|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are loving.
(c) They are gullible.
(d) They are cruel.
2. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It is the runt of the litter.
(b) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(c) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(d) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
3. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur adores her.
(b) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(c) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(d) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
4. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(b) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(c) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(d) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
(d) She must help out with chores around the farm.
6. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is summer.
(b) It is winter.
(c) It is spring.
(d) It is fall.
7. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's spinning a new web.
(b) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(c) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(d) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
8. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As her baby.
(b) As a boring pet.
(c) As a burden.
(d) As her best friend.
9. What is Charlotte's idea for saving Wilbur?
(a) She will play a trick on Zuckerman.
(b) She will convince Fern to take him back.
(c) She will find someone to buy him from Zuckerman.
(d) She will help him escape under the fence.
10. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
11. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
12. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Hanging upside-down to try to think of a plan.
(b) Weaving something in the middle of her web.
(c) Crying because she is scared.
(d) Getting ready to move away to a safer home.
13. What does Charlotte promise Wilbur at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) That she will make him the best Christmas present ever.
(b) That she will help him think of something nice to do for Fern.
(c) That she will always be his friend.
(d) That she will save him.
14. Who ties a string to Wilbur's tail and why?
(a) Fern ties the string so Wilbur won't forget the upcoming County Fair.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman ties the string to fasten Wilbur to the fence so he won't wander off.
(c) Charlotte ties the string so Wilbur can pretend to be a spider.
(d) Templeton ties the string so Wilbur can try to spin a web.
15. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
(a) Mr. Arable.
(b) Mrs. Arable.
(c) The Zuckermans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
2. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
3. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
4. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
5. How does Fern feed her new pet?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)