|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur adores her.
(c) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(d) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
2. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not sing.
(b) She does not watch Wilbur.
(c) She does not sit and think.
(d) She does not listen.
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is spring.
(b) It is winter.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It is fall.
4. In which season was Wilbur born?
(a) He was born in fall.
(b) He was born in winter.
(c) He was born in spring.
(d) He was born in summer.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(b) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
3. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Who is Dr. Dorian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Fern goes rigid on her stool one time while visiting with the barn animals?
2. What is most remarkable about Wilbur's daily routine?
3. Why might Wilbur feel particularly betrayed that John Arable is in on the "conspiracy" to kill him?
4. What sorts of things are most important to Fern at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
6. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
7. How grown-up is Wilbur by the end of Chapter 3?
8. Why does Uncle Homer agree to buy Wilbur?
9. What are some fun things described in Chapter 6 that children can do in nature during the spring and summer?
10. How does the web of relationships between Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern shift at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)