|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Thin, but pleasant.
(b) Deep and rumbling.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Sweet and friendly.
2. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Picking berries from the garden together.
(b) Having Sunday breakfast together.
(c) Cooking Saturday night dinner together.
(d) Cleaning the house together.
3. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is running errands for her mother.
(b) She is busy playing with friends.
(c) She must do her other chores then.
(d) She is away at school.
4. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(b) She is mean and teases him.
(c) She can't spend very much time with him.
(d) She doesn't like Fern.
5. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
(a) They want to win first prize at the County Fair.
(b) They want him to be healthy since he was the runt.
(c) They want him to be able to hold his own in a fight against other pigs.
(d) They plan to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
2. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
3. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
4. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
5. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)