|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Summer Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
(a) It is time for her to help out around the household.
(b) He has been promising to give her a pet for a long time.
(c) Mr. Arable is trying to teach her a lesson about responsibility.
(d) She was up at daylight, trying to rid the world of an injustice.
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(b) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(c) He is big enough to sell.
(d) He is not a baby any more.
3. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He plows up some ground with his nose.
(b) He eats a bunch of crops.
(c) He scares a flock of chickens.
(d) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
4. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(b) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
(c) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(d) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
5. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) A bee.
(b) An ant.
(c) A fly.
(d) A mosquito.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
3. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
4. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
5. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)