|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dennis and Billy do before returning to their jobs?
(a) Take a Caribbean cruise
(b) Take a night course in electronics
(c) Study for their real estate licenses
(d) Fix up Mr. Holtzman's house
2. What does Mr. Holtzman's assistant think about the young woman?
(a) She would be a good employee
(b) She is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen
(c) She is too shy to talk to anyone
(d) She has a crush on Billy
3. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(b) Train station
(c) Amtrak station
(d) Bus station
4. What did Eva's sister show to Dennis one night?
(a) A murder scene
(b) A haunted house
(c) A new car
(d) A letter
5. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
(a) Mr. Huffman
(b) Mr. Heilman
(c) Mr. Holtzman
(d) Mr. Grey
6. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
7. Who lives in the Long Island house now?
(a) A year round tenant
8. Where had Billy gone to take a pledge to stop drinking?
(b) His father's grave
(c) Alcoholics Anonymous
9. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
(a) Lover's Lane
(b) A country lane
(c) The beach
(d) The park
10. Where did Sheila work when she quit school?
(a) The post office
(b) An insurance agency
(c) A gas company
(d) A bowling alley
11. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
12. What was the cause of death of the person whose funeral has just been held?
(b) Alcohol poisoning
(c) Heart attack
(d) Car accident
13. Which of the following is not mentioned about Billy Lynch at the funeral reception?
(a) What a good man he was
(b) How hard he worked
(c) His education
(d) His great nature
14. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A K of C Hall
(b) A bar
(c) A restaurant
(d) A school hall
15. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
(b) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell Dennis while at lunch?
2. What was the cause of death of the man's oldest daughter?
3. What relation is Dennis Lynch to the person whose funeral has just been held?
4. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
5. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)