|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "salutations" mean?
(a) "Quiet times."
(c) "Best friends."
2. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) Fern's family doctor.
(b) A professor who studies talking animals.
(c) The local minister.
(d) The farmyard vet.
3. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Stronger than it looks.
(b) Stringy and ugly.
(c) Made of thick, sticky cords.
(d) Easily broken.
4. How are Wilbur's destiny and Templeton's destiny linked, according to Charlotte?
(a) If anything happens to Wilbur, Templeton won't have any food to eat.
(b) They can help each other become stars if they pool their talents.
(c) They would make great pets for Fern and Avery.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman is plotting to get rid of both of them.
5. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He is still very skinny.
(b) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(c) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(d) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charlotte want to make the Zuckermans think that Wilbur is an unusual pig?
2. What has Charlotte woven into her web?
3. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
4. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
5. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)