|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte promise Wilbur at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) That she will make him the best Christmas present ever.
(b) That she will save him.
(c) That she will help him think of something nice to do for Fern.
(d) That she will always be his friend.
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(b) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
(c) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(d) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
3. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(b) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(c) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(d) It is the runt of the litter.
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(b) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(c) It is probably going to die anyway.
(d) It will taste delicious.
5. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As a burden.
(b) As her baby.
(c) As her best friend.
(d) As a boring pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
2. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
3. How many goslings hatch from the goose's eggs?
4. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
5. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)