|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(b) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(c) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(d) So they will give him better food.
2. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
(b) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(c) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
(d) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
3. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(b) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(c) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(d) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
4. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(b) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
(c) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(d) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
5. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(b) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(c) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(d) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
6. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(b) Catch and eat a fish.
(c) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
7. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
(b) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
(c) Someday she will become a great vet.
(d) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
8. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(b) To get some money for the midway.
(c) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
(d) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
9. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Mooning after boys in her class.
(b) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(c) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(d) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
10. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
(b) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
(c) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
(d) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
11. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
(b) Excited about being at the fair.
(c) Tired and listless.
(d) Cranky and hungry.
12. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(b) Refuses to show up on time.
(c) Repeats words.
(d) Keeps interrupting her.
13. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(a) A good dinner.
14. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
(a) The animals can sneak some of the Zuckermans' newspapers into the barn.
(b) Templeton can collect and bring back paper advertisements from the dump.
(c) Fern can bring books from her house.
(d) The goose and the gander can scare the mailman and steal some letters.
15. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(b) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
(c) He mother makes her change into it.
(d) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
2. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
3. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
4. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
5. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)