|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
(a) So they wouldn't kill and eat him.
(b) So they will give him better food.
(c) So they will let him live with Fern again.
(d) So they'll enter him in the County Fair pig contest.
2. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Root in the ground for food.
(b) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
(c) Bathe himself in the pond.
(d) Run and hide from bigger animals.
3. How does Fern like the barn best?
(a) When it is warm and cozy inside while it is raining outside.
(b) When she can show her family around and introduce them to the animals.
(c) When it is early in the morning and the animals are just waking up.
(d) When she can be all alone with her friends the animals.
4. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Stronger than it looks.
(b) Easily broken.
(c) Stringy and ugly.
(d) Made of thick, sticky cords.
5. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It is the runt of the litter.
(b) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(c) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(d) It has been attacking the other pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
2. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
3. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
4. What does Charlotte warn will happen if the egg Templeton took breaks?
5. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)