|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(b) He orders the other animals around.
(c) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(d) He remains modest and unspoiled.
2. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of new rope.
(b) It mostly smells of manure.
(c) It mostly smells of hay.
(d) It mostly smells of fish.
3. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(b) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(d) Running around for exercise.
4. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She must do her other chores then.
(b) She is running errands for her mother.
(c) She is busy playing with friends.
(d) She is away at school.
5. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
(b) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(c) They will promise not to kill him.
(d) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
2. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
3. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
4. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
5. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)