|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(b) It will taste delicious.
(c) It is probably going to die anyway.
(d) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
2. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The fangs.
(c) The abdomen.
(d) The legs.
3. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(b) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(d) Running around for exercise.
4. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
(a) A tiny spider, who is not very important compared to the other animals.
(b) A wise teacher.
(c) A creepy, bloodthirsty pest.
(d) Wilbur's best friend, who is terribly clever.
5. Who does Avery try to catch in the barn?
(a) He tries to catch Wilbur.
(b) He tries to catch Templeton.
(c) He tries to catch Charlotte.
(d) He tries to catch his escaped pet frog.
6. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A fly.
(c) A bee.
(d) An ant.
7. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Cooking Saturday night dinner together.
(b) Picking berries from the garden together.
(c) Having Sunday breakfast together.
(d) Cleaning the house together.
8. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) She can't spend very much time with him.
(b) She is mean and teases him.
(c) She doesn't like Fern.
(d) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
9. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(b) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(c) Play with him for an hour a day.
(d) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
10. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
(a) Blissful and lucky.
(b) Worried about the responsibility.
(c) Unbothered because she plans to make her parents take care of it.
(d) Angry and put-upon.
11. What has Charlotte woven into her web?
(a) The words "SOME PIG".
(b) A picture of a first prize ribbon.
(c) The words "WILBUR'S HOME".
(d) A picture of Wilbur.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Mean and spiteful.
(b) Silly and misguided.
(c) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(d) Sensible and useful.
13. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
(a) She has outgrown them.
(b) They got wet when she walked through the grass.
(c) They have holes in them.
(d) She stepped in pig manure in the barn.
14. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
(a) Templeton will want another egg.
(b) All of Templeton's things will stick together.
(c) The goose and the gander will be sad.
(d) The smell will be so bad no one will be able to live in the barn.
15. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Holds a bottle for him.
(b) Warms his milk.
(c) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
(d) Ties a bib on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
2. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
3. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
5. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)