|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not listen.
(b) She does not watch Wilbur.
(c) She does not sing.
(d) She does not sit and think.
2. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
(a) They get fed extra good slops from holiday leftovers.
(b) They get left outside in the cold yard.
(c) They get murdered.
(d) They have wreaths of holly hung around their necks.
3. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(b) Run for the woods.
(c) Go find Fern.
(d) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
4. What is Charlotte's idea for saving Wilbur?
(a) She will convince Fern to take him back.
(b) She will help him escape under the fence.
(c) She will play a trick on Zuckerman.
(d) She will find someone to buy him from Zuckerman.
5. How does Mr. Zuckerman describe Charlotte's web?
(a) A mess.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) An abomination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
3. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
5. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of things are most important to Fern at the beginning of the book?
2. How might the goose's personality be described?
3. Why do you think Fern goes rigid on her stool one time while visiting with the barn animals?
4. What is the explosion mentioned in Chapter 10's title, and why is it important?
5. How seriously does Fern take her new responsibility of taking care of the pig?
6. Why is Wilbur so unhappy as a young pig after living in the Zuckerman's barn for awhile?
7. What are some fun things described in Chapter 6 that children can do in nature during the spring and summer?
8. How would you describe Charlotte's personality and interactions with other barnyard animals in Chapter 6?
9. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
10. How would you describe Wilbur's feelings about his early life with Fern in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)