|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Thin, but pleasant.
(b) Sweet and friendly.
(c) Tiny, but sinister.
(d) Deep and rumbling.
2. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(b) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(c) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(d) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
3. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
4. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
(a) That she will have to learn to control herself.
(b) That she should not be a silly, weak girl.
(c) That he will sell it to her.
(d) That he's her father and she must listen to him.
5. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
(a) Unbothered because she plans to make her parents take care of it.
(b) Blissful and lucky.
(c) Worried about the responsibility.
(d) Angry and put-upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
2. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
3. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
4. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
5. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)