Preface & Chapters I & II
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Swanson, James L. Chasing Lincoln's Killer. Scholastic Press, 2009. E-book.
• The preface of the book covers the years 1861-1865.
• The Civil War was a violent conflict between the North and the South and revolved around the Southern states' wish to secede from the rest of the country and continue their practice of slavery.
• By the time General Robert E. Lee surrendered on behalf of the South, more than 600,000 people had died as a result of the war.
• Even though Lee had surrendered, some armies continued to fight and there were many on the side of the Confederacy who were unwilling to take Lee's surrender lying down.
• On the day of Abraham Lincoln's inauguration at the start of his second term in office, he gave a speech in front of the newly completed...
This section contains 5,094 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)