|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is visiting Dennis on the day Billy returns from Ireland?
(a) His neighbor
(b) His father-in-law
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
2. What does everyone believe will be Maeve's life and career choice?
3. Who was Eva's sister?
4. What is the name of the Irish girl?
5. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
6. Why had Sheila been passed from relative to relative for several years?
(a) Her parents abused her
(b) Her parents kicked her out
(c) Her parents had died
(d) Her parents did not want her
7. How did Sheila get to work each day?
8. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They had the same birth date
(b) They both had curly hair
(c) They both had brown eyes
(d) They were both alcoholics
9. What does Dennis warn Billy about talking about to his mother and stepfather?
10. When Dennis and Billy get up the nerve to talk to the two girls, where do they learn the girls are from?
(d) South America
11. What did Eva die of according to Billy's sister, Kate?
(b) Heart Attack
(d) Car accident
12. Who do Dennis and Billy see on the beach?
(a) Boat repairmen
(b) Two girls and seven children
(c) A swimming class
(d) A senior citizens group
13. How does Billy coerce one of the little girls to go to bed?
(a) Shadow puppets
(c) His smile and poetry
14. What does Eva send Billy when he requests shoe sizes?
(a) A refusal of the offer of shoes
(b) Requests for shoe styles
(c) A detailed letter
(d) Tracings of her and her sisters' feet
15. Where had Billy gone to take a pledge to stop drinking?
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous
(d) His father's grave
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dennis' mother's new last name?
2. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
3. Where do the foursome head to on their date?
4. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
5. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)