|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian predict will happen to Fern?
(a) Someday the animals will try to move into her house with her.
(b) Someday she will become a great vet.
(c) Someday she will earn enough money to buy Wilbur back.
(d) Someday Henry Fussy will drop a remark that catches her attention.
2. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(b) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
3. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(b) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(c) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(d) It is the runt of the litter.
4. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
(a) He is shaken.
(b) He is unconcerned.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is delighted.
5. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(b) Kill a gosling.
(c) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(d) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
2. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
3. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
4. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)