|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
(a) They want him to be able to hold his own in a fight against other pigs.
(b) They want him to be healthy since he was the runt.
(c) They want to win first prize at the County Fair.
(d) They plan to kill him.
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
(b) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(c) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(d) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
3. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is busy playing with friends.
(b) She is away at school.
(c) She must do her other chores then.
(d) She is running errands for her mother.
4. What is the first question Fern asks her mother in the book?
(a) Where's Papa going with that ax?
(b) Has the litter of baby pigs been born yet?
(c) When can I get a new pet?
(d) What's for breakfast?
5. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(b) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(c) It is the runt of the litter.
(d) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
2. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
3. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
4. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
5. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)