|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(b) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(c) Catch and eat a fish.
(d) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
2. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(b) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(c) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(d) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
3. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That Wilbur will live forever.
(b) That she never had to grow up.
(c) That this day would never end.
(d) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
4. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
(b) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
(c) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
(d) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
5. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(b) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
(c) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(d) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
2. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
3. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
4. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
5. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Wilbur act more like a child or an adult when it is time for him to go to sleep during his first night at the Fair?
2. What can readers tell about Charlotte's position in the barn from the meeting the animals have?
3. How does Mrs. Arable feel about Fern's stories about the animals and what they talk about?
4. How does Charlotte feel after finding out that Wilbur is to receive a special prize?
5. How is Charlotte's time and attention beginning to split as the trip to the County Fair approaches?
6. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
7. Why is life in the barn so good for Wilbur?
8. Which animals go to the Fair and why?
9. How are things on the farm changing as summer turns to fall?
10. How is Fern's attitude toward the animals beginning to change during the time she spends at the Fair?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)