|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
(a) His breakfast.
(b) His best blanket.
(c) His favorite toy.
(d) Straw from his bed.
2. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
(a) They have holes in them.
(b) She stepped in pig manure in the barn.
(c) They got wet when she walked through the grass.
(d) She has outgrown them.
3. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(b) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
(c) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(d) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
4. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
5. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Apologize to the victim.
(b) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
(c) Put the victim to sleep.
(d) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
6. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
(a) It feels queer to have nothing between him and the open world.
(b) He is terrified of the world outside.
(c) He is angry he never thought to escape before.
(d) He is so excited he decides to run all the way to Fern's house.
7. How does Fern like the barn best?
(a) When she can be all alone with her friends the animals.
(b) When she can show her family around and introduce them to the animals.
(c) When it is early in the morning and the animals are just waking up.
(d) When it is warm and cozy inside while it is raining outside.
8. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Holds a bottle for him.
(b) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
(c) Warms his milk.
(d) Ties a bib on him.
9. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
(b) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
(c) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(d) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
10. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Fern notices.
(c) Lurvy notices.
(d) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
11. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and Avery.
(b) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(c) Fern and her parents.
(d) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
12. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it smells bad.
(b) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(c) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(d) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
13. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Keep fit and don't lose your nerve.
(b) Never hurry and never worry.
(c) Eat and drink only a little.
(d) Gain weight and stay well.
14. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
(a) Mrs. Arable.
(b) The Zuckermans.
(d) Mr. Arable.
15. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
(a) She is too busy spinning her web to look at him.
(b) He is hiding in a pile of straw.
(c) She is near-sighted.
(d) The lamb is blocking her view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
2. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
3. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
4. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
5. How does Mr. Zuckerman describe Charlotte's web?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)