|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(b) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
(c) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(d) When she's spinning a new web.
2. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
(b) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(c) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
(d) She carries him home in her arms.
3. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
(a) A friend.
(b) Better food.
(c) For peace and quiet so he can take a nap.
(d) For the other animals to stop teasing him.
4. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will be lonely.
(b) She thinks he will be cold at night.
(c) She thinks he will run away.
(d) She thinks other animals will bother him.
5. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
(a) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Almost every afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern like the barn best?
2. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
3. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
4. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
5. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the goose's personality be described?
2. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
3. Why does Wilbur like Charlotte better and better each day?
4. How does Charlotte explain that spider webs are a good thing?
5. Why does Uncle Homer agree to buy Wilbur?
6. How does Wilbur act during his "escape"?
7. What is the relationship like between Fern and the animals at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How might you compare and contrast the goose and Charlotte's attitudes toward life and death?
9. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
10. How does the web of relationships between Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern shift at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)