|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(b) Lulu Belle.
2. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) Pig Supreme.
(d) With New Radiant Action.
3. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(b) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(c) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
(d) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
4. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
(d) No one.
5. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
(b) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
(c) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(d) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
6. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(b) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
(c) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(d) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
7. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) In the front row of the crowd.
(b) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
(c) Off with Henry Fussy.
(d) Holding hands with her mother.
8. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(b) How children grow up so quickly.
(c) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(d) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
9. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
(b) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(c) So they will give him better food.
(d) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
10. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
(b) Tired and listless.
(c) Excited about being at the fair.
(d) Cranky and hungry.
11. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
(b) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
(c) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(d) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
12. How does Wilbur convince Templeton to retrieve Charlotte's egg sac for him?
(a) He promises to let Templeton always have first choice of the food in his trough.
(b) He threatens to call Mr. Zuckerman's attention to the rat.
(c) He tells Templeton the oldest sheep will punish him when they return to the farm.
(d) He offers Templeton a stack of junk food people have dropped in his pen.
13. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(b) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(c) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(d) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
14. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
(a) Be nice to Templeton.
(b) Argue with Wilbur.
(c) Let a fly go free from her web.
(d) Leave her web.
15. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
(a) Men come to get him with knives and guns.
(b) Templeton takes all of his food.
(c) Fern moves away.
(d) Charlotte dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
2. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
3. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
4. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
5. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)