|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Pierce a caricature of himself that hangs on the wall of his office?
(b) His mother.
2. What does Robin ask Pierce to buy for her before she will see him?
(a) A strawberry smoothie.
(b) A boquet of flowers.
(c) A box of candies.
(d) A pizza.
3. What does Monica call Pierce when she is unhappy with an assignment he gives her?
(a) Dr. Pierce.
(d) Mr. Pierce.
4. Who are the Doomsters?
(a) Pierce's college buddies from Stanford.
(b) Pierce's nemisises in college.
(c) Characters from a Scorsese movie.
(d) Characters in a Dean Koontz novel.
5. Why does Pierce look under the blotter on the desk of the front reception area at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited?
(a) To steal a membership to one of the adult websites.
(b) To find more information on Lilly.
(c) To find a password.
(d) To steal money.
6. Whose idea was it to place items in the rooms of Pierce's workplace on voice command to impress visitors?
(d) Charlie Condon.
7. Posters of what Dr. Seuss book decorate the walls of the lab at Pierce's company?
(a) Horton Hears a Who.
(b) Green Eggs and Ham.
(c) Hop on Pop.
(d) The Cat in the Hat.
8. Why does Pierce tell Renner about Robin in Chapter 15?
(a) He needs a reason for why he knew to call Mrs. Quinlan.
(b) He is trying to be honest.
(c) He is covering his own tracks.
(d) He thinks she killed Lilly.
9. Who is Henry Pierce?
(a) President of Bronson Technologies.
(b) President of Pierce Technologies.
(c) President of Amedeo Technologies.
(d) President of Proteus Technologies.
10. Who calls Pierce at the end of Chapter 17 and agrees to meet to discuss Lilly Quinlan?
(a) Philip Glass.
(b) Billy Wentz.
(c) Grady Allison.
11. What does Chasing the Dime mean?
(a) Chasing after the technology to create a computer the size of a dime.
(b) Chasing after love.
(c) Chasing after riches.
(d) Chasing after success.
12. Why are there two bedrooms in Robin's apartment?
(a) She sleeps in one and entertains in the other.
(b) She has a kid.
(c) She shares with another girl, Cleo.
(d) For the occassional guest.
13. Why does the private detective Mrs. Quinlan hired tell Pierce he agreed to meet him in Chapter 18?
(a) To inform the police of his interference in the case.
(b) To help Mrs. Quinlan.
(c) To give him all he had on the investigation.
(d) To warn him to back off.
14. Why did the private detective Mrs. Quinlan hired to find Lilly stop searching?
(a) He did not think it a case worth pursuing.
(b) She did not pay him enough.
(c) He could not find anything of use.
(d) He found her.
15. Who does Pierce learn Monica has been talking to about him in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Nicole use for Pierce?
2. Whose number does Wentz find on Pierce's caller ID that makes him angry?
3. What is Arbadac Arba?
4. What memory of the Ferris wheel on the Santa Monica pier does Pierce repeatedly think of throughout the novel?
5. Why does the girl at Entrepreneurial Concepts Unlimited suggest the boss chose to leave Lilly's site up even though she had stopped paying?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)