|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
(a) They get fed extra good slops from holiday leftovers.
(b) They get murdered.
(c) They have wreaths of holly hung around their necks.
(d) They get left outside in the cold yard.
2. What does Charlotte promise Wilbur at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) That she will always be his friend.
(b) That she will save him.
(c) That she will help him think of something nice to do for Fern.
(d) That she will make him the best Christmas present ever.
3. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Root in the ground for food.
(b) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(c) Bathe himself in the pond.
(d) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
4. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(b) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
(c) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
(d) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
5. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(b) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(c) Kill a gosling.
(d) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
2. Which of the following is not an instruction given by Mr. and Mrs. Arable to Fern and Avery?
3. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
4. What do Fern and Avery play on in Mr. Zuckerman's barn?
5. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)