|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maeve get upset when she hears Dennis speaking to the dog?
(a) He is talking too loud
(b) He is too harsh with the dog
(c) She thinks it is Billy
(d) He is using foul language
2. Which one of the following is not gathered after Billy's funeral?
(b) Dennis' daughter
(c) Father Shannon
(d) Dan Lynch
3. Eva tells Billy that Mary has been married ________ times.
4. Who stays to help Maeve through the night after Billy's funeral?
(d) Dennis' daughter
5. What does Maeve do in the early days of her courtship with Billy in order to get to see him?
(a) Joins his church
(b) Sits in the coffee shop across the street
(c) Drives up and down his street
(d) Throws her father's shoes down the incinerator and has to go to the shoe store
Short Answer Questions
1. Maeve learns that Billy's body has been taken to _____________________.
2. What is Billy's attitude when he approaches Dennis about the deception about Eva?
3. The first time Billy had gone to dinner at Maeve's, she spills ______________ on the floor.
4. What does Dennis' daughter see stuck in the mirror in Maeve's bedroom?
5. Where does Dennis go on a service call that afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dan share about Billy and Maeve's relationship the night of the funeral?
2. What does Maeve share about the night that Billy died?
3. How does Dennis' faith in Billy's dream extend past practicality?
4. How does this chapter exemplify the differences between how families have changed between Dennis' generation and that of his children?
5. What does Dennis do on the day that Billy dies?
6. How does the theme of love extend in Chapter 8?
7. How do Dennis' kids manage their father's grief after their mother dies?
8. What does the episode with the black minister remind Dennis of?
9. How does Dennis respond when his daughter asks him about his faith now?
10. What shocking information does Billy get in the flashback in Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)