|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
(a) Lead poisoning
(b) Car accident
(d) Heart disease
2. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Boating accident
3. What was the cause of death of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Heart attack
(c) Alcohol poisoning
(d) Car accident
4. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
(a) A young woman and her drunken father
5. Why does Billy promise to send money?
(a) To give to orphans
(b) To bring Eva and her family to America
(c) To buy war bonds
(d) To set up a restaurant
6. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) With an aunt and uncle
(b) An orphanage
(c) A foster home
(d) The YWCA
7. In what year does Billy return from Ireland?
8. Who was Eva's sister?
9. Where did Sheila work when she quit school?
(a) An insurance agency
(b) A gas company
(c) A bowling alley
(d) The post office
10. Who owns the Long Island house now?
11. Who is Dennis telling the story about Eva to in Chapter 2?
(a) His daughter
12. Who is the spouse of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(a) Mary Lynch
(b) Maeve Lynch
(c) Ava Lynch
(d) Billy Lynch
13. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
14. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She died
(c) She married another man
(d) She does not love him
15. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
2. What did Eva die of according to Billy's sister, Kate?
3. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
4. What is the time period when Chapter 4 begins?
5. Where had Billy worked after the war?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)