|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Templeton live?
(a) In a lair beneath the trough.
(b) In a hole in the barn's wall.
(c) In a bucket behind the sheep.
(d) In the woodpile behind the barn.
2. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) She doesn't like Fern.
(b) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(c) She can't spend very much time with him.
(d) She is mean and teases him.
3. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of fish.
(b) It mostly smells of new rope.
(c) It mostly smells of manure.
(d) It mostly smells of hay.
4. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(c) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(d) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
5. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not sit and think.
(b) She does not watch Wilbur.
(c) She does not sing.
(d) She does not listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
2. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
4. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
5. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)