|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
(a) They get fed extra good slops from holiday leftovers.
(b) They get left outside in the cold yard.
(c) They get murdered.
(d) They have wreaths of holly hung around their necks.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Silly and misguided.
(b) Mean and spiteful.
(c) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(d) Sensible and useful.
3. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
(a) She didn't keep it warm enough.
(b) Templeton touched it.
(c) The last egg wasn't a goose egg after all.
(d) It's a dud.
4. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is busy playing with friends.
(b) She must do her other chores then.
(c) She is running errands for her mother.
(d) She is away at school.
5. What is Wilbur particularly glad Charlotte does before eating a victim?
(a) Make sure the victim is a bad insect.
(b) Put the victim to sleep.
(c) Apologize to the victim.
(d) Warn Wilbur so he can look away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
2. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
3. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
4. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
5. What is Wilbur's first bed?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)