|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How children grow up so quickly.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
2. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
(a) Retiring and selling his farm to someone else.
(b) Selling a pig for a lot of money.
(c) Meeting Mrs. Zuckerman.
(d) Winning a prize for Wilbur.
3. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
(b) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(c) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
(d) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
4. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
5. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
(a) Resembling cotton candy.
(c) Gray and white like a puffy cloud.
(d) Tough and strong.
6. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Eating junk food.
(b) Selling pigs.
(c) Growing up.
(d) Staying close to your parents.
7. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(c) No one.
8. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) Back to Fern's house.
(b) To his new owner's farm.
(c) Out into the barnyard.
(d) To the County Fair.
9. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
(a) Don't get overheated.
(b) Hang on tight to the swings.
(c) Watch out for pickpockets.
(d) Don't make a mess with cotton candy.
10. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(b) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(c) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(d) Because people believe anything they read in print.
11. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
(a) For attracting so many visitors to the County Fair.
(b) For being the most beautiful pig at the County Fair.
(c) For doing better tricks than Uncle.
(d) For knowing how to read, write, and speak.
12. Where does Templeton hide during the day at the fair?
(a) In an old soda pop cup.
(b) Under the straw at the bottom of Wilbur's crate.
(c) Under some crumpled newspapers.
(d) Behind some dirty rags.
13. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
(b) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(c) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(d) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
14. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) Pig Supreme.
(b) With New Radiant Action.
15. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
(b) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
(c) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(d) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
2. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
3. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
4. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
5. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)