|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
(b) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(c) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
(d) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
2. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(b) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
(c) By tunneling under the fence.
(d) By walking through an open gate.
3. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
(a) Four hatch.
(b) Seven hatch.
(c) Eight hatch.
(d) Ten hatch.
4. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
(a) She was up at daylight, trying to rid the world of an injustice.
(b) He has been promising to give her a pet for a long time.
(c) Mr. Arable is trying to teach her a lesson about responsibility.
(d) It is time for her to help out around the household.
5. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
(a) Lie down half asleep and dream pleasant dreams.
(b) Gain lots of weight.
(c) Roll around in the mud often.
(d) Eat three meals a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
3. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
4. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)