|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
(a) A country lane
(b) The park
(c) Lover's Lane
(d) The beach
2. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His son
(b) His daughter
(c) His father-in-law
(d) His neighbor
3. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Prepares dinner
(c) Serves iced tea
(d) Swims in the bay
4. Where did Sheila work so she could continue going to school?
(a) A bakery
(b) A pet shop
(c) A cafe
(d) A department store
5. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
(a) Gas station
(b) Shoe Store
6. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is only slightly surprised
(b) He is not surprised
(c) He is devastated
(d) He is confused
7. Dennis and Billy plan to return to their jobs at ______________.
(c) Con Ed
8. What was the cause of death of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(b) Alcohol poisoning
(c) Car accident
(d) Heart attack
9. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) The YWCA
(b) A foster home
(c) With an aunt and uncle
(d) An orphanage
10. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(a) Amtrak station
(b) Train station
(c) Bus station
11. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(b) Con Ed
12. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A K of C Hall
(c) A bar
(d) A school hall
13. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Esther and Mary
(b) Ellen and Marina
(c) Eva and Mary
(d) Eva and Marina
14. What is the employment of one of the girls?
15. What is Billy's condition when Dennis' daughter returns to the house?
(a) He is crying
(b) He is asleep
(c) He is drunk
(d) He refuses to speak
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Billy return from Ireland?
2. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
3. What did Eva's sister show to Dennis one night?
4. What event has just occurred at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the young woman who comes to the shoe store?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)