Nicole use for Pierce?
3. What is on a voice command in all the rooms of Pierce's workplace?
4. Who are the Fighting Moles?
5. How much money does Pierce want to continue his research over the next three years?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)