|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - The Crickets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) A professor who studies talking animals.
(b) The local minister.
(c) The farmyard vet.
(d) Fern's family doctor.
2. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It is probably going to die anyway.
(b) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(c) It will taste delicious.
(d) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
3. What does Mr. Zuckerman tell his wife to do when they find the new web?
(a) Go visit the minister.
(b) Help him rip down this spooky web.
(c) Call a local news reporter.
(d) Get a camera so they can photograph the web.
4. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
5. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
(b) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(c) They will promise not to kill him.
(d) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
2. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
3. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
4. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
5. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)