|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The fangs.
(b) The legs.
(c) The abdomen.
(d) The eyes.
2. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(b) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(c) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(d) Kill a gosling.
3. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Put the victim to sleep.
(b) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(c) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
(d) Apologize to the victim.
4. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
(a) Charlotte is the first.
(b) Wilbur is the first.
(c) Fern is the first.
(d) The gander is the first.
5. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It is probably going to die anyway.
(b) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(c) It will taste delicious.
(d) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
2. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How observant is Lurvy when it comes to Wilbur, and how can you tell?
2. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
3. How does the web of relationships between Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern shift at the end of Chapter 7?
4. How does Mr. Arable help Wilbur become a little more independent?
5. Why does Mrs. Arable tell Fern in Chapter 8 that Fern can tell her more about the animals in Uncle Homer's barn that afternoon?
6. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
7. What is most remarkable about Wilbur's daily routine?
8. Why does Uncle Homer agree to buy Wilbur?
9. What is the relationship like between Fern and the animals at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What kind of a father is Mr. Arable described as being?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)