|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
(b) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
(c) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(d) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
2. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(b) Pig Supreme.
(c) With New Radiant Action.
3. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(d) No one.
4. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
(a) Stuck behind his medal.
(b) In his mouth on top of his tongue.
(c) Tucked under his chin.
(d) Nestled behind his left ear.
5. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(b) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(c) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(d) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
6. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
(a) For doing better tricks than Uncle.
(b) For attracting so many visitors to the County Fair.
(c) For knowing how to read, write, and speak.
(d) For being the most beautiful pig at the County Fair.
7. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Let a fly go free from her web.
(b) Leave her web.
(c) Argue with Wilbur.
(d) Be nice to Templeton.
8. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(b) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(c) Because people believe anything they read in print.
(d) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
9. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(b) Catch and eat a fish.
(c) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(d) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
10. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Tired and listless.
(b) Cranky and hungry.
(c) Excited about being at the fair.
(d) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
11. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
12. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
(b) To get some money for the midway.
(c) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(d) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
13. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
(a) Wilbur is the one who wants Templeton to come.
(b) To help her guard Wilbur.
(c) To run errands and do general work.
(d) To keep him from causing mischief in the barnyard while she is gone.
14. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
(b) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(c) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
(d) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
15. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
(b) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(c) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
(d) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
2. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
3. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
4. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
5. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)