|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Eva have?
2. What is an important theme in this chapter?
3. How do Dennis' kids want Dennis to grieve?
(a) The way he wanted to
4. Who had sent Maeve the item stuck in the mirror?
5. With whom does Dennis' daughter fall in love?
6. What does Dennis do after everyone is notified of Billy's death?
(a) Goes to a bar
(b) Goes to sleep
(c) Goes to the beach
(d) Goes back to work
7. Eva tells Billy that Mary has been married ________ times.
8. Who would help Maeve get her father to bed when he was drunk?
9. Dennis tells his daughter that he ______________________.
(a) Wants to convert to Catholicism
(b) Hates God
(c) Believes everything now
(d) Is too tired to think about religion
10. What does Billy do when he arrives in Ireland?
(a) Rents a car
(b) Walks on the beach
(c) Goes to his hotel
(d) Goes to church
11. What year does Billy go to Ireland?
12. Dennis' daughter knows that Dennis wants to tell Dan _______________________.
(a) About his new car
(b) About being in love with Maeve
(c) About losing his job
(d) The truth about Eva
13. Who does not encourage Dennis to cry?
(a) His minister
(b) His father-in-law
(d) His kids
14. What is Billy's attitude when he approaches Dennis about the deception about Eva?
(a) He is resigned
(b) He is sullen
(c) He is relieved
(d) He is furious
15. What does the black minister think Dennis is?
(a) A bigot
(b) A saint
(c) A professional
(d) A slacker
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dennis' wife?
2. Dan tells Dennis and his daughter that no one thought Billy would ________________________.
3. What does Dennis do when he comes into Maeve's house?
4. What self-centered behavior do Dennis' children exhibit after their mother dies?
5. Why does Maeve get upset when she hears Dennis speaking to the dog?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)