|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
(a) Mr. Grey
(b) Mr. Heilman
(c) Mr. Huffman
(d) Mr. Holtzman
2. Dennis and Billy plan to return to their jobs at ______________.
(c) Con Ed
3. Where had Billy met Eva?
(a) A church in Brooklyn
(b) A house on Long Island
(c) A bar in the Bronx
(d) A bar in Dublin
4. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a degenerate
(c) Like a nuisance
(d) Like a rich customer
5. Where did Sheila work so she could continue going to school?
(a) A cafe
(b) A bakery
(c) A department store
(d) A pet shop
6. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She has become a nun
(b) She is a lesbian
(c) She left Ireland with no forwarding address
(d) She is dead
7. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
8. What topic is mentioned that elicits powerful responses?
(a) The Irish girl
(b) Billy's bankruptcy
(c) Billy's bar tab
(d) Billy's illegitimate child
9. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His father-in-law
(b) His son
(c) His neighbor
(d) His daughter
10. Whose funeral has just been held at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Dan Lynch
(b) Billy Lynch
(c) Dennis Lynch
(d) Maeve Lynch
11. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
(a) A young woman and her drunken father
12. What does Mr. Holtzman's assistant think about the young woman?
(a) She is too shy to talk to anyone
(b) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen
(c) She would be a good employee
(d) She has a crush on Billy
13. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
(a) When a classmate saw Eva in Ireland
(b) When he went to Ireland
(c) Shortly before he died
(d) When Eva sent him a telegram
14. How did Sheila get to work each day?
15. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
(a) Out for ice cream
(b) On a boat ride
(c) On a tour of the island
(d) To the theater
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva die of according to Billy's sister, Kate?
2. Who comes to the shoe store on the day that Billy learns that Eva has died?
3. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. How did Dennis' wife die?
5. What relation is Dennis Lynch to the person whose funeral has just been held?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)