|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(b) Pig Supreme.
(c) With New Radiant Action.
2. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
(b) The Zuckermans.
3. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(b) How children grow up so quickly.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
4. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In the fall.
(c) In the spring.
(d) In the summer.
5. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Mooning after boys in her class.
(b) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(c) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(d) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
2. With whom does Fern ride the Ferris wheel?
3. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
4. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
5. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of lullaby does Charlotte sing to Wilbur?
2. How does Dr. Dorian feel about the possibility that animals can talk?
3. Why is Wilbur worrying during his first day at the Fair?
4. How are things on the farm changing as summer turns to fall?
5. Does Wilbur act more like a child or an adult when it is time for him to go to sleep during his first night at the Fair?
6. How is Charlotte's time and attention beginning to split as the trip to the County Fair approaches?
7. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
8. How is the experience of going to the Fair different for the children and for the adults?
9. Before he is to leave the Fair and return to the farm, why does Wilbur bring up the fact that he once thought Charlotte was cruel and bloodthirsty?
10. What can readers tell about Charlotte's position in the barn from the meeting the animals have?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)