|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
(a) It is the right thing to do
(b) It will protect Billy
(c) It will require more lies
(d) It is wrong
2. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
3. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) The YWCA
(b) With an aunt and uncle
(c) A foster home
(d) An orphanage
4. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(b) Con Ed
5. How does Billy coerce one of the little girls to go to bed?
(b) His smile and poetry
(c) Shadow puppets
6. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
(a) To the theater
(b) On a boat ride
(c) Out for ice cream
(d) On a tour of the island
7. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
8. Mary's employer will let Mary and Eva go out with Billy and Dennis if ___________________________.
(a) Cocktails are over
(b) The dishes are done
(c) Supper is ready
(d) The children are put to bed first
9. Where did Billy meet Maeve?
(a) Shoe store
(d) Dance hall
10. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His daughter
(b) His neighbor
(c) His father-in-law
(d) His son
11. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
(b) South America
12. What is the name of the Irish girl?
13. What topic is mentioned that elicits powerful responses?
(a) The Irish girl
(b) Billy's bar tab
(c) Billy's illegitimate child
(d) Billy's bankruptcy
14. Where is Dennis' stepfather's home located?
(a) Long Island
15. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Billy and Dennis tell about Billy's learning the truth about Eva?
2. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
3. Why does Billy promise to send money?
4. What does Eva reveal in the letter?
5. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)