|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
(a) That she will have to learn to control herself.
(b) That he will sell it to her.
(c) That he's her father and she must listen to him.
(d) That she should not be a silly, weak girl.
2. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(b) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(c) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(d) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
3. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It is probably going to die anyway.
(b) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(c) It will taste delicious.
(d) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
4. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
(a) She stepped in pig manure in the barn.
(b) They have holes in them.
(c) They got wet when she walked through the grass.
(d) She has outgrown them.
5. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
2. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
3. What does Mr. Arable say Fern will see once he agrees to let her raise the baby pig?
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
5. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)