|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Yawn over and over.
(b) Talk to herself.
(c) Snack on flies.
(d) Sing songs.
2. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday she will become a great vet.
(b) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
(c) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
(d) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
3. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
(a) To run errands and do general work.
(b) To keep him from causing mischief in the barnyard while she is gone.
(c) Wilbur is the one who wants Templeton to come.
(d) To help her guard Wilbur.
4. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her egg sac.
(b) Her lower leg joints.
(c) Her abdomen.
(d) Her web.
5. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That she doesn't have much time left.
(b) That school will soon begin again.
(c) That all the little animals have grown up.
(d) That it is time to dig potatoes.
6. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(b) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(c) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
(d) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
7. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
(d) She was tiny but loyal.
8. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(b) He orders the other animals around.
(c) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(d) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
9. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
10. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
(b) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(c) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(d) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
11. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(b) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
(c) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(d) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
12. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She gives him a pep talk.
(b) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
(c) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(d) She brushes his teeth.
13. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the spring.
(b) In the fall.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In the winter.
14. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
(a) Templeton can collect and bring back paper advertisements from the dump.
(b) Fern can bring books from her house.
(c) The animals can sneak some of the Zuckermans' newspapers into the barn.
(d) The goose and the gander can scare the mailman and steal some letters.
15. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
(a) Fern moves away.
(b) Charlotte dies.
(c) Men come to get him with knives and guns.
(d) Templeton takes all of his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
2. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
3. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
4. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
5. What does Templeton do to help Wilbur during the awarding of Wilbur's prize?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)