|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Play the ring toss game.
(b) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
(c) Steer a jet plane.
(d) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
2. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
(a) Watch out for pickpockets.
(b) Don't make a mess with cotton candy.
(c) Don't get overheated.
(d) Hang on tight to the swings.
3. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) Pig Supreme.
(b) With New Radiant Action.
4. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(b) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
(c) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(d) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
5. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Spending too much time fighting with Avery.
(b) Doing a bad job with her chores.
(c) Not taking good care of Wilbur.
(d) Making up wild tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
2. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
3. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
4. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
5. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does the old sheep teach at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Why does Charlotte think that the word Templeton brings back for her last web is particularly appropriate for Wilbur?
3. How is the experience of going to the Fair different for the children and for the adults?
4. Which animals go to the Fair and why?
5. How can readers tell at the end of Chapter 21 that Wilbur is starting to grow up a little?
6. Does Wilbur act more like a child or an adult when it is time for him to go to sleep during his first night at the Fair?
7. How does Dr. Dorian feel about the possibility that animals can talk?
8. How is Charlotte's time and attention beginning to split as the trip to the County Fair approaches?
9. What can readers tell about Charlotte's position in the barn from the meeting the animals have?
10. Why is Wilbur worrying during his first day at the Fair?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)