|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is away at school.
(b) She must do her other chores then.
(c) She is running errands for her mother.
(d) She is busy playing with friends.
2. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(d) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
3. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(b) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
(c) Running around for exercise.
(d) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
4. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(b) Bathe himself in the pond.
(c) Root in the ground for food.
(d) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
5. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(b) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
(c) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(d) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
3. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
4. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
5. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)