|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the spring.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the fall.
2. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
(b) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
(c) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(d) He mother makes her change into it.
3. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(b) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(c) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(d) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
4. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That she never had to grow up.
(b) That this day would never end.
(c) That Wilbur will live forever.
(d) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
5. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Be nice to Templeton.
(b) Leave her web.
(c) Argue with Wilbur.
(d) Let a fly go free from her web.
6. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
(a) He dreams that Wilbur runs away and gets dirty.
(b) He dreams that Wilbur is turned into delicious bacon and ham.
(c) He dreams that Wilbur grows huge and wins many blue ribbons at the Fair.
(d) He dreams that Wilbur grows big and wrecks the tents and rides at the Fair.
7. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
(b) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(c) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
(d) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
8. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(b) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
(c) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(d) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
9. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
(b) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
(c) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
(d) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
10. How does Wilbur carry Charlotte's egg sac?
(a) In his mouth on top of his tongue.
(b) Stuck behind his medal.
(c) Nestled behind his left ear.
(d) Tucked under his chin.
11. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(b) Catch and eat a fish.
(c) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(d) Ride on a truck from city to city.
12. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(b) So they will give him better food.
(c) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(d) So they will let him live with Fern again.
13. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(b) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(c) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(d) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
14. What reason does Charlotte give for weaving her webs for Wilbur?
(a) She made a bet with Templeton that she could save Wilbur.
(b) She liked him.
(c) It was good practice for her web-weaving skills.
(d) She promised his mother she would help him.
15. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That she doesn't have much time left.
(b) That all the little animals have grown up.
(c) That school will soon begin again.
(d) That it is time to dig potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
2. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
3. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
4. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
5. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)