|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A new air rifle.
(b) A pig of his own.
(c) The puppy he has wanted for months.
(d) A new wooden dagger.
2. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(b) What's for breakfast?
(c) When can I get a new pet?
(d) Where's Papa going with that ax?
3. What does Mr. Arable say Fern will see once he agrees to let her raise the baby pig?
(a) How mean and ornery pigs can be.
(b) What trouble a pig will be.
(c) How hard it is not to want to eat a pig once it gets big and fat.
(d) What dirty creatures pigs are.
4. Which of the following is not a piece of advice Charlotte gives Wilbur at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Keep fit and don't lose your nerve.
(b) Never hurry and never worry.
(c) Eat and drink only a little.
(d) Gain weight and stay well.
5. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) The sheep are not bothered.
(b) Fern is not bothered.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(d) The cows are not bothered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
2. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
3. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
4. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
5. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)