|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Mrs. Arable say Fern goes to the barn?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Almost every afternoon.
2. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(c) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(d) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
3. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) The farmyard vet.
(b) A professor who studies talking animals.
(c) The local minister.
(d) Fern's family doctor.
4. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As a burden.
(b) As her best friend.
(c) As her baby.
(d) As a boring pet.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(b) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(c) He is not a baby any more.
(d) He is big enough to sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
2. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
3. How does Mrs. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
4. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
5. Where does Templeton live?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)