|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
(b) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(c) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(d) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
2. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Holds a bottle for him.
(b) Ties a bib on him.
(c) Warms his milk.
(d) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
3. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He says he hears them talking, too.
(b) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(c) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(d) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
4. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Almost every afternoon.
5. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(b) It will taste delicious.
(c) It is probably going to die anyway.
(d) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does Charlotte do in the night at the Fair that she almost never does?
5. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)