|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Refuses to show up on time.
(b) Repeats words.
(c) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(d) Keeps interrupting her.
2. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
(b) Resembling cotton candy.
(c) Gray and white like a puffy cloud.
(d) Tough and strong.
3. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
(b) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
(c) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
(d) Someday she will become a great vet.
4. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(b) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(c) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(d) That he would live longer if he ate less.
5. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(b) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(c) So they will give him better food.
(d) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
6. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her abdomen.
(b) Her lower leg joints.
(c) Her egg sac.
(d) Her web.
7. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How children grow up so quickly.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
8. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(c) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
9. For whom does Charlotte say she is making her masterpiece?
(b) The Zuckermans.
10. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
(b) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(c) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(d) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
11. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
(b) Cranky and hungry.
(c) Excited about being at the fair.
(d) Tired and listless.
12. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
(a) He trips and falls into Mr. and Mrs. Arable.
(b) He drenches Mc. Zuckerman and Avery with a pail of water.
(c) He fans Wilbur with his new blanket.
(d) He gets red and embarassed when he is unable to wake the pig.
13. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That Wilbur will live forever.
(b) That she never had to grow up.
(c) That this day would never end.
(d) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
14. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(b) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
15. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
(a) An aeronaut.
(b) An artist.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A climber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
2. What reason does Charlotte give for weaving her webs for Wilbur?
3. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
4. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
5. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)