|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(a) Bus station
(b) Amtrak station
(c) Train station
2. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A bar
(b) A K of C Hall
(c) A school hall
(d) A restaurant
3. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
(a) Car accident
(b) Heart disease
(c) Lead poisoning
4. Where does Billy go to pass the time while waiting for Eva to come from Ireland?
(b) Coney Island
(d) Atlantic City
5. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Boating accident
6. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She died
(c) She married another man
(d) She does not love him
7. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
8. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
(a) Her church work
(b) Her job
(c) Her new husband
(d) Her children
9. Who owns the Long Island house now?
10. What was Billy known for giving to people?
11. What was Dennis' father's name?
12. What event has just occurred at the beginning of Chapter 1?
13. Billy is forever smitten with Eva's _____________.
14. What did Eva do with the money Billy had been sending her to come to America?
(a) Bought a gas station in their hometown
(b) Gave it to charity
(c) Took a cruise
(d) Bought a house
15. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
(c) A young woman and her drunken father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
2. What did Eva's sister show to Dennis one night?
3. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
4. Who wrote the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)