|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII-XIV & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to Mary Surratt's door at the precise moment her boarding house was being searched by soldiers?
(a) William Seward.
(b) Lewis Powell.
(c) David Herold.
(d) George Atzerodt.
2. What happened to the Ford Theater as a result of its purported association with the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) It was blown up with dynamite.
(b) It was burned down.
(c) It was shuttered forever and never showed another play.
(d) It was confiscated from the Ford family.
3. Who asked Dr. Charles Leale to treat him first, before the doctor tended to Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Colonel Murray.
(b) Captain Stargazer.
(c) Sergeant Robinson.
(d) Major Rathbone.
4. Who shot John Wilkes Booth?
(a) David Herold.
(b) John Garrett.
(c) Boston Corbett.
(d) Lafayette Baker.
5. On what date did Richmond, Virginia, the capital city of the Confederate States of America, fall to Union forces?
(a) April 3, 1870.
(b) April 3, 1866.
(c) April 3, 1865.
(d) April 3, 1863.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did John Wilkes Booth and David Herold hope to escape into by crossing a major river, since that state's population was full of Confederate sympathizers?
2. After Thomas Jones had been released from jail in April of 1865, for what purpose did he visit Richmond, Virginia?
3. Who commuted Dr. Samuel Mudd's prison sentence?
4. What was the name of John Wilkes Booth's sister, whose home detectives raided in an effort to find anything associated with John Wilkes Booth?
5. How did John Wilkes Booth describe his own hands with his last words?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)