|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Summer Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Ties a bib on him.
(b) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
(c) Warms his milk.
(d) Holds a bottle for him.
2. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is busy playing with friends.
(b) She must do her other chores then.
(c) She is running errands for her mother.
(d) She is away at school.
3. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(b) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(c) It will taste delicious.
(d) It is probably going to die anyway.
4. What is Wilbur's first bed?
(a) A box in the woodshed.
(b) A box near the stove in the kitchen.
(c) A blanket in the corner of Fern's room.
(d) A pillow in the hall closet.
5. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(b) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
(c) He thinks it smells bad.
(d) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
2. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
3. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
4. Why does Templeton say he won't break the egg?
5. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)