|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) They will promise not to kill him.
(b) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
(c) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(d) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
2. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) Where's Papa going with that ax?
(b) What's for breakfast?
(c) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(d) When can I get a new pet?
3. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is unconcerned.
(c) He is shaken.
(d) He is delighted.
4. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(b) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
(c) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(d) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
5. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
(a) Look under the hay and behind his food trough.
(b) Ask the party who addressed him the night before to give him a sign.
(c) Wake up each animal one by one and ask him or her if he or she is the friend.
(d) Ask Templeton if he saw anything suspicious the night before.
6. How does Mr. Zuckerman describe Charlotte's web?
(a) A miracle.
(b) An abomination.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) A mess.
7. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not listen.
(b) She does not sit and think.
(c) She does not sing.
(d) She does not watch Wilbur.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Mean and spiteful.
(b) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(c) Silly and misguided.
(d) Sensible and useful.
9. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
(a) In the morning.
(b) After lunch.
(c) In the evening.
(d) On Saturday.
10. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Seven hatch.
(b) Four hatch.
(c) Eight hatch.
(d) Ten hatch.
11. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
(a) The smell will be so bad no one will be able to live in the barn.
(b) All of Templeton's things will stick together.
(c) Templeton will want another egg.
(d) The goose and the gander will be sad.
12. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(b) By tunneling under the fence.
(c) By walking through an open gate.
(d) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
13. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
(b) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(c) He thinks it smells bad.
(d) He thinks it is miserable and small.
14. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
(a) Fern warns him.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman warns him.
(c) The goose warns him.
(d) The gander warns him.
15. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of new rope.
(b) It mostly smells of fish.
(c) It mostly smells of manure.
(d) It mostly smells of hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
2. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
3. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
4. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)