|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(b) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(c) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(d) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
2. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
(b) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
(c) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(d) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
3. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How children grow up so quickly.
(b) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(c) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
4. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
(a) Play the ring toss game.
(b) Steer a jet plane.
(c) Win a doll by spinning a wheel.
(d) Eat and drink cheeseburgers and soda pop.
5. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
(a) Growing up.
(b) Eating junk food.
(c) Staying close to your parents.
(d) Selling pigs.
6. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
(b) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(c) He mother makes her change into it.
(d) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
7. With whom does Fern ride the Ferris wheel?
(a) With her parents.
(b) With Henry Fussy.
(c) With Avery.
(d) With Wilbur and Charlotte.
8. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(b) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(c) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(d) He orders the other animals around.
9. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
(b) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(c) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(d) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
10. What does Charlotte know when she hears the song of the crickets at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That she doesn't have much time left.
(b) That it is time to dig potatoes.
(c) That all the little animals have grown up.
(d) That school will soon begin again.
11. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(b) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(c) So they will give him better food.
(d) So they will let him live with Fern again.
12. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(b) A good dinner.
13. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Yawn over and over.
(b) Snack on flies.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Talk to herself.
14. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(c) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
15. Where does Templeton hide during the day at the fair?
(a) Under the straw at the bottom of Wilbur's crate.
(b) In an old soda pop cup.
(c) Under some crumpled newspapers.
(d) Behind some dirty rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
2. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
3. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
4. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
5. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)