|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sheila's new husband's profession?
(a) Utilities worker
(b) Postal worker
(c) Shoe store owner
2. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
3. What topic is mentioned that elicits powerful responses?
(a) Billy's illegitimate child
(b) Billy's bar tab
(c) The Irish girl
(d) Billy's bankruptcy
4. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Mary Lynch
(b) Ava Lynch
(c) Billy Lynch
(d) Maeve Lynch
5. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman who comes to the shoe store?
2. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
3. Why does Billy promise to send money?
4. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
5. How did Dennis' wife die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the foreshadowing of Dennis' daughter meeting Matt in Chapter 3.
2. What is the irony of Billy's alcoholism?
3. What was Billy's habit of writing notes to people?
4. What shocking news had Dennis received from Eva's sister, Mary?
5. How does the relationship between the Irish girls and Dennis and Billy evolve?
6. Why does Dennis decide to tell Billy that Eva had died?
7. How do Dennis and Billy meet the two sisters from Ireland?
8. When does Billy find out the real truth about Eva?
9. What is the irony of Billy's picking out shoes for Eva and her sister on the same day that Maeve comes into the store to buy shoes?
10. Explain the variances on the theme of love in Chapter 6.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)