|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eva reveal in the letter?
(a) She has a terminal illness
(b) She is dropping out of the family
(c) She has joined a convent
(d) She married a childhood sweetheart
2. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They were both alcoholics
(b) They both had curly hair
(c) They both had brown eyes
(d) They had the same birth date
3. What relation is Dennis Lynch to the person whose funeral has just been held?
4. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) An orphanage
(b) The YWCA
(c) With an aunt and uncle
(d) A foster home
5. What did Eva do with the money Billy had been sending her to come to America?
(a) Bought a gas station in their hometown
(b) Gave it to charity
(c) Took a cruise
(d) Bought a house
6. What does Dennis' daughter agree to do with Matt?
(a) Drive into the city
(b) Go out on a date
(c) Cook dinner
(d) Take a class
7. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
(a) Heart disease
(b) Lead poisoning
(d) Car accident
8. Which of the following is not mentioned about Billy Lynch at the funeral reception?
(a) His education
(b) His great nature
(c) What a good man he was
(d) How hard he worked
9. What is the name of the young woman who comes to the shoe store?
10. Who wrote the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
11. What does Billy promise Eva?
(a) To find her a job
(b) To buy her a new wardrobe
(c) To marry her
(d) To send her money
12. What does Mr. Holtzman's assistant think about the young woman?
(a) She has a crush on Billy
(b) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen
(c) She would be a good employee
(d) She is too shy to talk to anyone
13. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
14. Why does Dennis tell Billy he needs to go with him to the house on Long Island?
(a) To meet a realtor
(b) To set up for a party
(c) To do some landscaping
(d) To check for storm damage
15. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(d) Con Ed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
2. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
3. What is the time period when Chapter 4 begins?
4. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
5. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)