|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did one audience member report hearing John Wilkes Booth speak as he ran from the stage toward the wings?
(a) "I will be famous."
(b) "At last, freedom."
(c) "I have done it."
(d) "He is dead."
2. Worried that Lewis Powell or other assassins might return to the house, what action did Fanny Seward take throughout the night after the attack?
(a) She kept candles burning in every room.
(b) She searched the house.
(c) She stockpiled firearms inside her father's room.
(d) She barricaded the door of her father's room.
3. What was the subject of the photographs John Wilkes Booth took with him the night of the assassination?
(a) The Confederate flag.
(b) His mother.
(c) His children.
(d) His five favorite girlfriends.
4. Though it would have been easy for John Wilkes Booth to gain an audience with President Lincoln within the Executive Mansion due to Booth's acting fame, why did he not take that action?
(a) He wanted the dramatic setting of a theater.
(b) He did not see any honor in shooting a man within his own home.
(c) He was too scared to use so brazen a method.
(d) He knew it would be too difficult to escape from the Executive Mansion alive.
5. What query did Laura Keene make of Dr. Charles Leale after she gained entry to the President's box where Lincoln lay dying?
(a) She asked if she could gather some of Abraham Lincoln's blood.
(b) She asked if she could cradle Abraham Lincoln's head in her lap.
(c) She asked if she could cut a lock of Abraham Lincoln's hair.
(d) She asked if she could have Abraham Lincoln's boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title did the day of Abraham Lincoln's death come to be called?
2. When Lewis Powell got outside and found that Herold had fled with the getaway carriage, what did he do?
3. Who was the only other person in William Seward's bedroom besides William Seward and Fanny Seward?
4. Where did Lewis Powell sleep on the two nights subsequent to the events at William Seward's house?
5. Who was the only actor on stage when Booth made his leap from the balcony?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)