|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy request of Eva when he sends her some money?
(a) A letter
(b) A receipt
(c) A scented hanky
(d) Her and her sisters' shoe sizes
2. Mary's employer will let Mary and Eva go out with Billy and Dennis if ___________________________.
(a) Supper is ready
(b) The dishes are done
(c) The children are put to bed first
(d) Cocktails are over
3. Where do Dennis and his daughter pick up Billy when he returns from Ireland?
(a) Train station
(b) Bus station
(d) Amtrak station
4. Where had Billy met Eva?
(a) A bar in the Bronx
(b) A house on Long Island
(c) A church in Brooklyn
(d) A bar in Dublin
5. Why does Dennis tell Billy he needs to go with him to the house on Long Island?
(a) To check for storm damage
(b) To do some landscaping
(c) To meet a realtor
(d) To set up for a party
6. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
(c) South America
7. What is the name of Dennis' tenant's son?
8. What does Dennis tell Billy about Eva?
(a) She married another man
(b) She does not love him
(c) She has cancer
(d) She died
9. Who was the driver of the trolley?
10. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Serves iced tea
(b) Swims in the bay
(c) Prepares dinner
(d) Takes a nap
11. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(c) Con Ed
12. Dennis knows that his mother always felt _____________ as a child.
13. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
(a) It will protect Billy
(b) It will require more lies
(c) It is the right thing to do
(d) It is wrong
14. What was the nature of Eva's death according to Dennis?
(a) Boating accident
(c) Heart disease
15. Who is Dennis telling the story about Eva to in Chapter 2?
(c) His daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
2. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
3. What is Billy's condition when Dennis' daughter returns to the house?
4. Where do Dennis and his daughter take Billy after lunch?
5. What does Mr. Holtzman's assistant think about the young woman?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)