|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Leave her web.
(b) Argue with Wilbur.
(c) Let a fly go free from her web.
(d) Be nice to Templeton.
2. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(d) No one.
3. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How children grow up so quickly.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
4. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Go visit the minister.
(b) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
(c) Call a local news reporter.
(d) Help him rip down this spooky web.
5. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(b) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(c) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
(d) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
6. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(b) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(c) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(d) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
7. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(b) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(c) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(d) So they will give him better food.
8. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
(a) Selling a pig for a lot of money.
(b) Meeting Mrs. Zuckerman.
(c) Winning a prize for Wilbur.
(d) Retiring and selling his farm to someone else.
9. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was tiny but loyal.
(d) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
10. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She brushes his teeth.
(b) She gives him a pep talk.
(c) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(d) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
11. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(b) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
12. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
13. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(b) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(c) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(d) That he would live longer if he ate less.
14. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(b) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(c) Because people believe anything they read in print.
(d) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
15. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Yawn over and over.
(b) Snack on flies.
(c) Talk to herself.
(d) Sing songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
2. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
3. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
4. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
5. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)