|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(b) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(c) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(d) He is still very skinny.
2. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) When can I get a new pet?
(b) Where's Papa going with that ax?
(c) What's for breakfast?
(d) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
3. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
(a) Wake up each animal one by one and ask him or her if he or she is the friend.
(b) Ask Templeton if he saw anything suspicious the night before.
(c) Look under the hay and behind his food trough.
(d) Ask the party who addressed him the night before to give him a sign.
4. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(b) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
(c) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(d) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
5. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Not taking good care of Wilbur.
(b) Doing a bad job with her chores.
(c) Making up wild tales.
(d) Spending too much time fighting with Avery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
2. In what does Fern's mother get interested in spite of herself?
3. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
4. How does Fern like the barn best?
5. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)