|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Warms his milk.
(b) Ties a bib on him.
(c) Holds a bottle for him.
(d) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
2. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
(a) She carries him home in her arms.
(b) She lets him rest in the grass while she climbs trees.
(c) She pushes him in her doll carriage while he sleeps.
(d) She sits under a tree and settles him in her lap for a nap.
3. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
(c) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(d) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
4. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Running around for exercise.
(c) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(d) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is big enough to sell.
(b) He is not a baby any more.
(c) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(d) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
2. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
3. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
4. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
5. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)