|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
(a) She says Wilbur tolerates her.
(b) She says Wilbur is spooked by her.
(c) She says Wilbur adores her.
(d) She says Wilbur dislikes her.
2. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He scares a flock of chickens.
(b) He eats a bunch of crops.
(c) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(d) He plows up some ground with his nose.
3. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
(a) She didn't keep it warm enough.
(b) Templeton touched it.
(c) It's a dud.
(d) The last egg wasn't a goose egg after all.
4. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
(a) Having many things on his mind.
(b) The sound of the goose turning on her nest and clucking to herself.
(c) The sound of Templeton gnawing a hole in the grain bin.
(d) A bad tummy-ache from eating too much slop.
5. Except for the goose, who is the first to know the goslings have hatched?
(a) Wilbur is the first.
(b) The gander is the first.
(c) Fern is the first.
(d) Charlotte is the first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
3. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
4. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
5. Who is Dr. Dorian?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)