|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(b) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(c) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(d) That he would live longer if he ate less.
2. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(b) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
(c) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
(d) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
3. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(b) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
(c) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
(d) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
4. What does Templeton do to help Wilbur during the awarding of Wilbur's prize?
(a) He gathers one last piece of writing for Charlotte to copy in her web.
(b) He bites Wilbur's tail to wake him up when he faints.
(c) He scares Uncle into running off.
(d) He brings Wilbur some food when the Zuckermans forget to feed him.
5. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Repeats words.
(b) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(c) Keeps interrupting her.
(d) Refuses to show up on time.
6. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
(b) Steer a jet plane.
(c) Play the ring toss game.
(d) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
7. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(b) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
(c) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
(d) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
8. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
(a) The old sheep.
(d) One of the goslings.
9. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
(b) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(c) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(d) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
10. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(b) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(c) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(d) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
11. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(b) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
(c) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(d) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
12. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Snack on flies.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Talk to herself.
(d) Yawn over and over.
13. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
(a) Nothing will ever happen to him because he means a great deal to Mr. Zuckerman now.
(b) Fern will bring Wilbur back to her house to live.
(c) Wilbur will have to win a prize at the County Fair every year to keep from being killed and turned into bacon and ham.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman will sell Wilbur for a lot of money.
14. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
(a) For being the most beautiful pig at the County Fair.
(b) For attracting so many visitors to the County Fair.
(c) For doing better tricks than Uncle.
(d) For knowing how to read, write, and speak.
15. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
(b) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(c) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(d) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Charlotte give for weaving her webs for Wilbur?
2. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
3. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
4. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
5. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)