|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they will give him better food.
(b) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(c) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(d) So they will let him live with Fern again.
2. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(d) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
3. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
(b) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
(c) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(d) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
4. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
(b) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(c) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(d) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
5. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(b) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(c) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(d) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
6. Which of the following is not an errand or favor that Templeton points out that he has done for Wilbur and Charlotte?
(a) Biting Wilbur's tail to wake him up after he fainted.
(b) Chasing off Mrs. Zuckerman when she tried to dust away one of Charlotte's first attempts at writing.
(c) Saving Charlotte's life by scaring Avery away with the rotten goose egg.
(d) Making trip after trip to the dump for magazine clippings.
7. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Argue with Wilbur.
(b) Let a fly go free from her web.
(c) Leave her web.
(d) Be nice to Templeton.
8. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(b) That he would live longer if he ate less.
(c) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(d) That soon he will be too fat to move.
9. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
10. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(b) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
(c) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(d) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
11. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
(a) For knowing how to read, write, and speak.
(b) For being the most beautiful pig at the County Fair.
(c) For attracting so many visitors to the County Fair.
(d) For doing better tricks than Uncle.
12. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She gives him a pep talk.
(b) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(c) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
(d) She brushes his teeth.
13. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
(b) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(c) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
(d) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
14. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
(a) The name Nellie.
(b) The name Joy.
(c) The name Aranea.
(d) The name Chloris.
15. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(b) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
(c) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
(d) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
2. What reason does Charlotte give for weaving her webs for Wilbur?
3. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
4. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)