|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(b) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(c) Fern and her parents.
(d) Fern and Avery.
2. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) She doesn't think it is normal and plans to tell Fern's doctor.
(b) She is delighted by her daughter's imagination.
(c) She isn't interested or concerned.
(d) She thinks Fern is acting out to get attention.
3. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Hanging upside-down to try to think of a plan.
(b) Crying because she is scared.
(c) Getting ready to move away to a safer home.
(d) Weaving something in the middle of her web.
4. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The abdomen.
(b) The legs.
(c) The fangs.
(d) The eyes.
5. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
(a) Wilbur's best friend, who is terribly clever.
(b) A wise teacher.
(c) A creepy, bloodthirsty pest.
(d) A tiny spider, who is not very important compared to the other animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
2. What reason does Charlotte give Wilbur for why he doesn't need a web?
3. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
4. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
5. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is life in the barn so good for Wilbur?
2. Why might Wilbur feel particularly betrayed that John Arable is in on the "conspiracy" to kill him?
3. How does Charlotte feel after finding out that Wilbur is to receive a special prize?
4. How does the web of relationships between Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern shift at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What kind of lullaby does Charlotte sing to Wilbur?
6. What effect does Charlotte's web have on the farm?
7. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
8. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
9. Why does Wilbur like Charlotte better and better each day?
10. Why does Wilbur struggle when the men try to put him in the crate?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)