|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
(b) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(c) By walking through an open gate.
(d) By tunneling under the fence.
2. Why does Mrs. Arable say Mr. Arable is probably right to kill the pig?
(a) It will taste delicious.
(b) It is mean and will hurt the other animals.
(c) The family needs the money the pig's meat will bring.
(d) It is probably going to die anyway.
3. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(c) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(d) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
4. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
(d) She must help out with chores around the farm.
5. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
(a) It has been attacking the other pigs.
(b) It is the runt of the litter.
(c) He wants to cook it for breakfast.
(d) He wants to sell the meat at market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Wilbur want in Chapter 4?
3. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
4. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
5. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)