|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) In the farmyard, bothering the animals.
(b) By the pond, catching frogs.
(c) Behind the barn, whittling sticks.
(d) Upstairs, looking for his slingshot.
2. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) The puppy he has wanted for months.
(b) A new wooden dagger.
(c) A new air rifle.
(d) A pig of his own.
3. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(b) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
(c) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(d) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sweet and friendly.
(b) Deep and rumbling.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Thin, but pleasant.
5. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
(a) Lurvy notices.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(c) Fern notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
2. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
3. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
4. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
5. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)