|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
(a) Avery finds the egg and throws it at the barn wall.
(b) Avery falls on the trough and smashes the egg beneath it.
(c) Lurvy finds it and throws it on the trash heap.
(d) Wilbur accidentally steps on it.
2. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
(b) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
(c) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(d) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
3. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The old sheep getting sheared.
(b) Wilbur learning how to escape his yard.
(c) Charlotte weaving a beautiful web.
(d) The goslings hatching.
4. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(b) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
(c) He thinks it smells bad.
(d) He thinks it is miserable and small.
5. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Eat and drink only a little.
(b) Gain weight and stay well.
(c) Never hurry and never worry.
(d) Keep fit and don't lose your nerve.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are gullible.
(b) They are loving.
(c) They are cruel.
(d) They are patient.
7. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(b) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
(c) Put the victim to sleep.
(d) Apologize to the victim.
8. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) She isn't interested or concerned.
(b) She thinks Fern is acting out to get attention.
(c) She doesn't think it is normal and plans to tell Fern's doctor.
(d) She is delighted by her daughter's imagination.
9. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
(a) The old sheep teasing Wilbur.
(b) People planning to kill pigs.
(c) Templeton sneaking all the best bits out of Wilbur's food trough.
(d) Fern planning to sell Wilbur to get money for Christmas presents.
10. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(b) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(c) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(d) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
11. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) The gander tells him.
(b) Fern tells him.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(d) The goose tells him.
12. Before Charlotte speaks up, who is going to help Wilbur calm down after receiving the bad news?
(c) The goose.
(d) The old sheep.
13. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(b) What's for breakfast?
(c) When can I get a new pet?
(d) Where's Papa going with that ax?
14. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Kill a gosling.
(b) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(c) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(d) Rip up Charlotte's web.
15. In which season was Wilbur born?
(a) He was born in summer.
(b) He was born in fall.
(c) He was born in spring.
(d) He was born in winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "salutations" mean?
2. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
3. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
4. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
5. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)