|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Argue with Wilbur.
(b) Leave her web.
(c) Be nice to Templeton.
(d) Let a fly go free from her web.
2. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She brushes his teeth.
(b) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
(c) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(d) She gives him a pep talk.
3. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
(a) A sailor.
(b) An artist.
(c) An aeronaut.
(d) A climber.
4. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
(a) Fern can bring books from her house.
(b) The goose and the gander can scare the mailman and steal some letters.
(c) Templeton can collect and bring back paper advertisements from the dump.
(d) The animals can sneak some of the Zuckermans' newspapers into the barn.
5. Which of the following is not an errand or favor that Templeton points out that he has done for Wilbur and Charlotte?
(a) Making trip after trip to the dump for magazine clippings.
(b) Saving Charlotte's life by scaring Avery away with the rotten goose egg.
(c) Chasing off Mrs. Zuckerman when she tried to dust away one of Charlotte's first attempts at writing.
(d) Biting Wilbur's tail to wake him up after he fainted.
6. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
(a) The name Joy.
(b) The name Nellie.
(c) The name Aranea.
(d) The name Chloris.
7. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
(b) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(c) Mooning after boys in her class.
(d) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
8. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(c) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(d) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
9. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
(a) Tucked under his chin.
(b) Stuck behind his medal.
(c) Nestled behind his left ear.
(d) In his mouth on top of his tongue.
10. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her abdomen.
(b) Her lower leg joints.
(c) Her egg sac.
(d) Her web.
11. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
(b) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(c) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
(d) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
12. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(d) No one.
13. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
(b) Call a local news reporter.
(c) Go visit the minister.
(d) Help him rip down this spooky web.
14. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) Pig Supreme.
(d) With New Radiant Action.
15. Where does Templeton hide during the day at the fair?
(a) Behind some dirty rags.
(b) In an old soda pop cup.
(c) Under the straw at the bottom of Wilbur's crate.
(d) Under some crumpled newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
3. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
4. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
5. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)