|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Run for the woods.
(b) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(c) Go find Fern.
(d) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
2. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
(a) Keep borrowing things and not returning them.
(b) Wake somebody in the morning before he is ready.
(c) Ask for too many favors.
(d) Hang around your new friend all the time.
3. Who ties a string to Wilbur's tail and why?
(a) Charlotte ties the string so Wilbur can pretend to be a spider.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman ties the string to fasten Wilbur to the fence so he won't wander off.
(c) Fern ties the string so Wilbur won't forget the upcoming County Fair.
(d) Templeton ties the string so Wilbur can try to spin a web.
4. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He says he hears them talking, too.
(b) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(c) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(d) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(b) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(c) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(d) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
2. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
3. Before Charlotte speaks up, who is going to help Wilbur calm down after receiving the bad news?
4. Where does Templeton live?
5. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)