|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(b) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(c) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(d) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
2. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
(b) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(c) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(d) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
3. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
(a) Wilbur will have to win a prize at the County Fair every year to keep from being killed and turned into bacon and ham.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman will sell Wilbur for a lot of money.
(c) Fern will bring Wilbur back to her house to live.
(d) Nothing will ever happen to him because he means a great deal to Mr. Zuckerman now.
4. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
(d) She was tiny but loyal.
5. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
(b) In the front row of the crowd.
(c) Off with Henry Fussy.
(d) Holding hands with her mother.
6. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
(b) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(c) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(d) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
7. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(b) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
8. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) Out into the barnyard.
(b) Back to Fern's house.
(c) To the County Fair.
(d) To his new owner's farm.
9. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(b) She brushes his teeth.
(c) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
(d) She gives him a pep talk.
10. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That Wilbur will live forever.
(b) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
(c) That she never had to grow up.
(d) That this day would never end.
11. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(c) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
12. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
(b) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
(c) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(d) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
13. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
(b) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
(c) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(d) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
14. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Yawn over and over.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Talk to herself.
(d) Snack on flies.
15. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(a) Lulu Belle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
2. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
3. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
4. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
5. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)