|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
2. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She died
(b) She married another man
(c) She does not love him
(d) She has cancer
3. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His neighbor
(b) His daughter
(c) His son
(d) His father-in-law
4. What have Dennis and Billy just done as Chapter 4 begins?
(a) Graduated college
(b) Taken a cruise
(c) Returned from a fishing trip
(d) Returned from war
5. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She is a lesbian
(b) She left Ireland with no forwarding address
(c) She is dead
(d) She has become a nun
6. What does Billy promise Eva?
(a) To find her a job
(b) To send her money
(c) To buy her a new wardrobe
(d) To marry her
7. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
(a) Heart disease
(b) Lead poisoning
(d) Car accident
8. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
9. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) A foster home
(b) An orphanage
(c) With an aunt and uncle
(d) The YWCA
10. Why had Sheila been passed from relative to relative for several years?
(a) Her parents abused her
(b) Her parents had died
(c) Her parents kicked her out
(d) Her parents did not want her
11. In what year does Billy return from Ireland?
12. Who was Eva's sister?
13. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
(a) Shoe Store
(c) Gas station
14. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is not surprised
(b) He is confused
(c) He is only slightly surprised
(d) He is devastated
15. Who owns the Long Island house now?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
2. What is the employment of one of the girls?
3. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
4. How did Sheila get to work each day?
5. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)