|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Summer Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
(a) The Zuckermans.
(c) Mr. Arable.
(d) Mrs. Arable.
2. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will run away.
(b) She thinks other animals will bother him.
(c) She thinks he will be cold at night.
(d) She thinks he will be lonely.
3. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
4. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(b) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(c) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
(d) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
5. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
(a) Eat all of Wilbur's food.
(b) Rip up Charlotte's web.
(c) Steal all the eggs on the farm.
(d) Kill a gosling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
2. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
3. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
4. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
5. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)