|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
(a) The goose warns him.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman warns him.
(c) The gander warns him.
(d) Fern warns him.
2. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(b) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(c) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
3. What has Charlotte woven into her web?
(a) The words "SOME PIG".
(b) A picture of Wilbur.
(c) The words "WILBUR'S HOME".
(d) A picture of a first prize ribbon.
4. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(b) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(c) Run for the woods.
(d) Go find Fern.
5. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A new air rifle.
(b) The puppy he has wanted for months.
(c) A new wooden dagger.
(d) A pig of his own.
6. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
7. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(b) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(c) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(d) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
8. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) An ant.
(b) A bee.
(c) A fly.
(d) A mosquito.
9. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
(a) Templeton sneaking all the best bits out of Wilbur's food trough.
(b) Fern planning to sell Wilbur to get money for Christmas presents.
(c) The old sheep teasing Wilbur.
(d) People planning to kill pigs.
10. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
(b) Mr. Zuckerman.
11. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
(a) The old sheep does.
(b) Fern does.
(c) The goose does.
(d) Templeton does.
12. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Four hatch.
(b) Ten hatch.
(c) Seven hatch.
(d) Eight hatch.
13. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is not a baby any more.
(b) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(c) He is big enough to sell.
(d) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
14. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
(a) He paints it.
(b) He adds it to his collection.
(c) He eats it for dinner.
(d) He sits on it to hatch it.
15. What is Charlotte's idea for saving Wilbur?
(a) She will convince Fern to take him back.
(b) She will help him escape under the fence.
(c) She will find someone to buy him from Zuckerman.
(d) She will play a trick on Zuckerman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "salutations" mean?
2. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
3. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
4. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
5. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)