|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color uniforms did Southern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
2. Who was the photographer who had both photographed Abraham Lincoln many times during Lincoln's life and was responsible for photographing the crime scene after Lincoln's assassination?
(a) Matthew Brady.
(b) Laura Keene.
(c) Lewis Powell.
(d) John Surratt.
3. What was the cause of William Seward's injuries that caused him to be healing in bed when the assassination attempt on his life was made?
(a) A fall.
(b) An arrow wound.
(c) A carriage accident.
(d) A ferris wheel accident.
4. What was the subject of Lincoln's dream the night before the assassination, as recorded by Secretary Welles in his diary?
5. On the night of the Torchlight Parade, who scooped up Abraham Lincoln's speech pages as he finished them and dropped them to the floor?
(a) William Seward's daughter.
(b) Lincoln's wife Mary Todd.
(c) Lincoln's son Tad.
(d) General Ulysses S. Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only audience member at Ford's Theater the night of the assassination to chase after John Wilkes Booth after the shooting?
2. What does the word secede mean?
3. What sound did John Wilkes Booth hear during Thomas Jones' visit to the forest hideout that terrified him?
4. What had John Wilkes Booth hidden along the carpet earlier in the day that he then used to barricade the door to the Presidential box behind him?
5. What happened to the Ford Theater as a result of its purported association with the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)