|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(b) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
(c) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(d) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
2. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
3. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(b) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(c) He thinks it smells bad.
(d) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
4. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(d) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
5. What does Charlotte do when Templeton takes the last egg away?
(a) She frowns and says, "No good will come of this."
(b) She warns the rest of the animals to watch their things.
(c) She asks if she can have an egg next time.
(d) She laughs and says "A rat is a rat."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
2. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
3. What does Mr. Arable say Fern will see once he agrees to let her raise the baby pig?
4. What is Wilbur's first bed?
5. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)