|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Arable say Fern will see once he agrees to let her raise the baby pig?
(a) How hard it is not to want to eat a pig once it gets big and fat.
(b) What trouble a pig will be.
(c) What dirty creatures pigs are.
(d) How mean and ornery pigs can be.
2. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(b) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
(c) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(d) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
3. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(b) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(c) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(d) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
4. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(b) The gander tells him.
(c) Fern tells him.
(d) The goose tells him.
5. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
(b) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
(c) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(d) With cold milk from a bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
2. In which season was Wilbur born?
3. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
4. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
5. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)