|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Getting ready to move away to a safer home.
(b) Weaving something in the middle of her web.
(c) Crying because she is scared.
(d) Hanging upside-down to try to think of a plan.
2. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He says he hears them talking, too.
(b) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(c) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(d) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
3. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's spinning a new web.
(b) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(c) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(d) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are cruel.
(c) They are loving.
(d) They are gullible.
5. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(b) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(c) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(d) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
2. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
3. In which season was Wilbur born?
4. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
5. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explosion mentioned in Chapter 10's title, and why is it important?
2. After whose hour of triumph might this chapter be named, and why?
3. How would you describe Wilbur's feelings about his early life with Fern in Chapter 2?
4. What effect do Charlotte's webs start to have on Wilbur?
5. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
6. How does Wilbur act during his "escape"?
7. What is Wilbur's boast and how does Fern feel when she hears him make it?
8. What is most remarkable about Wilbur's daily routine?
9. How is Fern's attitude toward the animals beginning to change during the time she spends at the Fair?
10. How might the goose's personality be described?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)