|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Templeton do to help Wilbur during the awarding of Wilbur's prize?
(a) He brings Wilbur some food when the Zuckermans forget to feed him.
(b) He bites Wilbur's tail to wake him up when he faints.
(c) He scares Uncle into running off.
(d) He gathers one last piece of writing for Charlotte to copy in her web.
2. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
3. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(b) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(c) He orders the other animals around.
(d) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
4. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That this day would never end.
(b) That Wilbur will live forever.
(c) That she never had to grow up.
(d) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
5. At the end of the book, what does Fern claim is the most fun there is?
(a) When Wilbur is winning prizes at the County Fair.
(b) When she and Henry are stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
(c) When all the new baby animals are born each year.
(d) When she is sitting on a milk stool in the barn and listening to the animals.
6. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
(b) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(c) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(d) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
7. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(b) She brushes his teeth.
(c) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
(d) She gives him a pep talk.
8. What was the greatest moment in Mr. Zuckerman's life?
(a) Winning a prize for Wilbur.
(b) Meeting Mrs. Zuckerman.
(c) Selling a pig for a lot of money.
(d) Retiring and selling his farm to someone else.
9. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(b) So they will give him better food.
(c) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(d) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
10. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman will sell Wilbur for a lot of money.
(b) Fern will bring Wilbur back to her house to live.
(c) Wilbur will have to win a prize at the County Fair every year to keep from being killed and turned into bacon and ham.
(d) Nothing will ever happen to him because he means a great deal to Mr. Zuckerman now.
11. At the end of the book, what does Wilbur conclude is the best place to be?
(a) Up on stage at the County Fair receiving a prize.
(b) In the cellar of the barn with all the other animals.
(c) Outside in the barnyard under the warm sun.
(d) Playing first with Fern and then with Fern's children.
12. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How children grow up so quickly.
(b) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(c) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(d) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
13. With whom does Fern ride the Ferris wheel?
(a) With Wilbur and Charlotte.
(b) With her parents.
(c) With Henry Fussy.
(d) With Avery.
14. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
(b) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
(c) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
(d) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
15. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) To his new owner's farm.
(b) Out into the barnyard.
(c) To the County Fair.
(d) Back to Fern's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
2. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
3. What is Mr. Zuckerman's dream about Wilbur?
4. What happens when Lurvy tries to wake up Wilbur?
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)