|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is fall.
(b) It is spring.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It is winter.
2. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(c) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
(d) She says Wilbur adores her.
3. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) An ant.
(b) A bee.
(c) A fly.
(d) A mosquito.
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(b) It will taste delicious.
(c) It is probably going to die anyway.
(d) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
5. Who ties a string to Wilbur's tail and why?
(a) Templeton ties the string so Wilbur can try to spin a web.
(b) Charlotte ties the string so Wilbur can pretend to be a spider.
(c) Fern ties the string so Wilbur won't forget the upcoming County Fair.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman ties the string to fasten Wilbur to the fence so he won't wander off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
2. In which season was Wilbur born?
3. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
4. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
5. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might you compare and contrast the goose and Charlotte's attitudes toward life and death?
2. How grown-up is Wilbur by the end of Chapter 3?
3. How does Wilbur act during his "escape"?
4. What might Mr. Arable mean when he says that maybe their ears aren't as sharp as Fern's?
5. Why does Mrs. Arable tell Fern in Chapter 8 that Fern can tell her more about the animals in Uncle Homer's barn that afternoon?
6. How does Mrs. Arable feel about all the time Fern is spending in the barn?
7. How would you describe the relationship between Fern and Wilbur in Chapter 2?
8. For what reason was Mr. Arable going to kill the runt?
9. How does Charlotte explain that spider webs are a good thing?
10. How do the other animals feel about the fact that Templeton would have no problem with killing a baby gosling?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)