|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
(b) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(c) They will promise not to kill him.
(d) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
2. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(b) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(c) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(d) Kill a gosling.
3. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
(a) She wants to see if he is radiant in action.
(b) She wants him to be in good shape so he can escape.
(c) She wants him to lose weight and look less delicious.
(d) She wants to teach him some new tricks for the County Fair.
4. What about Fern's behavior does her mother not find normal?
(a) Spending so much time alone with just animals.
(b) Mooning after boys in her class.
(c) Refusing to wash dishes or help with the laundry.
(d) Wanting to be a tomboy with Avery.
5. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
(a) Fern and Avery's plans for building a new swing.
(b) Fern's explanation for how to take care of baby goslings.
(c) The story about Charlotte's cousin.
(d) Watching Fern knit a sweater for Wilbur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fern and Avery play on in Mr. Zuckerman's barn?
2. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
3. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
4. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
5. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)