|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
2. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
3. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
4. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
5. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing what Charlotte's Web has to say on the subject of fame. Include discussion of issues such as how people (and pigs) might achieve fame, what some beneficial and hurtful byproducts and effects of fame might be, and how fame might change people (and pigs) either for the better or the worse.
Essay Topic 2
How do Garth Williams' illustrations deepen a reader's understandings of the characters, setting, and theme of the story? Examine the moments he chooses to illustrate and think about what they express that the text alone cannot. Address also how different the experience of reading the book would be without the illustrations.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between the webs Charlotte weaves and the effect the words have on Wilbur? Consider issues such as why Charlotte chooses each word or phrase, how fitting she feels each is, how fitting Wilbur feels each is, and how Wilbur behaves after each web is woven and presented to an audience.
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)