|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman.
2. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Thin, but pleasant.
(b) Sweet and friendly.
(c) Deep and rumbling.
(d) Tiny, but sinister.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Silly and misguided.
(b) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(c) Mean and spiteful.
(d) Sensible and useful.
4. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The legs.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The fangs.
(d) The abdomen.
5. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
(b) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(c) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(d) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
2. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
3. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
4. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has what is most important to Fern changed and how can you tell?
2. What can readers tell about Charlotte's position in the barn from the meeting the animals have?
3. How would you describe Charlotte's personality and interactions with other barnyard animals in Chapter 6?
4. How are things on the farm changing as summer turns to fall?
5. Why do you think Fern goes rigid on her stool one time while visiting with the barn animals?
6. How does Mr. Arable help Wilbur become a little more independent?
7. Why is Wilbur worrying during his first day at the Fair?
8. How can readers tell at the end of Chapter 21 that Wilbur is starting to grow up a little?
9. Why does Wilbur struggle when the men try to put him in the crate?
10. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
This section contains 1,447 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)