|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eva's sister show to Dennis one night?
(a) A haunted house
(b) A new car
(c) A murder scene
(d) A letter
2. Who do Dennis and Billy see on the beach?
(a) Two girls and seven children
(b) A swimming class
(c) Boat repairmen
(d) A senior citizens group
3. What was Dennis' father's name?
4. What is Sheila's new husband's profession?
(a) Utilities worker
(b) Postal worker
(c) Shoe store owner
5. Which of the following is not mentioned about Billy Lynch at the funeral reception?
(a) What a good man he was
(b) His education
(c) How hard he worked
(d) His great nature
6. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Mary Lynch
(b) Billy Lynch
(c) Maeve Lynch
(d) Ava Lynch
7. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
(a) When a classmate saw Eva in Ireland
(b) Shortly before he died
(c) When he went to Ireland
(d) When Eva sent him a telegram
8. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
(a) A country lane
(b) The park
(c) Lover's Lane
(d) The beach
9. Where did Billy meet Maeve?
(a) Shoe store
(d) Dance hall
10. Where did Sheila work so she could continue going to school?
(a) A pet shop
(b) A department store
(c) A cafe
(d) A bakery
11. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is not surprised
(b) He is only slightly surprised
(c) He is devastated
(d) He is confused
12. What does Eva reveal in the letter?
(a) She married a childhood sweetheart
(b) She has joined a convent
(c) She has a terminal illness
(d) She is dropping out of the family
13. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His father-in-law
(b) His daughter
(c) His son
(d) His neighbor
14. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
15. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Eva and Marina
(b) Eva and Mary
(c) Esther and Mary
(d) Ellen and Marina
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
2. When did Dennis get possession of the Long Island house?
3. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
4. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
5. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)