|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(d) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
2. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(b) So they will give him better food.
(c) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(d) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
3. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
(b) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(c) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
4. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(d) No one.
5. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(b) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(c) How children grow up so quickly.
(d) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
2. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
4. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
5. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Fern's attitude toward the animals beginning to change during the time she spends at the Fair?
2. How has what is most important to Fern changed and how can you tell?
3. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
4. After whose hour of triumph might this chapter be named, and why?
5. Which animals go to the Fair and why?
6. Before he is to leave the Fair and return to the farm, why does Wilbur bring up the fact that he once thought Charlotte was cruel and bloodthirsty?
7. How can readers tell at the end of Chapter 21 that Wilbur is starting to grow up a little?
8. Why is Wilbur worrying during his first day at the Fair?
9. How are things on the farm changing as summer turns to fall?
10. What kind of lullaby does Charlotte sing to Wilbur?
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)