|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the neighbors brought to Maeve's house?
2. Maeve learns that Billy's body has been taken to _____________________.
(a) The VA Hospital
(b) The morgue
(c) The police station
(d) NYU Medical Center
3. Eva tells Billy that Mary has been married ________ times.
4. The first time Billy had gone to dinner at Maeve's, she spills ______________ on the floor.
5. What is the name of Dennis' wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Dennis' personnel file?
2. Who stays to help Maeve through the night after Billy's funeral?
3. Who arrives at the house to calm Maeve?
4. Who had sent Maeve the item stuck in the mirror?
5. On the night Billy is buried, Dennis' daughter asks him if he still _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter exemplify the differences between how families have changed between Dennis' generation and that of his children?
2. Explain the role of Maeve's father in her relationship with Billy.
3. What does Eva tell Billy about her deception?
4. What happens when Dennis makes a service call to a black church?
5. How would Billy's life had been different had he married Eva, at least according to Dan Lynch?
6. Explain the symbolism of the postcard Billy sent Maeve many years ago.
7. What does Dan share about Billy and Maeve's relationship the night of the funeral?
8. What does Maeve share about the night that Billy died?
9. How does Dennis' faith in Billy's dream extend past practicality?
10. How does Dennis respond when his daughter asks him about his faith now?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)