|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
(b) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
(c) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(d) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
2. Which of the following is not an errand or favor that Templeton points out that he has done for Wilbur and Charlotte?
(a) Chasing off Mrs. Zuckerman when she tried to dust away one of Charlotte's first attempts at writing.
(b) Biting Wilbur's tail to wake him up after he fainted.
(c) Making trip after trip to the dump for magazine clippings.
(d) Saving Charlotte's life by scaring Avery away with the rotten goose egg.
3. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(b) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
4. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
(b) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
(c) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
(d) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
5. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
(a) Gray and white like a puffy cloud.
(b) Tough and strong.
(c) Resembling cotton candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
2. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
3. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
4. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
5. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wilbur struggle when the men try to put him in the crate?
2. How has what is most important to Fern changed and how can you tell?
3. How does Charlotte feel after finding out that Wilbur is to receive a special prize?
4. How can readers tell at the end of Chapter 21 that Wilbur is starting to grow up a little?
5. How does Dr. Dorian feel about the possibility that animals can talk?
6. How is Fern's attitude toward the animals beginning to change during the time she spends at the Fair?
7. How does Mrs. Arable feel about Fern's stories about the animals and what they talk about?
8. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
9. What kind of lullaby does Charlotte sing to Wilbur?
10. After whose hour of triumph might this chapter be named, and why?
This section contains 1,526 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)