|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(b) Play with him for an hour a day.
(c) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(d) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
2. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
(a) He is shaken.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is delighted.
(d) He is unconcerned.
3. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Thin, but pleasant.
(b) Deep and rumbling.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Sweet and friendly.
4. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
(a) Charlotte's speech.
(b) Wilbur's speech.
(c) The goose's speech.
(d) Templeton's speech.
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
(c) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(d) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
2. Where does Templeton live?
3. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
5. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of things are most important to Fern at the beginning of the book?
2. How would you describe Wilbur's feelings about his early life with Fern in Chapter 2?
3. What effect does Charlotte's web have on the farm?
4. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
5. How does Charlotte explain that spider webs are a good thing?
6. How would you describe Templeton in Chapter 4 of the story?
7. What is Wilbur's boast and how does Fern feel when she hears him make it?
8. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
9. What kind of a father is Mr. Arable described as being?
10. What might Mr. Arable mean when he says that maybe their ears aren't as sharp as Fern's?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)