|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A pig of his own.
(b) A new wooden dagger.
(c) A new air rifle.
(d) The puppy he has wanted for months.
2. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(b) She carries him home in her arms.
(c) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
(d) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
3. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is not a baby any more.
(b) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(c) He is big enough to sell.
(d) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
4. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
(a) "No one will ever be your friend."
(b) "I can help you make a new friend."
(c) "Mr. Zuckerman is going to sell you soon."
(d) "I've watched you all day and I like you."
5. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not sit and think.
(b) She does not sing.
(c) She does not watch Wilbur.
(d) She does not listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
2. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
3. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
4. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)