|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Summer Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(b) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(c) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(d) That next time he will head for the woods first.
2. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
(a) Take him for a walk around the barn.
(b) Give him extra-nice slops to eat.
(c) Feed him sulphur and molasses.
(d) Play with him for an hour a day.
3. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is not a baby any more.
(b) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(c) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(d) He is big enough to sell.
4. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(b) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(c) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(d) It is the runt of the litter.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(b) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(c) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(d) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
2. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
3. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
4. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
5. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)