|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(b) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(c) Run for the woods.
(d) Go find Fern.
2. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Running around for exercise.
(b) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(c) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
3. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(b) She can only come once a week.
(c) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
(d) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sweet and friendly.
(b) Thin, but pleasant.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Deep and rumbling.
5. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(b) He thinks it smells bad.
(c) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(d) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
3. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
4. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
5. What is Wilbur's first bed?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)