|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the neighbors brought to Maeve's house?
2. Maeve's father always reminded Maeve that ______________________________.
(a) Billy was marrying her out of pity
(b) Billy wouldn't have married her if he didn't have to
(c) Billy had loved someone else before her
(d) she was not very pretty
3. Dennis tells his daughter that he ______________________.
(a) Is too tired to think about religion
(b) Hates God
(c) Believes everything now
(d) Wants to convert to Catholicism
4. Who sits all night with Maeve on the night that Billy dies?
(a) Her neighbor
(c) Dennis' daughter
5. Who would help Maeve get Billy to bed when he was drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had sent Maeve the item stuck in the mirror?
2. What is in Dennis' personnel file?
3. What do most people tell Dennis to do after his wife dies?
4. When does Dennis lose his faith?
5. Why had Dennis accepted the bribe money all those years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dennis makes a service call to a black church?
2. What shocking information does Billy get in the flashback in Chapter 12?
3. How would Billy's life had been different had he married Eva, at least according to Dan Lynch?
4. What does Eva tell Billy about her deception?
5. How does Dennis' faith in Billy's dream extend past practicality?
6. What is the setting for Chapter 7?
7. What does Dennis do on the day that Billy dies?
8. How do Dennis' kids manage their father's grief after their mother dies?
9. What does Maeve recall doing to insure that she would see Billy more than once?
10. What is Dennis' daughter's relationship with Matt, the tenant's son?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)