|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 - Last Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
(b) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
(c) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(d) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
2. What is Charlotte's magnum opus?
(a) Her web.
(b) Her lower leg joints.
(c) Her egg sac.
(d) Her abdomen.
3. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He eats a bunch of crops.
(b) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(c) He plows up some ground with his nose.
(d) He scares a flock of chickens.
4. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Mooning after boys in her class.
(b) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
(c) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(d) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
5. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(b) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(c) He orders the other animals around.
(d) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which season was Wilbur born?
2. Why does everyone watch Templeton when he first approaches the goose?
3. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
5. Who is with Charlotte when she dies?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)