|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(b) It is probably going to die anyway.
(c) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(d) It will taste delicious.
2. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
(a) Better food.
(b) A friend.
(c) For peace and quiet so he can take a nap.
(d) For the other animals to stop teasing him.
3. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(b) It is the runt of the litter.
(c) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(d) He wants to sell the meat at market.
4. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
(a) A pig of his own.
(b) The puppy he has wanted for months.
(c) A new air rifle.
(d) A new wooden dagger.
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He plows up some ground with his nose.
(b) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(c) He eats a bunch of crops.
(d) He scares a flock of chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
2. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
3. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
4. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
5. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)