|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Billy return from Ireland?
2. What does Billy tell Dennis while at lunch?
(a) He never wants to go to Ireland again
(b) He had seen Eva in Ireland
(c) He is going back to Ireland
(d) He has a fatal disease
3. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Prepares dinner
(c) Serves iced tea
(d) Swims in the bay
4. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
(a) Mr. Huffman
(b) Mr. Holtzman
(c) Mr. Grey
(d) Mr. Heilman
5. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
6. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is devastated
(b) He is confused
(c) He is not surprised
(d) He is only slightly surprised
7. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
(a) Her children
(b) Her church work
(c) Her job
(d) Her new husband
8. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
(a) Car accident
(b) Heart disease
(c) Lead poisoning
9. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His father-in-law
(b) His neighbor
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
10. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
(a) A bar
(b) The movies
(c) A cafe
(d) The arcade
11. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(a) Boating accident
(c) Heart disease
12. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A bar
(b) A school hall
(c) A K of C Hall
(d) A restaurant
13. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
(a) Go out looking for girls
(b) Drink some beer
(c) Cruise in their cars
(d) Swim in the bay
14. Billy is forever smitten with Eva's _____________.
15. Dennis thinks that his mother is a ____________________.
(a) Dream killer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy coerce one of the little girls to go to bed?
2. Why does Dennis tell Billy he needs to go with him to the house on Long Island?
3. Who wrote the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
5. Where had Billy met Eva?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)