|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The old sheep getting sheared.
(b) The goslings hatching.
(c) Wilbur learning how to escape his yard.
(d) Charlotte weaving a beautiful web.
2. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
(a) Wilbur's best friend, who is terribly clever.
(b) A tiny spider, who is not very important compared to the other animals.
(c) A wise teacher.
(d) A creepy, bloodthirsty pest.
3. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The abdomen.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The legs.
(d) The fangs.
4. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(b) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(c) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
5. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
(a) Lie down half asleep and dream pleasant dreams.
(b) Roll around in the mud often.
(c) Gain lots of weight.
(d) Eat three meals a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
3. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
4. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
5. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)