|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) A professor who studies talking animals.
(b) The local minister.
(c) The farmyard vet.
(d) Fern's family doctor.
2. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
(b) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
(c) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(d) He handles stuff like this all the time.
3. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) A fly.
(b) An ant.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A bee.
4. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
(b) Put the victim to sleep.
(c) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(d) Apologize to the victim.
5. What has Charlotte woven into her web?
(a) A picture of Wilbur.
(b) A picture of a first prize ribbon.
(c) The words "WILBUR'S HOME".
(d) The words "SOME PIG".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
2. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
3. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
4. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
5. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Wilbur's feelings about his early life with Fern in Chapter 2?
2. What are some fun things described in Chapter 6 that children can do in nature during the spring and summer?
3. How do the other animals feel about the fact that Templeton would have no problem with killing a baby gosling?
4. How would you describe the relationship between Fern and Wilbur in Chapter 2?
5. How does Charlotte explain that spider webs are a good thing?
6. How would you describe Charlotte's personality and interactions with other barnyard animals in Chapter 6?
7. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
8. What might Mr. Arable mean when he says that maybe their ears aren't as sharp as Fern's?
9. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
10. What is the explosion mentioned in Chapter 10's title, and why is it important?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)