|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(b) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(c) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
(d) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
2. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(b) She was tiny but loyal.
(c) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(d) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
3. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(b) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(c) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(d) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
4. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(b) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(c) Because people believe anything they read in print.
(d) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
5. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
6. Which of the following is not a name Wilbur gives to one of Charlotte's children?
(a) The name Nellie.
(b) The name Joy.
(c) The name Chloris.
(d) The name Aranea.
7. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Excited about being at the fair.
(b) Energized about saving Wilbur's life.
(c) Cranky and hungry.
(d) Tired and listless.
8. What do most of Charlotte's children do after they hatch?
(a) Start spinning webs in all of the corners of the barn.
(b) Make balloons and float away on the wind.
(c) Follow Wilbur around everywhere he goes.
(d) Beg Templeton to collect words for them to write.
9. With whom does Fern ride the Ferris wheel?
(a) With Henry Fussy.
(b) With Avery.
(c) With her parents.
(d) With Wilbur and Charlotte.
10. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
(b) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(c) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
(d) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
11. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
(a) Because of Uncle's cleanliness.
(b) Because of Uncle's funny jokes.
(c) Because of Uncle's size and weight.
(d) Because of Uncle's winning personality.
12. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
(b) He mother makes her change into it.
(c) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
(d) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
13. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(b) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(c) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(d) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
14. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
(a) How well the geese on the Zuckermans' farm speak.
(b) How spiders learned to spin webs in the first place.
(c) How talented a pig Wilbur is.
(d) How children grow up so quickly.
15. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
(a) Holding hands with her mother.
(b) In the front row of the crowd.
(c) Off with Henry Fussy.
(d) Kneeling next to Wilbur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
2. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
3. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
4. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
5. What does Charlotte predict for Wilbur after he has been awarded the special prize?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)