|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She carries him home in her arms.
(b) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
(c) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(d) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
2. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(b) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(c) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(d) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
3. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of hay.
(b) It mostly smells of fish.
(c) It mostly smells of manure.
(d) It mostly smells of new rope.
4. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
(a) It's a dud.
(b) She didn't keep it warm enough.
(c) Templeton touched it.
(d) The last egg wasn't a goose egg after all.
5. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(b) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
(c) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
(d) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
2. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
3. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
4. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)