|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(b) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(c) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
2. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
(a) Lurvy notices.
(b) Fern notices.
(c) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
3. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
(a) He has been promising to give her a pet for a long time.
(b) Mr. Arable is trying to teach her a lesson about responsibility.
(c) She was up at daylight, trying to rid the world of an injustice.
(d) It is time for her to help out around the household.
4. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
5. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
(b) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(c) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(d) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
6. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
(a) Avery falls on the trough and smashes the egg beneath it.
(b) Avery finds the egg and throws it at the barn wall.
(c) Lurvy finds it and throws it on the trash heap.
(d) Wilbur accidentally steps on it.
7. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A pig of his own.
(b) A new air rifle.
(c) A new wooden dagger.
(d) The puppy he has wanted for months.
8. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(c) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(d) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
9. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and Avery.
(b) Fern and her parents.
(c) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(d) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
10. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is spring.
(b) It is winter.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It is fall.
11. Where does Templeton live?
(a) In a lair beneath the trough.
(b) In a hole in the barn's wall.
(c) In the woodpile behind the barn.
(d) In a bucket behind the sheep.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are loving.
(c) They are gullible.
(d) They are cruel.
13. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
(a) Charlotte is the first.
(b) The gander is the first.
(c) Fern is the first.
(d) Wilbur is the first.
14. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Put the victim to sleep.
(b) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
(c) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(d) Apologize to the victim.
15. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
(b) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(c) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(d) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
3. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
4. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
5. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)