|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is away at school.
(b) She must do her other chores then.
(c) She is busy playing with friends.
(d) She is running errands for her mother.
2. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
(b) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(c) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(d) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
3. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(b) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(c) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(d) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
4. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Ten hatch.
(b) Eight hatch.
(c) Four hatch.
(d) Seven hatch.
5. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
(a) He eats it for dinner.
(b) He paints it.
(c) He sits on it to hatch it.
(d) He adds it to his collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern say Wilbur feels about Charlotte?
2. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
3. What season is it on the farm at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
5. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)