|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
(a) Her children
(b) Her church work
(c) Her job
(d) Her new husband
2. Where is Dennis' stepfather's home located?
(c) Long Island
3. What was the man's profession?
(b) Police officer
(d) Insurance salesman
4. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They both had brown eyes
(b) They had the same birth date
(c) They were both alcoholics
(d) They both had curly hair
5. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Billy Lynch
(b) Maeve Lynch
(c) Mary Lynch
(d) Ava Lynch
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
2. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
3. What was Billy known for giving to people?
4. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
5. What was Dennis' father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Billy's alcoholism?
2. What is the mood of the lunch when Dennis and his daughter take Billy after they pick him up at the train station?
3. How does Billy's promise to Eva come about?
4. Who is the Irish girl?
5. What do Billy's relatives recall about him at the bar?
6. How do Dennis and Billy meet the two sisters from Ireland?
7. Explain the irony of Billy's stopping to see Dennis when he returns from Ireland.
8. How has Dennis' mother, Sheila, finally feel happy in her life?
9. What is revealed about Maeve's history and character in Chapter 6?
10. What job do Dennis and Billy take on after they return from the war in 1945?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)