|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To get some money for the midway.
(b) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(c) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(d) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
2. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(b) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(c) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
(d) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
3. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
(b) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(c) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(d) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
4. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How children grow up so quickly.
5. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
6. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the spring.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the winter.
7. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
(b) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
(c) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(d) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
8. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Call a local news reporter.
(b) Help him rip down this spooky web.
(c) Go visit the minister.
(d) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
9. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(b) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(c) Because people believe anything they read in print.
(d) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
10. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Repeats words.
(b) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(c) Keeps interrupting her.
(d) Refuses to show up on time.
11. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(d) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
12. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That it is time to dig potatoes.
(b) That school will soon begin again.
(c) That she doesn't have much time left.
(d) That all the little animals have grown up.
13. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(b) A good dinner.
14. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
(a) For being the most beautiful pig at the County Fair.
(b) For knowing how to read, write, and speak.
(c) For doing better tricks than Uncle.
(d) For attracting so many visitors to the County Fair.
15. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(b) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(c) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(d) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
2. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
3. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
4. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
5. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)