|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eva send Billy when he requests shoe sizes?
(a) Requests for shoe styles
(b) Tracings of her and her sisters' feet
(c) A detailed letter
(d) A refusal of the offer of shoes
2. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
3. Who were the girls that Billy and Dennis had met while swimming in the bay many years ago?
(a) Eva and Mary
(b) Esther and Mary
(c) Ellen and Marina
(d) Eva and Marina
4. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Swims in the bay
(b) Serves iced tea
(c) Prepares dinner
(d) Takes a nap
5. Whose funeral has just been held at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Billy Lynch
(b) Dennis Lynch
(c) Dan Lynch
(d) Maeve Lynch
6. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(b) Heart disease
(d) Boating accident
7. What is Billy's reaction to Dennis' deception about Eva?
(b) Really hurt
(d) Not very angry
8. What is the name of Dennis' tenant's son?
9. Where did Billy meet Maeve?
(a) Shoe store
(c) Dance hall
10. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
(a) When Eva sent him a telegram
(b) Shortly before he died
(c) When he went to Ireland
(d) When a classmate saw Eva in Ireland
11. Why does Billy promise to send money?
(a) To give to orphans
(b) To set up a restaurant
(c) To bring Eva and her family to America
(d) To buy war bonds
12. Who was the recipient of the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
13. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
14. Dennis thinks that his mother is a ____________________.
(b) Dream killer
15. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is not surprised
(b) He is confused
(c) He is only slightly surprised
(d) He is devastated
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sheila work when she quit school?
2. What is the employment of one of the girls?
3. Mary's employer will let Mary and Eva go out with Billy and Dennis if ___________________________.
4. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
5. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)