|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the actress Laura Keene use as a passport into the President's box at Ford's Theater where Abraham Lincoln lay dying?
(a) A pitcher of water.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pile of clean sheets.
2. What piece of medical equipment did Dr. Charles Leale send a hospital steward to retrieve so that he could work on Lincoln's brain in hopes of saving him?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A Nelaton probe.
(c) A tracheotomy tube.
(d) A cauterizing gun.
3. What weapons did Lewis Powell bring to William Seward's house, intending to kill him?
(a) A sword and a knife.
(b) A revolver and a knife.
(c) A pistol and a revolver.
(d) A pistol and a knife.
4. What words did John Wilkes Booth shout after killing Lincoln and after shouting the state motto of Virginia?
(a) The South is avenged.
(b) Slavery forever.
(c) The South has won.
(d) Long live the Confederacy.
5. How many slaves had Dr. Samuel Mudd owned before The Emancipation Proclamation was enacted by Abraham Lincoln?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did the Civil War last?
2. When Secretary of War Edwin Stanton realized that he could not continue with the manhunt for the assassins since he had so many other duties to take care of, to whom does he delegate the manhunt responsibility?
3. What color uniforms did Southern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
4. What previous act had John Wilkes Booth and his conspirators plotted in 1864 that had never come to fruition?
5. What did Lewis Powell carry with him to William Sewards' door in order to make his lie more believable?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)