|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis do with the item the minister gives him?
(a) Throws it in the trash
(b) Puts it in his pocket
(c) Drops it on the ground
(d) Smashes it against a wall
2. Maeve's father was Billy's first ______________________.
(a) Drinking buddy
3. What does Dennis do after everyone is notified of Billy's death?
(a) Goes to a bar
(b) Goes to sleep
(c) Goes to the beach
(d) Goes back to work
4. What does Dennis do when he comes into Maeve's house?
(a) Turns on the stereo
(b) Takes the dog for a walk
(c) Hugs Maeve
(d) Puts beer in the refrigerator
5. What year does Billy go to Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maeve do when she hears Dennis' voice?
2. Where do people gather on the evening of Billy's funeral?
3. Eva tells Billy that Mary _____________________________.
4. What does the minister give Dennis to ensure the work get completed sooner?
5. What does Maeve do when she realizes the voice she heard belongs to Dennis, not Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dennis makes a service call to a black church?
2. What does Dennis' daughter find in Maeve's bedroom?
3. Explain the symbolism of the postcard Billy sent Maeve many years ago.
4. How did a friendship between Maeve and Dennis begin to form?
5. What does Dennis do on the day that Billy dies?
6. How does the theme of love extend in Chapter 8?
7. When does Dennis admit to losing his faith?
8. What does Maeve recall doing to insure that she would see Billy more than once?
9. What does Maeve recall about her first date with Billy?
10. How would Billy's life had been different had he married Eva, at least according to Dan Lynch?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)