|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Billy gone to take a pledge to stop drinking?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous
(b) His father's grave
2. Which of the following does Billy Lynch not manage at the funeral reception?
(b) Bar waiters
(c) Bar bill
(d) Bar owner
3. Where did Billy work in addition to his main job to make some extra money?
(b) Shoe Store
(c) Gas station
4. Where does Billy go to pass the time while waiting for Eva to come from Ireland?
(a) Atlantic City
(c) Coney Island
5. Who is Mr. Holtzman's assistant in the shoe store?
6. Maeve remains in her father's home when _______________ begins to take over his life.
7. What does Dennis' daughter do when they return to the house?
(a) Prepares dinner
(b) Serves iced tea
(c) Swims in the bay
(d) Takes a nap
8. How does Dennis' daughter recall Billy's demeanor when they have lunch?
9. Which of the following is not a reason that Dennis lies to Billy?
(a) It is wrong
(b) It will require more lies
(c) It will protect Billy
(d) It is the right thing to do
10. Where had Billy worked after the war?
(d) Con Ed
11. Where did Sheila work so she could continue going to school?
(a) A bakery
(b) A cafe
(c) A department store
(d) A pet shop
12. Dennis thinks that his mother is a ____________________.
(c) Dream killer
13. What is the setting for Chapter 1?
(a) A bar
(b) A restaurant
(c) A K of C Hall
(d) A school hall
14. Where did Billy meet Maeve?
(b) Dance hall
(c) Shoe store
15. What did Billy have in common with Maeve's father?
(a) They were both alcoholics
(b) They had the same birth date
(c) They both had brown eyes
(d) They both had curly hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva die of according to Billy's sister, Kate?
2. What do Dennis and Billy do every day after their work on the house?
3. Where do the foursome go to have some quiet time?
4. When did Billy learn the truth about Eva?
5. What was Dennis' father's name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)