|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt offer Dennis' daughter?
(a) A beach towel
(b) Some sunscreen
(c) A ride home
(d) A beach umbrella
2. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a degenerate
(c) Like a nuisance
(d) Like a rich customer
3. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They were both alcoholics
(b) They both had brown eyes
(c) They both had curly hair
(d) They had the same birth date
4. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She died
(b) She does not love him
(c) She married another man
(d) She has cancer
5. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
6. Dennis thinks that his mother is a ____________________.
(a) Dream killer
7. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
8. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
(a) Mr. Holtzman
(b) Mr. Huffman
(c) Mr. Heilman
(d) Mr. Grey
9. What does Dennis' daughter agree to do with Matt?
(a) Cook dinner
(b) Go out on a date
(c) Drive into the city
(d) Take a class
10. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
11. Where did Sheila work so she could continue going to school?
(a) A bakery
(b) A department store
(c) A cafe
(d) A pet shop
12. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
(a) A receipt
(b) Her and her sisters' shoe sizes
(c) A letter
(d) A scented hanky
13. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
(a) Study for their real estate licenses
(b) Take a Caribbean cruise
(c) Take a night course in electronics
(d) Fix up Mr. Holtzman's house
14. Dennis and Billy plan to return to their jobs at ______________.
(d) Con Ed
15. What was the cause of death of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Heart attack
(b) Car accident
(d) Alcohol poisoning
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
2. Who was the driver of the trolley?
3. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
4. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
5. Which of the following is not mentioned about Billy Lynch at the funeral reception?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)