|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(c) Lulu Belle.
2. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To get some money for the midway.
(b) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(c) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(d) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
3. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(b) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(c) How children grow up so quickly.
(d) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
4. What does Templeton do to help Wilbur during the awarding of Wilbur's prize?
(a) He scares Uncle into running off.
(b) He brings Wilbur some food when the Zuckermans forget to feed him.
(c) He bites Wilbur's tail to wake him up when he faints.
(d) He gathers one last piece of writing for Charlotte to copy in her web.
5. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
(b) Help him rip down this spooky web.
(c) Call a local news reporter.
(d) Go visit the minister.
6. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) With New Radiant Action.
(c) Pig Supreme.
7. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
(b) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(c) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(d) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
8. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(b) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(c) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(d) That he would live longer if he ate less.
9. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(b) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(c) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(d) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
10. What reason does Charlotte give for weaving her webs for Wilbur?
(a) It was good practice for her web-weaving skills.
(b) She promised his mother she would help him.
(c) She liked him.
(d) She made a bet with Templeton that she could save Wilbur.
11. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That Wilbur will live forever.
(b) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
(c) That she never had to grow up.
(d) That this day would never end.
12. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) He mother makes her change into it.
(b) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(c) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
(d) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
13. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
(d) She was tiny but loyal.
14. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
(a) Templeton takes all of his food.
(b) Charlotte dies.
(c) Fern moves away.
(d) Men come to get him with knives and guns.
15. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
(b) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
(c) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(d) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
2. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
3. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
4. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
5. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)