|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
(a) She was up at daylight, trying to rid the world of an injustice.
(b) Mr. Arable is trying to teach her a lesson about responsibility.
(c) He has been promising to give her a pet for a long time.
(d) It is time for her to help out around the household.
2. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) She doesn't think it is normal and plans to tell Fern's doctor.
(b) She isn't interested or concerned.
(c) She is delighted by her daughter's imagination.
(d) She thinks Fern is acting out to get attention.
3. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her parents.
(b) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(c) Fern and Avery.
(d) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
4. What does Charlotte promise Wilbur at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) That she will make him the best Christmas present ever.
(b) That she will help him think of something nice to do for Fern.
(c) That she will save him.
(d) That she will always be his friend.
5. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
(a) Out into the barnyard.
(b) Back to Fern's house.
(c) To his new owner's farm.
(d) To the County Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
2. Who is the first person to see what Charlotte has woven into her web?
3. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
4. Why does Charlotte say that it doesn't matter if Wilbur isn't actually terrific?
5. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)