|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eva die of according to Billy's sister, Kate?
(c) Car accident
(d) Heart Attack
2. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
(a) A scented hanky
(b) A receipt
(c) Her and her sisters' shoe sizes
(d) A letter
3. Who was the driver of the trolley?
4. What did Eva do with the money Billy had been sending her to come to America?
(a) Gave it to charity
(b) Took a cruise
(c) Bought a gas station in their hometown
(d) Bought a house
5. What topic is mentioned that elicits powerful responses?
(a) Billy's bar tab
(b) The Irish girl
(c) Billy's bankruptcy
(d) Billy's illegitimate child
6. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
(b) A young woman and her drunken father
7. How did Sheila get to work each day?
8. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
(b) Shoe Store
(c) Gas station
9. Who do Billy and Dennis tell about Billy's learning the truth about Eva?
(a) Their wives
(b) Their children
(c) No one
(d) Their parish priest
10. Where was Sheila living when she met Daniel?
(a) With an aunt and uncle
(b) A foster home
(c) An orphanage
(d) The YWCA
11. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His daughter
(b) His father-in-law
(c) His neighbor
(d) His son
12. Mary's employer will let Mary and Eva go out with Billy and Dennis if ___________________________.
(a) Cocktails are over
(b) Supper is ready
(c) The children are put to bed first
(d) The dishes are done
13. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
(a) Her church work
(b) Her children
(c) Her job
(d) Her new husband
14. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(b) Con Ed
15. What does Dennis' daughter want to know at the end of Dennis' story about Eva?
(a) If Billy ever found out the truth
(b) If Maeve ever found out the truth
(c) Why Dennis would keep this secret
(d) If she could tell Maeve now
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man's profession?
2. Where is Dennis' stepfather's home located?
3. Where did Sheila work when she quit school?
4. What event has just occurred at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Where does Billy go to pass the time while waiting for Eva to come from Ireland?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)