|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who identifies Billy's body on the day he dies?
2. What have the neighbors brought to Maeve's house?
3. What does Maeve do in the early days of her courtship with Billy in order to get to see him?
(a) Drives up and down his street
(b) Sits in the coffee shop across the street
(c) Throws her father's shoes down the incinerator and has to go to the shoe store
(d) Joins his church
4. Billy is shocked to find out that Eva _______________________.
(a) Is buried in another part of Ireland
(b) Saved all the money he had sent to her
(c) Wrote him letters and never sent them
(d) Is the station manager's wife
5. Where do people gather on the evening of Billy's funeral?
(a) Buster's Bar
(c) Maeve's living room
(d) The Last Chance Bar
6. What does Billy do when he arrives in Ireland?
(a) Goes to church
(b) Walks on the beach
(c) Goes to his hotel
(d) Rents a car
7. Who would help Maeve get Billy to bed when he was drunk?
8. What does Dennis do when he comes into Maeve's house?
(a) Turns on the stereo
(b) Takes the dog for a walk
(c) Hugs Maeve
(d) Puts beer in the refrigerator
9. Why is Dennis especially upset about Billy's grief over Eva?
(a) It is based on a lie he told
(b) He is in love with Eva
(c) He is Billy's step-brother
(d) He had told Billy to forget Eva
10. Who gives Billy directions?
(a) A customer
(b) The store manager
(c) The station owner's wife
(d) The bartender
11. What happened to Maeve when she used to help Billy to bed when he was drunk?
(a) She got bruises
(b) She was cursed at
(c) She was derided
(d) She fell down the steps
12. What episode is Dennis reminded of when the minister tries to bribe him?
(a) When he lost a promotion for taking a bribe
(b) When he got fired from his first job
(c) When he dropped out of the church
(d) When he stopped believing in anything spiritual
13. Where does Dennis go on a service call that afternoon?
(a) A hospital
(b) A school
(c) A restaurant
(d) A black church
14. Maeve learns that Billy's body has been taken to _____________________.
(a) The VA Hospital
(b) The police station
(c) NYU Medical Center
(d) The morgue
15. Where does Billy ask Maeve to go after dinner?
(a) A movie
(b) The coffee shop
(c) A bar
(d) The ice cream shop
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night Billy is buried, Dennis' daughter asks him if he still _________________________.
2. Who helps Maeve with Billy's funeral arrangements?
3. What does Dan Lynch insist of Dennis and his daughter?
4. Who arrives at the house to calm Maeve?
5. How do Dennis' kids want Dennis to grieve?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)