|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
(b) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(c) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(d) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
2. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) Where's Papa going with that ax?
(b) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(c) When can I get a new pet?
(d) What's for breakfast?
3. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
(a) The sound of Templeton gnawing a hole in the grain bin.
(b) Having many things on his mind.
(c) A bad tummy-ache from eating too much slop.
(d) The sound of the goose turning on her nest and clucking to herself.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
(a) They are gullible.
(b) They are cruel.
(c) They are patient.
(d) They are loving.
5. Who ties a string to Wilbur's tail and why?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman ties the string to fasten Wilbur to the fence so he won't wander off.
(b) Charlotte ties the string so Wilbur can pretend to be a spider.
(c) Fern ties the string so Wilbur won't forget the upcoming County Fair.
(d) Templeton ties the string so Wilbur can try to spin a web.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte want Templeton to come to the Fair?
2. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Who is Dr. Dorian?
4. Before Charlotte speaks up, who is going to help Wilbur calm down after receiving the bad news?
5. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)