|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
(a) Exterminators show up and offer to get rid of Charlotte.
(b) People come from all around to see Wilbur and the web.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman pleads with Charlotte to weave another, bigger web.
(d) People are spooked and begin to avoid the Zuckermans.
2. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
(a) Worried about the responsibility.
(b) Blissful and lucky.
(c) Unbothered because she plans to make her parents take care of it.
(d) Angry and put-upon.
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) She can't spend very much time with him.
(b) She is mean and teases him.
(c) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(d) She doesn't like Fern.
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is big enough to sell.
(b) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(c) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(d) He is not a baby any more.
5. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) With cold milk from a bowl.
(b) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(c) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
(d) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
6. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is fall.
(b) It is summer.
(c) It is spring.
(d) It is winter.
7. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Lurvy notices.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(c) Fern notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
8. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(b) The cows are not bothered.
(c) Fern is not bothered.
(d) The sheep are not bothered.
9. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(b) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(c) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(d) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
10. What does Mr. Arable say Fern will see once he agrees to let her raise the baby pig?
(a) How hard it is not to want to eat a pig once it gets big and fat.
(b) How mean and ornery pigs can be.
(c) What trouble a pig will be.
(d) What dirty creatures pigs are.
11. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
(c) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(d) She says Wilbur adores her.
12. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) The local minister.
(b) Fern's family doctor.
(c) The farmyard vet.
(d) A professor who studies talking animals.
13. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not watch Wilbur.
(b) She does not sit and think.
(c) She does not sing.
(d) She does not listen.
14. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
(a) Almost every afternoon.
(b) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Once a week.
15. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Stringy and ugly.
(b) Made of thick, sticky cords.
(c) Stronger than it looks.
(d) Easily broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
2. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
3. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
4. What is Wilbur's first bed?
5. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)