|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis do when he comes into Maeve's house?
(a) Turns on the stereo
(b) Hugs Maeve
(c) Takes the dog for a walk
(d) Puts beer in the refrigerator
2. What had happened on the night Dennis was denied a promotion?
(a) Eva died
(b) Billy called to talk about Eva
(c) Dennis' daughter was born
(d) Dennis' wife got sick
3. What is the name of Dennis' wife?
4. What episode is Dennis reminded of when the minister tries to bribe him?
(a) When he lost a promotion for taking a bribe
(b) When he dropped out of the church
(c) When he stopped believing in anything spiritual
(d) When he got fired from his first job
5. Who would help Maeve get Billy to bed when he was drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most people tell Dennis to do after his wife dies?
2. The first time Billy had gone to dinner at Maeve's, she spills ______________ on the floor.
3. With whom does Dennis' daughter fall in love?
4. What does Maeve do when she realizes the voice she heard belongs to Dennis, not Billy?
5. What does Billy write on a post card for Maeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Billy's life had been different had he married Eva, at least according to Dan Lynch?
2. What does Maeve recall doing to insure that she would see Billy more than once?
3. What does Dennis' daughter find in Maeve's bedroom?
4. What does Maeve recall about her first date with Billy?
5. What does the episode with the black minister remind Dennis of?
6. What happens when Maeve hears Dennis' voice in the house?
7. How does Dennis' faith in Billy's dream extend past practicality?
8. Who is the person who ultimately brings some calm to the mourners at Maeve's house?
9. How do Dennis' kids manage their father's grief after their mother dies?
10. What does Dennis do on the day that Billy dies?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)