|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
(a) They plan to kill him.
(b) They want to win first prize at the County Fair.
(c) They want him to be able to hold his own in a fight against other pigs.
(d) They want him to be healthy since he was the runt.
2. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
(a) The old sheep does.
(b) Templeton does.
(c) Fern does.
(d) The goose does.
3. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
(a) Lie down half asleep and dream pleasant dreams.
(b) Gain lots of weight.
(c) Eat three meals a day.
(d) Roll around in the mud often.
4. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(c) Fern notices.
(d) Lurvy notices.
5. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her parents.
(b) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(c) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(d) Fern and Avery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
2. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
3. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
4. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
5. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)