|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
(a) Out for ice cream
(b) To the theater
(c) On a boat ride
(d) On a tour of the island
2. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His daughter
(b) His neighbor
(c) His father-in-law
(d) His son
3. What is Sheila's priority in her life now?
(a) Her job
(b) Her new husband
(c) Her church work
(d) Her children
4. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Esther and Mary
(b) Eva and Marina
(c) Ellen and Marina
(d) Eva and Mary
5. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
6. Where had Billy met Eva?
(a) A house on Long Island
(b) A church in Brooklyn
(c) A bar in Dublin
(d) A bar in the Bronx
7. Whose funeral has just been held at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Billy Lynch
(b) Maeve Lynch
(c) Dan Lynch
(d) Dennis Lynch
8. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
(a) It will protect Billy
(b) It will require more lies
(c) It is the right thing to do
(d) It is wrong
9. What have Dennis and Billy just done as Chapter 4 begins?
(a) Taken a cruise
(b) Returned from war
(c) Graduated college
(d) Returned from a fishing trip
10. What is the name of the Irish girl?
11. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
(a) Drink some beer
(b) Cruise in their cars
(c) Swim in the bay
(d) Go out looking for girls
12. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
(a) A bar
(b) The movies
(c) The arcade
(d) A cafe
13. Who comes to the shoe store on the day that Billy learns that Eva has died?
(c) That same young woman without her father
14. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Takes a nap
(b) Swims in the bay
(c) Prepares dinner
(d) Serves iced tea
15. Where did Sheila work when she quit school?
(a) The post office
(b) A bowling alley
(c) An insurance agency
(d) A gas company
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
2. What topic is mentioned that elicits powerful responses?
3. Who comes into the shoe store on the day Billy picks out shoes for Eva and her sisters?
4. What was the man's profession?
5. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)