|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(b) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(c) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(d) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
2. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
(b) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
(c) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(d) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
3. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
(a) A friend.
(b) Better food.
(c) For the other animals to stop teasing him.
(d) For peace and quiet so he can take a nap.
4. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(c) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(d) Running around for exercise.
5. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman pleads with Charlotte to weave another, bigger web.
(b) People come from all around to see Wilbur and the web.
(c) People are spooked and begin to avoid the Zuckermans.
(d) Exterminators show up and offer to get rid of Charlotte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
2. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
3. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
4. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
5. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)