|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
(a) She does not like to associate with pigs.
(b) She is busy looking after her goslings.
(c) She must sit on her eggs to keep them warm.
(d) She is busy eating lunch.
2. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(b) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(c) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(d) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
3. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(b) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(c) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(d) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
4. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(b) He is still very skinny.
(c) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(d) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
5. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
(b) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(c) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
(d) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Dorian?
2. What does Wilbur do when he hears why the people are fattening him up?
3. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
4. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
5. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)