|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
(b) Holding hands with her mother.
(c) In the front row of the crowd.
(d) Off with Henry Fussy.
2. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
(b) To get some money for the midway.
(c) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(d) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
3. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) Out into the barnyard.
(b) Back to Fern's house.
(c) To his new owner's farm.
(d) To the County Fair.
4. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Making up wild tales.
(b) Spending too much time fighting with Avery.
(c) Doing a bad job with her chores.
(d) Not taking good care of Wilbur.
5. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Refuses to show up on time.
(b) Repeats words.
(c) Keeps interrupting her.
(d) Tries to run the meeting himself.
6. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Talk to herself.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Snack on flies.
(d) Yawn over and over.
7. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
(b) The Zuckermans.
8. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(b) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(c) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
(d) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
9. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
10. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
(b) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(c) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
(d) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
11. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(b) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(c) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
(d) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
12. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
(b) Steer a jet plane.
(c) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
(d) Play the ring toss game.
13. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(c) A good dinner.
14. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
(a) Wilbur will have to win a prize at the County Fair every year to keep from being killed and turned into bacon and ham.
(b) Fern will bring Wilbur back to her house to live.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman will sell Wilbur for a lot of money.
(d) Nothing will ever happen to him because he means a great deal to Mr. Zuckerman now.
15. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(b) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
(c) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(d) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
2. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
3. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
4. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
5. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)