|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Thin, but pleasant.
(b) Deep and rumbling.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Sweet and friendly.
2. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
(a) By chasing him around and around the barn.
(b) By reasoning with him.
(c) By trapping him in a net.
(d) By luring him back with a pail full of slops.
3. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(b) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
(c) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
(d) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
4. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Charlotte weaving a beautiful web.
(b) The goslings hatching.
(c) The old sheep getting sheared.
(d) Wilbur learning how to escape his yard.
5. What does the author say Wilbur realizes is one of the most satisfying things in the world?
(c) A good dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
2. What is the oldest sheep's idea for how Charlotte can get ideas for more words to write in her web?
3. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
4. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)