|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(b) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
(c) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
(d) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
2. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(b) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(c) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(d) That next time he will head for the woods first.
3. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(b) Go find Fern.
(c) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(d) Run for the woods.
4. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) A fly.
(b) A bee.
(c) An ant.
(d) A mosquito.
5. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(b) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(c) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(d) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
2. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
3. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
4. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
5. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)