|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
(a) He is delighted.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is unconcerned.
(d) He is shaken.
2. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(b) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(c) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
3. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
(a) The lamb is blocking her view.
(b) She is too busy spinning her web to look at him.
(c) He is hiding in a pile of straw.
(d) She is near-sighted.
4. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
(a) His breakfast.
(b) His best blanket.
(c) Straw from his bed.
(d) His favorite toy.
5. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the evening.
(c) On Saturday.
(d) After lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
2. What is Wilbur's first bed?
3. How does Fern feed her new pet?
4. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
5. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the goose's personality be described?
2. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
3. How does Mrs. Arable feel about all the time Fern is spending in the barn?
4. Why might the author include scientific information about spider's webs and legs in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Uncle Homer agree to buy Wilbur?
6. Why does Mrs. Arable tell Fern in Chapter 8 that Fern can tell her more about the animals in Uncle Homer's barn that afternoon?
7. Why might Wilbur feel particularly betrayed that John Arable is in on the "conspiracy" to kill him?
8. How does Charlotte explain that spider webs are a good thing?
9. What might Mr. Arable mean when he says that maybe their ears aren't as sharp as Fern's?
10. Why does Wilbur like Charlotte better and better each day?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)