|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Zuckerman describe Charlotte's web?
(a) A mess.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) A miracle.
(d) An abomination.
2. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
(a) Wilbur's best friend, who is terribly clever.
(b) A wise teacher.
(c) A creepy, bloodthirsty pest.
(d) A tiny spider, who is not very important compared to the other animals.
3. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(b) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(c) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(d) He says he hears them talking, too.
4. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
(a) The smell will be so bad no one will be able to live in the barn.
(b) The goose and the gander will be sad.
(c) Templeton will want another egg.
(d) All of Templeton's things will stick together.
5. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) The cows are not bothered.
(b) Fern is not bothered.
(c) The sheep are not bothered.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wilbur's first bed?
2. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
3. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
4. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
5. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlotte's impression of people?
2. What are some fun things described in Chapter 6 that children can do in nature during the spring and summer?
3. What is most remarkable about Wilbur's daily routine?
4. How does Wilbur act during his "escape"?
5. What kind of voice does Wilbur use to call for his new friend, and what does this voice tell the reader about Wilbur's development at this point?
6. What might Mr. Arable mean when he says that maybe their ears aren't as sharp as Fern's?
7. How does Fern get along with the animals in the barn?
8. How does the web of relationships between Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern shift at the end of Chapter 7?
9. How observant is Lurvy when it comes to Wilbur, and how can you tell?
10. How do people react to Charlotte's first web?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)