|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Call a local news reporter.
(b) Go visit the minister.
(c) Help him rip down this spooky web.
(d) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
2. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the fall.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the spring.
3. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Refuses to show up on time.
(b) Repeats words.
(c) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(d) Keeps interrupting her.
4. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(b) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(c) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(d) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
5. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
(a) Nothing will ever happen to him because he means a great deal to Mr. Zuckerman now.
(b) Wilbur will have to win a prize at the County Fair every year to keep from being killed and turned into bacon and ham.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman will sell Wilbur for a lot of money.
(d) Fern will bring Wilbur back to her house to live.
6. Which of the following is not an errand or favor that Templeton points out that he has done for Wilbur and Charlotte?
(a) Biting Wilbur's tail to wake him up after he fainted.
(b) Saving Charlotte's life by scaring Avery away with the rotten goose egg.
(c) Making trip after trip to the dump for magazine clippings.
(d) Chasing off Mrs. Zuckerman when she tried to dust away one of Charlotte's first attempts at writing.
7. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(b) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(c) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(d) Because people believe anything they read in print.
8. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Holding hands with her mother.
(b) Off with Henry Fussy.
(c) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
(d) In the front row of the crowd.
9. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
(a) Tucked under his chin.
(b) In his mouth on top of his tongue.
(c) Stuck behind his medal.
(d) Nestled behind his left ear.
10. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(b) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(c) To get some money for the midway.
(d) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
11. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
(a) The name Aranea.
(b) The name Chloris.
(c) The name Joy.
(d) The name Nellie.
12. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
13. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(b) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(c) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
(d) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
14. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Doing a bad job with her chores.
(b) Spending too much time fighting with Avery.
(c) Making up wild tales.
(d) Not taking good care of Wilbur.
15. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Staying close to your parents.
(b) Eating junk food.
(c) Selling pigs.
(d) Growing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
2. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
3. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
4. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)