|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(b) Lulu Belle.
2. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(b) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(c) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(d) Because people believe anything they read in print.
3. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(c) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(d) Ride on a truck from city to city.
4. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(b) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(c) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(d) He orders the other animals around.
5. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(b) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(c) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(d) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
6. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(b) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
(c) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(d) Mooning after boys in her class.
7. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(b) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
8. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Eating junk food.
(b) Growing up.
(c) Staying close to your parents.
(d) Selling pigs.
9. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(b) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(c) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(d) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
10. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Steer a jet plane.
(b) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
(c) Play the ring toss game.
(d) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
11. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
12. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(c) No one.
13. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
14. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(b) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(c) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(d) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
15. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Spending too much time fighting with Avery.
(b) Making up wild tales.
(c) Not taking good care of Wilbur.
(d) Doing a bad job with her chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
2. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
3. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
4. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
5. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)