|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does James L. Swanson cite for an autopsy having been performed on Abraham Lincoln, though it was clear what had caused his death?
(a) The doctors were paid by opportunists to perform the autopsy and they were experiencing morbid curiosity.
(b) The doctors wanted the bullet and they were experiencing morbid curiosity.
(c) The doctors had to perform an autopsy by law since it had been a homicide and they wanted the bullet.
(d) The doctors wanted to study the effects of epilepsy and they were experiencing morbid curiosity.
2. What rule was in place about the bridge that John Wilkes Booth intended to cross on his escape into Maryland?
(a) Anyone crossing the bridge had to pay a toll.
(b) No one was allowed to take a horse over the bridge.
(c) No one was allowed to cross the bridge after dark.
(d) Any crossing the bridge had to dismount his horse and walk his horse over the bridge.
3. What monument in Washington, D.C. had recently been completed at the time of Lincoln's inauguration in 1865?
(a) The Smithsonian Museum.
(b) The Lincoln monument.
(c) The Capitol dome.
(d) The Washington monument.
4. What was the name of the prison where all of the assassination co-conspirators were sent once captured?
(a) Leavenworth Prison.
(b) Sing Sing Prison.
(c) Old Capitol Prison.
(d) San Quentin Prison.
5. What was the role of Charles Forbes, the only man sitting outside of the Lincolns' theater box seat?
(a) The Rathbones' servant.
(b) The Lincolns' servant.
(c) The theater's security guard.
(d) The head of the Secret Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniforms did Northern soldiers wear during the Civil War?
2. When John Wilkes Booth first met Thomas Jones, what did John Wilkes Booth say about his own possible capture?
3. What action did Dr. Samuel Mudd take when he realized that eventually soldiers or detectives would discover that John Wilkes Booth and David Herold had been at his farm after the assassination?
4. What time of day did Thomas Jones think would be the best time for John Wilkes Booth and David Herold to cross the river and escape into the next state?
5. For how many years did the Civil War last?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)