|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dennis telling the story about Eva to in Chapter 2?
(c) His daughter
2. Who lives in the Long Island house now?
(d) A year round tenant
3. Where had Billy met Eva?
(a) A church in Brooklyn
(b) A house on Long Island
(c) A bar in the Bronx
(d) A bar in Dublin
4. Who was the driver of the trolley?
5. Mary's employer will let Mary and Eva go out with Billy and Dennis if ___________________________.
(a) The children are put to bed first
(b) The dishes are done
(c) Supper is ready
(d) Cocktails are over
6. Who do Billy and Dennis tell about Billy's learning the truth about Eva?
(a) Their parish priest
(b) No one
(c) Their wives
(d) Their children
7. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
(b) Gas station
(d) Shoe Store
8. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
9. Why is the other girl in America?
(a) Looking for a job
(b) Exchange student
(c) Going to school
(d) Visiting her sister
10. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
(b) Bar waiters
(c) Bar owner
(d) Bar bill
11. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
(a) The arcade
(b) A bar
(c) The movies
(d) A cafe
12. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
13. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
14. What is Billy's condition when Dennis' daughter returns to the house?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He refuses to speak
(c) He is asleep
(d) He is crying
15. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the Long Island house now?
2. When did Dennis get possession of the Long Island house?
3. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
4. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
5. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)