|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
(a) He doesn't want to upset the goose and gander.
(b) He doesn't want to ruin his other things.
(c) He handles stuff like this all the time.
(d) He doesn't want to make the barn smell bad.
2. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
(b) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(c) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(d) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
3. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of new rope.
(b) It mostly smells of fish.
(c) It mostly smells of manure.
(d) It mostly smells of hay.
4. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(b) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(c) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(d) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
5. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
(b) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
(c) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(d) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
2. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
4. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
5. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)