|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilbur's first bed?
(a) A blanket in the corner of Fern's room.
(b) A pillow in the hall closet.
(c) A box in the woodshed.
(d) A box near the stove in the kitchen.
2. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Bathe himself in the pond.
(b) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(c) Root in the ground for food.
(d) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
3. What does "salutations" mean?
(a) "Quiet times."
(c) "Best friends."
4. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Easily broken.
(b) Made of thick, sticky cords.
(c) Stronger than it looks.
(d) Stringy and ugly.
5. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
(a) They get left outside in the cold yard.
(b) They have wreaths of holly hung around their necks.
(c) They get fed extra good slops from holiday leftovers.
(d) They get murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
2. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
3. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
4. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
5. Where does Templeton live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
2. How observant is Lurvy when it comes to Wilbur, and how can you tell?
3. How would you describe Charlotte's personality and interactions with other barnyard animals in Chapter 6?
4. Why is Wilbur so unhappy as a young pig after living in the Zuckerman's barn for awhile?
5. Why does Wilbur like Charlotte better and better each day?
6. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
7. Why might the author include scientific information about spider's webs and legs in Chapter 9?
8. How does Mrs. Arable feel about all the time Fern is spending in the barn?
9. How would you describe Templeton in Chapter 4 of the story?
10. How seriously does Fern take her new responsibility of taking care of the pig?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)