|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
(a) Having many things on his mind.
(b) A bad tummy-ache from eating too much slop.
(c) The sound of the goose turning on her nest and clucking to herself.
(d) The sound of Templeton gnawing a hole in the grain bin.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are cruel.
(c) They are loving.
(d) They are gullible.
3. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
(a) Charlotte is the first.
(b) Fern is the first.
(c) The gander is the first.
(d) Wilbur is the first.
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It will taste delicious.
(b) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(c) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(d) It is probably going to die anyway.
5. Why does everyone watch Templeton when he first approaches the goose?
(a) He is not well liked or trusted.
(b) They are waiting for him to do something funny.
(c) They are afraid the goose will hurt Templeton.
(d) He is yelling for them to watch him.
6. What does "salutations" mean?
(c) "Quiet times."
(d) "Best friends."
7. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will run away.
(b) She thinks he will be lonely.
(c) She thinks other animals will bother him.
(d) She thinks he will be cold at night.
8. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(b) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(c) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(d) Kill a gosling.
9. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By walking through an open gate.
(b) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(c) By tunneling under the fence.
(d) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
10. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(b) He handles stuff like this all the time.
(c) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
(d) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
11. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
12. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(b) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
(c) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
(d) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
13. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(b) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(c) Play with him for an hour a day.
(d) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
14. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(c) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(d) Running around for exercise.
15. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
(a) The goose's speech.
(b) Templeton's speech.
(c) Charlotte's speech.
(d) Wilbur's speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which season was Wilbur born?
2. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
4. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
5. Who does Avery try to catch in the barn?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)