|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(b) When she's spinning a new web.
(c) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(d) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
2. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(b) He is still very skinny.
(c) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(d) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
3. How does Dr. Dorian imagine it must be like to sit in a barn and listen to animals?
4. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(b) Bathe himself in the pond.
(c) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
(d) Root in the ground for food.
5. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(b) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
(c) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
(d) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
2. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
4. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
5. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)