|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(b) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(c) How children grow up so quickly.
(d) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
2. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
(c) The Zuckermans.
3. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
(b) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(c) He mother makes her change into it.
(d) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
4. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) To his new owner's farm.
(b) Out into the barnyard.
(c) To the County Fair.
(d) Back to Fern's house.
5. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(d) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
2. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
3. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
5. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things on the farm changing as summer turns to fall?
2. Why does Wilbur struggle when the men try to put him in the crate?
3. Before he is to leave the Fair and return to the farm, why does Wilbur bring up the fact that he once thought Charlotte was cruel and bloodthirsty?
4. How does Charlotte feel after finding out that Wilbur is to receive a special prize?
5. Why does Charlotte think that the word Templeton brings back for her last web is particularly appropriate for Wilbur?
6. Why is Wilbur worrying during his first day at the Fair?
7. Which animals go to the Fair and why?
8. After whose hour of triumph might this chapter be named, and why?
9. How does Mrs. Arable feel about Fern's stories about the animals and what they talk about?
10. How can readers tell at the end of Chapter 21 that Wilbur is starting to grow up a little?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)