|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dennis thinks that his mother is a ____________________.
(d) Dream killer
2. How did Sheila get to work each day?
3. What is Billy's reaction to Dennis' deception about Eva?
(a) Really hurt
(d) Not very angry
4. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a degenerate
(c) Like a nuisance
(d) Like a rich customer
5. Where is Dennis' stepfather's home located?
(d) Long Island
6. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(a) Heart disease
(d) Boating accident
7. What does Mr. Holtzman's assistant think about the young woman?
(a) She would be a good employee
(b) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen
(c) She is too shy to talk to anyone
(d) She has a crush on Billy
8. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Serves iced tea
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Prepares dinner
(d) Swims in the bay
9. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They had the same birth date
(b) They were both alcoholics
(c) They both had brown eyes
(d) They both had curly hair
10. What did Eva do with the money Billy had been sending her to come to America?
(a) Bought a house
(b) Took a cruise
(c) Bought a gas station in their hometown
(d) Gave it to charity
11. What is the employment of one of the girls?
12. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
13. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
(a) The beach
(b) The park
(c) Lover's Lane
(d) A country lane
14. Why had Sheila been passed from relative to relative for several years?
(a) Her parents had died
(b) Her parents abused her
(c) Her parents did not want her
(d) Her parents kicked her out
15. Who was the driver of the trolley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
2. What was Dennis' father's name?
3. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
4. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
5. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)