|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(b) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
(c) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
(d) They will promise not to kill him.
2. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
(a) Killing a spider and killing a little pig.
(b) Killing a calf and killing a little pig.
(c) Killing a little girl and killing a little pig.
(d) Killing a full-grown pig and killing a little pig.
3. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
(a) By reasoning with him.
(b) By trapping him in a net.
(c) By chasing him around and around the barn.
(d) By luring him back with a pail full of slops.
4. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Lurvy notices.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
(d) Fern notices.
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(b) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(c) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(d) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
2. Why is Mr. Arable going to kill one of the pigs?
3. What does Mr. Zuckerman instruct Lurvy to do to try to make Wilbur feel better?
4. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
5. What does Mr. Arable say when Fern pleads with him to not kill the pig?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)