|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Summer Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A new air rifle.
(b) A new wooden dagger.
(c) A pig of his own.
(d) The puppy he has wanted for months.
2. What does "salutations" mean?
(a) "Quiet times."
(c) "Best friends."
3. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(b) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(c) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(d) It is the runt of the litter.
4. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) The gander tells him.
(b) The goose tells him.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(d) Fern tells him.
5. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(b) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
(c) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
(d) With cold milk from a bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
2. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
4. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
5. What is Wilbur's first bed?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)