|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(b) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(c) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(d) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
2. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
(a) Don't make a mess with cotton candy.
(b) Hang on tight to the swings.
(c) Watch out for pickpockets.
(d) Don't get overheated.
3. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(b) No one.
4. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(b) How children grow up so quickly.
(c) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
5. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
(b) Someday she will become a great vet.
(c) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
(d) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
2. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
3. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
4. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
5. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wilbur struggle when the men try to put him in the crate?
2. Why might Charlotte's children mean so much to Wilbur?
3. After whose hour of triumph might this chapter be named, and why?
4. Why is life in the barn so good for Wilbur?
5. Which animals go to the Fair and why?
6. How is the experience of going to the Fair different for the children and for the adults?
7. How does Mrs. Arable feel about Fern's stories about the animals and what they talk about?
8. How is Fern's attitude toward the animals beginning to change during the time she spends at the Fair?
9. How has what is most important to Fern changed and how can you tell?
10. How does Charlotte feel after finding out that Wilbur is to receive a special prize?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)