|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
(a) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Almost every afternoon.
(d) Once a week.
2. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
(c) She says Wilbur adores her.
(d) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) She doesn't like Fern.
(b) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(c) She is mean and teases him.
(d) She can't spend very much time with him.
4. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not watch Wilbur.
(b) She does not sing.
(c) She does not listen.
(d) She does not sit and think.
5. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will be cold at night.
(b) She thinks he will be lonely.
(c) She thinks other animals will bother him.
(d) She thinks he will run away.
6. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(b) The gander tells him.
(c) The goose tells him.
(d) Fern tells him.
7. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
(b) With cold milk from a bowl.
(c) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(d) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
8. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Lurvy notices.
(c) Fern notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
9. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(b) He plows up some ground with his nose.
(c) He scares a flock of chickens.
(d) He eats a bunch of crops.
10. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(b) She carries him home in her arms.
(c) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
(d) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are loving.
(c) They are gullible.
(d) They are cruel.
12. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
(a) Wake somebody in the morning before he is ready.
(b) Ask for too many favors.
(c) Hang around your new friend all the time.
(d) Keep borrowing things and not returning them.
13. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
(a) They want him to be able to hold his own in a fight against other pigs.
(b) They want to win first prize at the County Fair.
(c) They plan to kill him.
(d) They want him to be healthy since he was the runt.
14. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(b) It is the runt of the litter.
(c) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(d) It has been attacking the other pigs.
15. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
(a) He sits on it to hatch it.
(b) He adds it to his collection.
(c) He eats it for dinner.
(d) He paints it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
4. Why does everyone watch Templeton when he first approaches the goose?
5. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)