|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was tiny but loyal.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(d) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
2. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Leave her web.
(b) Argue with Wilbur.
(c) Let a fly go free from her web.
(d) Be nice to Templeton.
3. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(b) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(c) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(d) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
4. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
(b) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
(c) Someday she will become a great vet.
(d) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
5. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Steer a jet plane.
(b) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
(c) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
(d) Play the ring toss game.
6. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That all the little animals have grown up.
(b) That school will soon begin again.
(c) That she doesn't have much time left.
(d) That it is time to dig potatoes.
7. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(d) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
8. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Eating junk food.
(b) Selling pigs.
(c) Staying close to your parents.
(d) Growing up.
9. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How children grow up so quickly.
10. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(b) Mooning after boys in her class.
(c) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
(d) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
11. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
(b) Tired and listless.
(c) Excited about being at the fair.
(d) Cranky and hungry.
12. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
(b) Off with Henry Fussy.
(c) In the front row of the crowd.
(d) Holding hands with her mother.
13. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her lower leg joints.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her web.
(d) Her egg sac.
14. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
(a) Charlotte dies.
(b) Fern moves away.
(c) Templeton takes all of his food.
(d) Men come to get him with knives and guns.
15. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(b) He orders the other animals around.
(c) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(d) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
2. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
3. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
4. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
5. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)