|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She died
(b) She does not love him
(c) She has cancer
(d) She married another man
2. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
3. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
(a) Study for their real estate licenses
(b) Take a Caribbean cruise
(c) Take a night course in electronics
(d) Fix up Mr. Holtzman's house
4. In what year does Billy return from Ireland?
5. Who comes to the shoe store on the day that Billy learns that Eva has died?
(c) That same young woman without her father
6. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Eva and Mary
(b) Eva and Marina
(c) Esther and Mary
(d) Ellen and Marina
7. Where had Billy gone to take a pledge to stop drinking?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous
(b) His father's grave
8. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a nuisance
(c) Like a degenerate
(d) Like a rich customer
9. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(a) Bus station
(b) Train station
(d) Amtrak station
10. Billy is forever smitten with Eva's _____________.
11. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(a) Con Ed
12. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
13. What is the name of the young woman who comes to the shoe store?
14. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She is dead
(b) She has become a nun
(c) She left Ireland with no forwarding address
(d) She is a lesbian
15. Which of the following is not mentioned about Billy Lynch at the funeral reception?
(a) His great nature
(b) His education
(c) What a good man he was
(d) How hard he worked
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
2. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
3. What is the employment of one of the girls?
4. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
5. What was the cause of death of the person whose funeral has just been held?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)