|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(b) The cows are not bothered.
(c) The sheep are not bothered.
(d) Fern is not bothered.
2. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
(a) Ask Templeton if he saw anything suspicious the night before.
(b) Ask the party who addressed him the night before to give him a sign.
(c) Look under the hay and behind his food trough.
(d) Wake up each animal one by one and ask him or her if he or she is the friend.
3. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
(a) He sits on it to hatch it.
(b) He adds it to his collection.
(c) He eats it for dinner.
(d) He paints it.
4. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
(a) She is too busy spinning her web to look at him.
(b) The lamb is blocking her view.
(c) She is near-sighted.
(d) He is hiding in a pile of straw.
5. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A pig of his own.
(b) A new air rifle.
(c) A new wooden dagger.
(d) The puppy he has wanted for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
2. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
3. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
5. What is Wilbur's first bed?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)