|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avery try to catch in the barn?
(a) He tries to catch Charlotte.
(b) He tries to catch Wilbur.
(c) He tries to catch Templeton.
(d) He tries to catch his escaped pet frog.
2. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(b) Go find Fern.
(c) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(d) Run for the woods.
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It is spring.
(b) It is summer.
(c) It is fall.
(d) It is winter.
4. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Warms his milk.
(b) Ties a bib on him.
(c) Holds a bottle for him.
(d) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
5. How does Fern like the barn best?
(a) When she can show her family around and introduce them to the animals.
(b) When it is warm and cozy inside while it is raining outside.
(c) When it is early in the morning and the animals are just waking up.
(d) When she can be all alone with her friends the animals.
6. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
(a) After lunch.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the morning.
(d) On Saturday.
7. What do Fern and Avery play on in Mr. Zuckerman's barn?
(a) A swing.
(b) The ladder to the hay loft.
(c) Hay bales.
(d) An old wagon.
8. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Lurvy notices.
(c) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(d) Fern notices.
9. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(b) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(d) Running around for exercise.
10. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(b) By walking through an open gate.
(c) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
(d) By tunneling under the fence.
11. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Gain weight and stay well.
(b) Keep fit and don't lose your nerve.
(c) Eat and drink only a little.
(d) Never hurry and never worry.
12. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
(a) Keep borrowing things and not returning them.
(b) Wake somebody in the morning before he is ready.
(c) Hang around your new friend all the time.
(d) Ask for too many favors.
13. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(b) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(c) Play with him for an hour a day.
(d) Take him for a walk around the barn.
14. What reason does Charlotte give Wilbur for why he doesn't need a web?
(a) He already has a nice place to sleep.
(b) He wouldn't like how bugs taste.
(c) It's too much of a bother to take care of.
(d) Zuckerman feeds him.
15. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
(a) For peace and quiet so he can take a nap.
(b) A friend.
(c) Better food.
(d) For the other animals to stop teasing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
2. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
4. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
5. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)