|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(b) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
2. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It is the runt of the litter.
(b) He wants to sell the meat at market.
(c) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(d) It has been attacking the other pigs.
3. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
(a) She thinks he will be cold at night.
(b) She thinks other animals will bother him.
(c) She thinks he will run away.
(d) She thinks he will be lonely.
4. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(b) He eats a bunch of crops.
(c) He scares a flock of chickens.
(d) He plows up some ground with his nose.
5. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She is away at school.
(b) She is running errands for her mother.
(c) She must do her other chores then.
(d) She is busy playing with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
2. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
3. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
4. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
5. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)