|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(d) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
2. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is busy playing with friends.
(b) She must do her other chores then.
(c) She is away at school.
(d) She is running errands for her mother.
3. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will be cold at night.
(b) She thinks he will run away.
(c) She thinks he will be lonely.
(d) She thinks other animals will bother him.
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Deep and rumbling.
(b) Thin, but pleasant.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Sweet and friendly.
5. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
(b) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
(c) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(d) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
2. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
3. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
4. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
5. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)