|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis do when he comes into Maeve's house?
(a) Hugs Maeve
(b) Puts beer in the refrigerator
(c) Takes the dog for a walk
(d) Turns on the stereo
2. How do Dennis' kids want Dennis to grieve?
(d) The way he wanted to
3. What do most people tell Dennis to do after his wife dies?
(a) Throw things
(b) Pound the wall
4. The author points out the differences in _________________.
(b) The sexes
5. What does Dennis talk to Dan Lynch about on the drive home?
(a) The Yankees
(b) Snow tires
(d) Death and religion
6. What self-centered behavior do Dennis' children exhibit after their mother dies?
(a) They don't travel to attend the funeral
(b) They do not call their father
(c) They leave as soon as she is buried
(d) They leave to go about their own lives
7. With whom does Dennis' daughter fall in love?
8. Maeve tells the group about the day Billy ____________.
(b) Sent her that post card
(c) Asked her to marry him
9. Who stays to help Maeve through the night after Billy's funeral?
(c) Dennis' daughter
10. Who identifies Billy's body on the day he dies?
11. What had Maeve drunk on an empty stomach?
12. How many children does Eva have?
13. Eva tells Billy that Mary _____________________________.
(a) Entered the convent
(b) Died a few years ago
(c) Never forgave Eva for her deception
(d) Moved to Italy
14. Dennis' daughter is not sure Dennis __________________________.
(a) Can live by himself
(b) Is telling the truth
(c) Knows who she is
(d) Can drive anymore
15. Why is Dennis especially upset about Billy's grief over Eva?
(a) It is based on a lie he told
(b) He is Billy's step-brother
(c) He had told Billy to forget Eva
(d) He is in love with Eva
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had sent Maeve the item stuck in the mirror?
2. Which one of the following is not gathered after Billy's funeral?
3. When does Dennis lose his faith?
4. What does Maeve do when she realizes the voice she heard belongs to Dennis, not Billy?
5. What episode is Dennis reminded of when the minister tries to bribe him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)