|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the employment of one of the girls?
2. How does Billy treat the young woman's father?
(a) Like a rich customer
(b) Like a friend
(c) Like a degenerate
(d) Like a nuisance
3. What relation is Dennis Lynch to the person whose funeral has just been held?
4. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
5. How does Dennis receive the news about what Eva has done with the money?
(a) He is devastated
(b) He is confused
(c) He is only slightly surprised
(d) He is not surprised
6. What does Mary jokingly tell Dennis to tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She is dead
(b) She has become a nun
(c) She left Ireland with no forwarding address
(d) She is a lesbian
7. Who was Eva's sister?
8. What was Billy known for giving to people?
9. What does Eva reveal in the letter?
(a) She is dropping out of the family
(b) She has joined a convent
(c) She married a childhood sweetheart
(d) She has a terminal illness
10. What did Eva's sister show to Dennis one night?
(a) A letter
(b) A new car
(c) A haunted house
(d) A murder scene
11. Who is Dennis' stepfather?
(a) Mr. Huffman
(b) Mr. Heilman
(c) Mr. Holtzman
(d) Mr. Grey
12. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A school hall
(b) A restaurant
(c) A K of C Hall
(d) A bar
13. What is Sheila's new husband's profession?
(a) Shoe store owner
(c) Postal worker
(d) Utilities worker
14. Who is Dennis telling the story about Eva to in Chapter 2?
(c) His daughter
15. Who wrote the letter mentioned in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sheila get to work each day?
2. Where is Dennis' stepfather's home located?
3. Why had Sheila been passed from relative to relative for several years?
4. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
5. It is ______________ that Billy stops first to tell Dennis about Eva's deception.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)