|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(b) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(c) Mooning after boys in her class.
(d) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
2. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That it is time to dig potatoes.
(b) That school will soon begin again.
(c) That she doesn't have much time left.
(d) That all the little animals have grown up.
3. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
(b) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(c) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(d) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
4. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Eating junk food.
(b) Staying close to your parents.
(c) Selling pigs.
(d) Growing up.
5. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
(a) The name Nellie.
(b) The name Joy.
(c) The name Chloris.
(d) The name Aranea.
6. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(a) Lulu Belle.
7. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Play the ring toss game.
(b) Steer a jet plane.
(c) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
(d) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
8. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(c) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(d) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
9. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Keeps interrupting her.
(b) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(c) Repeats words.
(d) Refuses to show up on time.
10. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
(a) Don't make a mess with cotton candy.
(b) Watch out for pickpockets.
(c) Don't get overheated.
(d) Hang on tight to the swings.
11. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Holding hands with her mother.
(b) In the front row of the crowd.
(c) Off with Henry Fussy.
(d) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
12. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the spring.
13. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(b) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(c) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
(d) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
14. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
(b) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(c) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(d) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
15. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her egg sac.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her web.
(d) Her lower leg joints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
2. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
3. What does Templeton do to help Wilbur during the awarding of Wilbur's prize?
4. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
5. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)