|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Seven hatch.
(b) Four hatch.
(c) Ten hatch.
(d) Eight hatch.
2. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
(c) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(d) She says Wilbur adores her.
3. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Cleaning the house together.
(b) Having Sunday breakfast together.
(c) Cooking Saturday night dinner together.
(d) Picking berries from the garden together.
4. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(b) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
(c) By walking through an open gate.
(d) By tunneling under the fence.
5. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
(b) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(c) He handles stuff like this all the time.
(d) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Sensible and useful.
(b) Mean and spiteful.
(c) Silly and misguided.
(d) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
7. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(b) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(c) He thinks it smells bad.
(d) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
8. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(b) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(c) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
(d) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
9. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
(b) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(c) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
(d) With cold milk from a bowl.
10. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
(a) Fern warns him.
(b) The gander warns him.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman warns him.
(d) The goose warns him.
11. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(b) The sheep are not bothered.
(c) Fern is not bothered.
(d) The cows are not bothered.
12. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(b) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
(c) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(d) When she's spinning a new web.
13. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
(a) She is busy looking after her goslings.
(b) She is busy eating lunch.
(c) She does not like to associate with pigs.
(d) She must sit on her eggs to keep them warm.
14. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He scares a flock of chickens.
(b) He plows up some ground with his nose.
(c) He eats a bunch of crops.
(d) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
15. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
(a) Worried about the responsibility.
(b) Angry and put-upon.
(c) Blissful and lucky.
(d) Unbothered because she plans to make her parents take care of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
2. What do Fern and Avery play on in Mr. Zuckerman's barn?
3. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
4. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What does "salutations" mean?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)