|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
(a) That she should not be a silly, weak girl.
(b) That she will have to learn to control herself.
(c) That he's her father and she must listen to him.
(d) That he will sell it to her.
2. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
(b) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(c) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(d) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
3. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(b) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
(c) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(d) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
4. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and Avery.
(b) Fern and her parents.
(c) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(d) Everybody in the barn cellar.
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She can only come once a week.
(d) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
2. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
3. In which season was Wilbur born?
4. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)