|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He is still very skinny.
(b) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(c) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(d) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
2. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She carries him home in her arms.
(b) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
(c) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(d) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is fall.
(b) It is winter.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It is spring.
4. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
(a) People are spooked and begin to avoid the Zuckermans.
(b) Exterminators show up and offer to get rid of Charlotte.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman pleads with Charlotte to weave another, bigger web.
(d) People come from all around to see Wilbur and the web.
5. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
(a) Avery falls on the trough and smashes the egg beneath it.
(b) Lurvy finds it and throws it on the trash heap.
(c) Avery finds the egg and throws it at the barn wall.
(d) Wilbur accidentally steps on it.
6. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The abdomen.
(b) The fangs.
(c) The legs.
(d) The eyes.
7. Why does everyone watch Templeton when he first approaches the goose?
(a) He is yelling for them to watch him.
(b) He is not well liked or trusted.
(c) They are afraid the goose will hurt Templeton.
(d) They are waiting for him to do something funny.
8. What reason does Charlotte give Wilbur for why he doesn't need a web?
(a) He wouldn't like how bugs taste.
(b) Zuckerman feeds him.
(c) He already has a nice place to sleep.
(d) It's too much of a bother to take care of.
9. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Fern notices.
(c) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(d) Lurvy notices.
10. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As a burden.
(b) As her best friend.
(c) As a boring pet.
(d) As her baby.
11. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
(a) "I've watched you all day and I like you."
(b) "No one will ever be your friend."
(c) "Mr. Zuckerman is going to sell you soon."
(d) "I can help you make a new friend."
12. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
(b) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
(c) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(d) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
13. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(b) The sheep are not bothered.
(c) The cows are not bothered.
(d) Fern is not bothered.
14. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
(b) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(c) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
(d) He handles stuff like this all the time.
15. What does Charlotte promise Wilbur at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) That she will help him think of something nice to do for Fern.
(b) That she will always be his friend.
(c) That she will save him.
(d) That she will make him the best Christmas present ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
3. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
4. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
5. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)