|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 - Last Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(b) He is big enough to sell.
(c) He is not a baby any more.
(d) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
2. How does the old sheep convince Templeton to go to the Fair?
(a) She says Templeton will find lots of food to eat there.
(b) She says none of the other farm animals will talk to Templeton if he doesn't go.
(c) She promises she will get the goose to give Templeton another egg.
(d) She says Templeton owes Wilbur a favor.
3. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is running errands for her mother.
(b) She is busy playing with friends.
(c) She is away at school.
(d) She must do her other chores then.
4. Who ties a string to Wilbur's tail and why?
(a) Charlotte ties the string so Wilbur can pretend to be a spider.
(b) Templeton ties the string so Wilbur can try to spin a web.
(c) Fern ties the string so Wilbur won't forget the upcoming County Fair.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman ties the string to fasten Wilbur to the fence so he won't wander off.
5. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(b) To get some money for the midway.
(c) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(d) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
2. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
3. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
4. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
5. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)