|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Boating accident
2. How did Sheila get to work each day?
3. What does Eva send Billy when he requests shoe sizes?
(a) A detailed letter
(b) Tracings of her and her sisters' feet
(c) Requests for shoe styles
(d) A refusal of the offer of shoes
4. What is the employment of one of the girls?
5. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Billy Lynch
(b) Maeve Lynch
(c) Ava Lynch
(d) Mary Lynch
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
2. Where does Billy go to pass the time while waiting for Eva to come from Ireland?
3. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
4. Where had Billy worked after the war?
5. What does Billy tell Dennis while at lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Long Island house and how did Dennis come to own it?
2. How does Dennis' desire to see Billy succeed impact Dennis negatively?
3. What arrangements has Dennis made to be at the Long Island house when Billy returns from Ireland in 1975?
4. How has Dennis' mother, Sheila, finally feel happy in her life?
5. Where does Dennis take Billy to tell him the truth about Eva?
6. How does Maeve begin to work herself into Billy's life?
7. What is the irony of Billy's alcoholism?
8. How did Billy meet Maeve?
9. What had Sheila's life been like after her parents died?
10. Describe how Billy's behavior is not far fetched, given the post-war climate they live in.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)