Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
2. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
3. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
4. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
5. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
Essay Topic 1
Adults and children seem to see the world in different ways in this book, although some grownups (like Mr. Arable and Dr. Dorian) seem to at least appreciate the different way that children perceive animals and nature. Write an essay comparing and contrasting human adult and child characters from this story in terms of how they interact with and care for animals and nature.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between the webs Charlotte weaves and the effect the words have on Wilbur? Consider issues such as why Charlotte chooses each word or phrase, how fitting she feels each is, how fitting Wilbur feels each is, and how Wilbur behaves after each web is woven and presented to an audience.
Essay Topic 3
Is there a moral to this story, and if so, what is it? Can it be summed up in a sentence? Does a character state it outright, or must the reader piece it together from the experience of reading the book? Use specific examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)