|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "salutations" mean?
(b) "Quiet times."
(c) "Best friends."
2. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(b) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(c) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(d) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Sensible and useful.
(b) Mean and spiteful.
(c) Silly and misguided.
(d) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
4. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He handles stuff like this all the time.
(b) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
(c) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(d) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
5. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(b) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(c) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
6. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
(a) The gander is the first.
(b) Charlotte is the first.
(c) Fern is the first.
(d) Wilbur is the first.
7. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(b) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(c) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(d) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
8. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) The gander tells him.
(b) Fern tells him.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(d) The goose tells him.
9. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
(b) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
(c) She carries him home in her arms.
(d) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
10. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) An ant.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A fly.
(d) A bee.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are gullible.
(c) They are cruel.
(d) They are loving.
12. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Four hatch.
(b) Ten hatch.
(c) Eight hatch.
(d) Seven hatch.
13. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) What's for breakfast?
(b) When can I get a new pet?
(c) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(d) Where's Papa going with that ax?
14. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(b) He says he hears them talking, too.
(c) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(d) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
15. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Put the victim to sleep.
(b) Apologize to the victim.
(c) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(d) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
2. What has Charlotte woven into her web?
3. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
5. How does Fern feed her new pet?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)