|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
(a) Mr. Arable is trying to teach her a lesson about responsibility.
(b) He has been promising to give her a pet for a long time.
(c) She was up at daylight, trying to rid the world of an injustice.
(d) It is time for her to help out around the household.
2. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As her best friend.
(b) As her baby.
(c) As a boring pet.
(d) As a burden.
3. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
(a) She does not like to associate with pigs.
(b) She must sit on her eggs to keep them warm.
(c) She is busy looking after her goslings.
(d) She is busy eating lunch.
4. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
(a) That she should not be a silly, weak girl.
(b) That he's her father and she must listen to him.
(c) That he will sell it to her.
(d) That she will have to learn to control herself.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(b) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
2. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
3. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
4. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
5. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)