|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sheila's new husband's profession?
(a) Utilities worker
(b) Shoe store owner
(c) Postal worker
2. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
(a) Bar waiters
(b) Bar owner
(d) Bar bill
3. What relation is Dennis Lynch to the person whose funeral has just been held?
4. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
5. What is Billy's reaction to Dennis' deception about Eva?
(a) Really hurt
(c) Not very angry
6. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Esther and Mary
(b) Eva and Marina
(c) Eva and Mary
(d) Ellen and Marina
7. What is the name of Dennis' tenant's son?
8. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
9. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
10. Where had Billy gone to take a pledge to stop drinking?
(a) His father's grave
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous
11. Where does Billy go to pass the time while waiting for Eva to come from Ireland?
(a) Atlantic City
(d) Coney Island
12. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a degenerate
(b) Like a rich customer
(c) Like a friend
(d) Like a nuisance
13. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Swims in the bay
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Prepares dinner
(d) Serves iced tea
14. What does Eva send Billy when he requests shoe sizes?
(a) Requests for shoe styles
(b) Tracings of her and her sisters' feet
(c) A detailed letter
(d) A refusal of the offer of shoes
15. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She left Ireland with no forwarding address
(b) She is dead
(c) She is a lesbian
(d) She has become a nun
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dennis tell Billy he needs to go with him to the house on Long Island?
2. What event has just occurred at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the Irish girl?
4. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
5. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)