|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In the spring.
(c) In the fall.
(d) In the summer.
2. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(b) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
(c) To get some money for the midway.
(d) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
3. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was tiny but loyal.
(b) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
(c) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(d) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
4. What does the gander do that irritates Charlotte when she calls a meeting?
(a) Tries to run the meeting himself.
(b) Keeps interrupting her.
(c) Repeats words.
(d) Refuses to show up on time.
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Catch and eat a fish.
(b) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(c) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
6. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
(b) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(c) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
7. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(b) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(c) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(d) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
8. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) That she never had to grow up.
(b) That this day would never end.
(c) That Wilbur will live forever.
(d) That she were riding the Ferris wheel with Henry Fussy.
9. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(b) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(c) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
(d) That he would live longer if he ate less.
10. What does Charlotte write in her last web?
(a) Pig Supreme.
(c) With New Radiant Action.
11. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because people believe anything they read in print.
(b) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(c) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(d) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
12. Who wins first prize at the Fair?
(c) Lulu Belle.
13. Which of the following is not an errand or favor that Templeton points out that he has done for Wilbur and Charlotte?
(a) Making trip after trip to the dump for magazine clippings.
(b) Saving Charlotte's life by scaring Avery away with the rotten goose egg.
(c) Biting Wilbur's tail to wake him up after he fainted.
(d) Chasing off Mrs. Zuckerman when she tried to dust away one of Charlotte's first attempts at writing.
14. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(b) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(c) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(d) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
15. What happens in Wilbur's bad dream?
(a) Templeton takes all of his food.
(b) Charlotte dies.
(c) Fern moves away.
(d) Men come to get him with knives and guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern and Avery mention they want to do at the Fair?
2. Where does Templeton hide during the day at the fair?
3. How is Charlotte feeling at the end of Chapter 17?
4. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
5. Who is missing from the meeting when Charlotte calls attendance?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)