|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(b) She doesn't like Fern.
(c) She is mean and teases him.
(d) She can't spend very much time with him.
2. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
(a) Mr. Arable.
(b) The Zuckermans.
(d) Mrs. Arable.
3. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
(a) His favorite toy.
(b) Straw from his bed.
(c) His breakfast.
(d) His best blanket.
4. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman.
5. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
(a) Hang around your new friend all the time.
(b) Ask for too many favors.
(c) Keep borrowing things and not returning them.
(d) Wake somebody in the morning before he is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
2. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
3. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
4. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
5. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How grown-up is Wilbur by the end of Chapter 3?
2. Why does Wilbur have so much trouble sleeping at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What are some fun things described in Chapter 6 that children can do in nature during the spring and summer?
4. How does Wilbur act during his "escape"?
5. What kind of voice does Wilbur use to call for his new friend, and what does this voice tell the reader about Wilbur's development at this point?
6. How does Mr. Arable help Wilbur become a little more independent?
7. How seriously does Fern take her new responsibility of taking care of the pig?
8. How might you compare and contrast the goose and Charlotte's attitudes toward life and death?
9. What kind of a father is Mr. Arable described as being?
10. Why does Uncle Homer agree to buy Wilbur?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)