|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(b) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
(c) They will promise not to kill him.
(d) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
2. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Bathe himself in the pond.
(b) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(c) Root in the ground for food.
(d) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
3. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As her baby.
(b) As her best friend.
(c) As a boring pet.
(d) As a burden.
4. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It will taste delicious.
(b) It is probably going to die anyway.
(c) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(d) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
5. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
(a) "Mr. Zuckerman is going to sell you soon."
(b) "I've watched you all day and I like you."
(c) "I can help you make a new friend."
(d) "No one will ever be your friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
2. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
3. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
4. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
5. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)