|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
(a) It mostly smells of fish.
(b) It mostly smells of hay.
(c) It mostly smells of new rope.
(d) It mostly smells of manure.
2. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
(b) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(c) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(d) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
3. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
(a) For the other animals to stop teasing him.
(b) For peace and quiet so he can take a nap.
(c) A friend.
(d) Better food.
4. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
5. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
(a) That he will sell it to her.
(b) That she will have to learn to control herself.
(c) That he's her father and she must listen to him.
(d) That she should not be a silly, weak girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
2. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
3. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
4. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
5. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)