|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
(a) Because she will teach him some terrific tricks.
(b) Because she will pick another word to write in her next web.
(c) Because people don't expect much from a pig anyway.
(d) Because people believe anything they read in print.
2. What does Mr. Arable do to make Wilbur feel faint?
(a) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that Fern and the Arables will be moving away after the County Fair.
(b) He tells Mr. Zuckerman that he will get lots of meat when he kills Wilbur.
(c) He says that he doesn't think Wilbur has a chance to win a blue ribbon.
(d) He says he knew Wilbur would always be a runt and never amount to anything.
3. What does Charlotte ask Templeton to bring her back from the fair?
(a) Fern, to come talk to Wilbur.
(b) Some rope, so they can make a pretend web for Wilbur.
(c) A word, so she can write something new in her web.
(d) Some junk food, to cheer Wilbur up.
4. At the end of Chapter 18, how does Fern feel about the time she spent at the Fair?
(a) She says she had a bad time because Avery and Henry Fussy kept teasing her.
(b) She says she didn't enjoy it too much because the Ferris wheel made her sick to her stomach.
(c) She says she couldn't enjoy herself very much because she was too worried about Wilbur.
(d) She says she had the best time she has ever had anywhere or any time in all of her whole life.
5. What does the old sheep tell Templeton after seeing what has happened to Templeton since Wilbur kept his promise to the rat?
(a) That he would live longer if he ate less.
(b) That soon he will be too fat to move.
(c) That he would have more friends if he helped others more.
(d) That the only reason he can stay at the farm is because Wilbur likes him.
6. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
(a) Fern can bring books from her house.
(b) Templeton can collect and bring back paper advertisements from the dump.
(c) The animals can sneak some of the Zuckermans' newspapers into the barn.
(d) The goose and the gander can scare the mailman and steal some letters.
7. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
(a) Don't get overheated.
(b) Hang on tight to the swings.
(c) Don't make a mess with cotton candy.
(d) Watch out for pickpockets.
8. Who does the voice on the loud speaker at the fair say cannot write?
9. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the spring.
(b) In the fall.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the summer.
10. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(d) A good dinner.
11. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(b) Burrow underground and make a web there.
(c) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(d) Catch and eat a fish.
12. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
(a) She wants to look nice for Wilbur.
(b) She knows she will see boys at the Fair.
(c) Her father tells her that only tomboys wear overalls all the time.
(d) He mother makes her change into it.
13. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) Out into the barnyard.
(b) To the County Fair.
(c) To his new owner's farm.
(d) Back to Fern's house.
14. Which of the following is not a way that Charlotte's egg sac is described?
(b) Tough and strong.
(c) Resembling cotton candy.
(d) Gray and white like a puffy cloud.
15. What does the author declare about Charlotte at the end of the book?
(a) She was bloodthirsty except where pigs were concerned.
(b) She was tiny but loyal.
(c) She was possessed of a first-rate heart but second-rate handwriting.
(d) She was both a true friend and a good writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the judges award Wilbur a special prize?
2. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
3. Where is Fern when Wilbur receives his special award?
4. What does Fern wish at the end of Chapter 19?
5. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)