|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(a) Bus station
(b) Amtrak station
(d) Train station
2. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
(c) South America
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
(a) It is wrong
(b) It will require more lies
(c) It is the right thing to do
(d) It will protect Billy
4. What does Matt offer Dennis' daughter?
(a) A beach umbrella
(b) A ride home
(c) A beach towel
(d) Some sunscreen
5. What is the name of the young woman who comes to the shoe store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy promise to send money?
2. What does Eva reveal in the letter?
3. Who owns the Long Island house now?
4. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
5. How did Dennis' wife die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony of Billy's stopping to see Dennis when he returns from Ireland.
2. Why does Dennis want to protect Billy's dream of Eva from his mother, Sheila?
3. Explain the variances on the theme of love in Chapter 6.
4. How did Billy meet Maeve?
5. What arrangements has Dennis made to be at the Long Island house when Billy returns from Ireland in 1975?
6. How has Dennis' mother, Sheila, finally feel happy in her life?
7. How does Dennis' desire to see Billy succeed impact Dennis negatively?
8. How does Maeve begin to work herself into Billy's life?
9. What do Billy's relatives recall about him at the bar?
10. How does Billy's promise to Eva come about?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)